Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Stranger things have happened but I hope they don't and we get someone else. Not that I have an issue with them, I am going on the 7th to see them as my girlfriend was keen to see them.

It would be such a let down to be talking about MCR, The Strokes etc and to end up with half of Queen. Whoever we get, I do have faith that they will be decent booking.

I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed myself, they have such a solid discography and I imagine the audience would to be involved in. MCR are my top choice, never been into the Strokes but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

I agree, just wanted to throw a new fresh name in the mix of things haha! I wouldn't be surprised though, they'll bring money in like. 

Do we expect an announcement Friday afternoon then?

I said Friday latest because that's the day they do things a lot of the time. If they do have the Strokes though, I'd probably say tomorrow is most likely because they'll be keen to get it out and it's always 11am announcements, I think. (Today at 11am won't happen if the Strokes are announcing at 12:51 NYC time as seems to be the case)

10 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

queen will be a separate concert, not Mad Cool

the thing is it will be pretty much competition for Mad Cool and they knew this long before probably(as news gets out pretty quickly in this industry, even between competitors), so expect strong headliners. 

The queen separate concerts only clash on the Wednesday, same day as T swift & 21 pilots.

They play madrid on the Tuesday and Wednesday (as their own shows)

Edited by lukecork

If The Strokes is announcing today, Mad Cool is also announcing today along with the other festivals! I don't think they would wait only to announce them at 11 a.m as usual... I think they would do that only if MCR said that the could also announce them tomorrow with The Strokes.

5 minutes ago, sariris said:

If The Strokes is announcing today, Mad Cool is also announcing today along with the other festivals! I don't think they would wait only to announce them at 11 a.m as usual... I think they would do that only if MCR said that the could also announce them tomorrow with The Strokes.

If the festival is to  stick to 11:00 AM Friday announcements  and it is MCR, this would be a good day for the band.

MCR UK show tickets are online at 09:30AM, so they'll be selling out the MK Stadium at 09:30 AM (Confident this will happen) & then be announced as MC headliners at eleven.

Edited by lukecork
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

If MC would also have The Strokes announced today, wouldn't they have teased the announcement by now? 

they haven't teased announcements since they stopped making clues about the bands/artists!! they just drop them either at 11 a.m or 1 p.m

EDIT: they didn't tweet anything at 11 a.m, not even a “stupid” tweet about their playlist or x partner (that always makes my heart stop for a few seconds)... uuuuh. That could mean that an announcement is happening today...

...or not.

Edited by sariris

I don't think there will be any teasing for this one. The Strokes are already heavily linked to MC due to that poster leak. They know the hype is there. They will announce The Strokes the same time as the band announces their European dates later today. NOS say 5pm, BKS say 17:51 aka 12:51 in States. I can see them doing a hefty tour after Julian claiming that "they're back" and MC better be on it....or else 😁

Seriously I don’t get the excitement with the Strokes - help me understand?

yea they are an amazing band on record but they just don’t bring it live whenever I’ve seen them, apart from one very early gig! 

Have these people getting excited actually seen them live before?

4 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

yea they are an amazing band on record but they just don’t bring it live whenever I’ve seen them, apart from one very early gig! 

I don't know The Strokes that much tbh but seeing that everybody is hyped about them... I would be happy for them if they ended up playing this!

I want MCR haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Personally I haven't seen them live and because they don't tour much I think it builds up hype. 

I heard they don't have a fantastic live reputation however neither do the like of RHCP and they are still a highly requested band. 

It seems like STROKES + MCR combo is ready to be delivered¡¡¡ ... rounding a awesome line up.

My excitement raises from inexperience, precisely, they are two bands no easy to spot here¡¡¡¡

Once they will be announced the big question will be:

What we do till july without gossip material?

We are dangerously directed to flat boredom for 6 months, unless we,ll got started with  timetables battles....

12 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

They will release a new album this year after 6 years.

They tour very rarely. They played only in Primeavera 2014 before last years Bilbao BBK in Spain.

Last year they were heavily rumored for Mad Cool but BBK and Doctor Music booked them first.

Saw The Strokes 2 times, both great shows. Even though a lot of people i know dont like them live, and have seen some bad shows from them.

The hype pretty much comes from the fact they dont tour that much, are very expensive act, rarely do festivals in Europe....so there are tons of people that never saw them live.

10 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Saw them last year at Lollapalooza Paris and I loved it, the crowd was amazing, people came from everywhere just to see them (me and my friends are from Germany). Definetly want to see them again this year, but I don't know, maybe it's different when they tour more extensively.

Get the feeling that if they announce The Strokes & MCR and neither end up playing many other concerts the last of those 3 day tickets will get mopped up pronto. To be honest, I would be more then happy if we got one of them. But hay ho, why not be greedy, I want both 😊

That would be one incredible poster if those two names were added and would close down all debate about which festival has the best lineup.

4 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes they are but Primavera and Mad Cool shared Arctic Monkeys two years ago as well

I remember that, its a very rare occurrence. We'll see what happens as people were saying in this thread The Strokes were having issues dealing with MC. Could be people just chatting rubbish haha!