Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

I think they'll announce the missing headliners this month (probably next week), and the last one will right before they start sending the wristbands!

So... for headliners we have: The Strokes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arcade Fire, My Chemical Romance, Tame Impala,...?

3 minutes ago, sariris said:

So... for headliners we have: The Strokes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arcade Fire, My Chemical Romance, Tame Impala,...?

Only MCR seem to be pretty certain atm (there's been a few infos on them doing Mad Cool and Werchter from reasonably reliable sources). 

The Strokes thing was already debated. If we do get them I expect them to be announced in less than a week. The longer it takes, the less likely.

RHCP are about, though there's been talk they won't do many more dates than what's already been announced. No sign of Arcade Fire being active this summer. Tame Impala have a convenient european-festival-run-shaped hole in their tour but no sings they indeed mean to fill it.

I'd be happy with any two out of those.

18 minutes ago, sariris said:

I think they'll announce the missing headliners this month (probably next week), and the last one will right before they start sending the wristbands!

i've already got my wristband...

5 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

i've already got my wristband...

Me too, but that's because we purchased the FNAC pack. I meant the wristband of those who purchased the general ticket.

What about Pearl Jam??? I've just seen that they're announced for Werchter.

10 minutes ago, sariris said:

I really am puzzled on this, all the likely names have question marks. As robmongascy already stated Tame Impala are on a US tour then.

Arcade Fire no European dates announced, RHCP not expected to play many dates, MCR rumours but no dates yet and not expected to play an extensive tour and we all know about the Strokes.

It might become a little clearer as other festivals start to announce their headliners and we can see who is active and start to see the patterns in their bookings. I know she is playing Primavera but is Lana Del Ray available? She would be another good headliner. I am not ruling anyone out at the moment unless they are already playing somewhere else at the same time.

I think when they announce the headliners it will be as a pair. I doubt they are in any hurry and as so  much of the line up is already out, they will not feel under pressure to make an announcement.

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

Me too, but that's because we purchased the FNAC pack. I meant the wristband of those who purchased the general ticket.

What about Pearl Jam??? I've just seen that they're announced for Werchter.

They are one of the ones I ruled out at BST 10th July ☹️

3 hours ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Tame Impala just announced to be headlining Governor's Ball... 

Also looking at the rest of that lineup, some interesting acts and some that are playing Mad Cool, any others from that poster you'd want to be announced ? 

IMG_20200116_183632.jpg

Would love to see Fontaines D.C! Missed out on tickets for their last tour. 

33 minutes ago, Dales said:

MCR now showing a car in a desert on its twitter. Have they met Josh Homme?

More symbols etc. I am sure some one will work out what it is. Not sure what it means in regard to Mad Cool.

US Tour in Autumn 2020 :) I read it somewhere on reddit some weeks ago!

Edited by sariris

I have to  be honest, I dont recognise that much from the Governers Ball poster. I like Vampire Weekend but they played last year.

Tame Impala look like they are touring in US. We have Foals

From those I know, I would like Of Monsters and Men & Fontaines D.C

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Thinking more left field for the missing headliner/s, any chance of The Weeknd? No idea if hes the sort of thing theyd book tbh

would love for The Weeknd to play, Starboy is one of my favourite albums and his two new singles slap hopefully he at least announces some tour dates over this side of the pond

33 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

if im not wrong, eminem had a canceld tour in europe last year.

he just released a new album.

i wanna see him so bad.

pls dear god.

11 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Thinking more left field for the missing headliner/s, any chance of The Weeknd? No idea if hes the sort of thing theyd book tbh

Mad Cool's history would suggest they tend to favour Rock/Alternative acts as main headliners and both these would certainly be headliners if signed. Obviously, they have departed from this a little this year but not exactly thrown the idea away with Killers, KOL, Faith.

I have been surprised that there has not been more talk around the likes of Weeknd, Travis, Kendrick etc or other big Rap/R&B/Urban acts but they are not the names that instantly spring to my mind when I think of Mad Cool headliners. So playing the odds game the big rock acts being discussed seem to fit the Mad Cool profile.

My thoughts are we will get another rock and indie/alternative act as Friday headliners. Although, I am rubbish at predictions and with modern festival bookings anything is possible. Out of the two Eminem might fit better. I am curious as to who we will get but not overly going to be put out if its not my cup of tea.

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

Mad Cool's history would suggest they tend to favour Rock/Alternative acts as main headliners and both these would certainly be headliners if signed. Obviously, they have departed from this a little this year but not exactly thrown the idea away with Killers, KOL, Faith.

I have been surprised that there has not been more talk around the likes of Weeknd, Travis, Kendrick etc or other big Rap/R&B/Urban acts but they are not the names that instantly spring to my mind when I think of Mad Cool headliners. So playing the odds game the big rock acts being discussed seem to fit the Mad Cool profile.

My thoughts are we will get another rock and indie/alternative act as Friday headliners. Although, I am rubbish at predictions and with modern festival bookings anything is possible. Out of the two Eminem might fit better. I am curious as to who we will get but not overly going to be put out if its not my cup of tea.

From people I speak to, I hear more disappointing performances in relation to Eminem live than i hear positive.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

From people I speak to, I hear more disappointing performances in relation to Eminem live than i hear positive.

I think that Eminem, with the due differences, is like Bob Dylan is: you don't go to his show for the live performance, nor the atmosphere, it is just something that you owe to the "you of the past"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

tbh, I hope he does not play. He is not my sort of thing but I don't expect a promoter to curate the festival to my particular tastes.

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

Kendrick is an exclusive in Bilbao I believe. It would appear they were trying to get The Strokes and MCR for the Friday if rumours are to be believed which doesn't hold out much hope for a different kind of headliner.

The question is if the strokes have pulled out who they can muster up as a replacement. They aren't cheap to book and money clearly isn't an issue for MC so could be anyone. 

I don't think it's out the question that they do get The Strokes eventually, after all I suppose money talks. The longer until an announcement the less likely it gets I guess. They could be waiting for MCR to announce some Euro dates before releasing the last 2 headliners though.

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think that Eminem, with the due differences, is like Bob Dylan is: you don't go to his show for the live performance, nor the atmosphere, it is just something that you owe to the "you of the past"

You're probably right, I did this with 50 cent, was a huge fan in 2005/6 and I went to see him in 2015. Like you say, i definitely owed my former self this show haha.