Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

Is there any reason why Foo Fighters are not considered? 

For what it's worth I have a friend who is VERY well connected and they told me that MCR are only doing around 6 european shows, the majority of which are their own. This was before the reunion announcement. 

I saw her on Saturday and she kinda turned her nose up at the idea that MCR were doing Mad Cool. I hope she's wrong but I cannot say enough what an excellent source she is. 

I guess this may change if MC missed out On The Strokes and throw enough money at it? 

Soooo... are there any realistic hopes for Foos, Metallica, Tool, Green Day or any reason they've been ruled out? 

Couldn't you of just asked her who was headlining ha ha? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

For what it's worth I have a friend who is VERY well connected and they told me that MCR are only doing around 6 european shows, the majority of which are their own. This was before the reunion announcement. 

I saw her on Saturday and she kinda turned her nose up at the idea that MCR were doing Mad Cool. I hope she's wrong but I cannot say enough what an excellent source she is. 

I guess this may change if MC missed out On The Strokes and throw enough money at it? 

Soooo... are there any realistic hopes for Foos, Metallica, Tool, Green Day or any reason they've been ruled out? 

I know someone who is well connected and told me that MCR is 100% headlining Mad Cool, so... WHAT'S THE TRUTH.

6 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

I think at the moment anyone is a possibility. It's not like acts get ruled out from Mad Cool because they are too big. Both the other 2 names being bandied about MCR & RHCP seem to have serious question marks about amount of shows they are likely to play and availability. Therefore, yes all the names you have mentioned must come in to play along with every other big headline act out and about at this time. 

I have still not given up completely on The Strokes as obviously they must have been in negotiation at some point but starting to look highly unlikely.

I think at this point you could throw out any name and it would be a reasonable shout.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think at the moment anyone is a possibility. It's not like acts get ruled out from Mad Cool because they are too big. Both the other 2 names being bandied about MCR & RHCP seem to have serious question marks about amount of shows they are likely to play and availability. Therefore, yes all the names you have mentioned must come in to play along with every other big headline act out and about at this time. 

I have still not given up completely on The Strokes as obviously they must have been in negotiation at some point but starting to look highly unlikely.

I think at this point you could throw out any name and it would be a reasonable shout.

Quite exciting really at the amount of possibilities, I imagine this could be something huge as they seem to be keeping it very quiet and will more than likely be the final announcement.

28 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

15 minutes ago, sariris said:

I know someone who is well connected and told me that MCR is 100% headlining Mad Cool, so... WHAT'S THE TRUTH.

One will win & one will lose :laugh:

4 minutes ago, pryce said:

I have a horrible feeling it will be Post Malone 

I don't think they will bring Post Malone back after 2 years. They didn't even gave him a main stage slot that year. He had a very small crowd in third stage even though he was quite famous in July 2018

143A03A4-F452-418F-BA95-38F9F6F63196.jpeg

Edited by birchtree29

What are the acts on the short list for headlining? I mean, it's not going to be Led Zeppelin but who could it be that's active (or about to be)?

Looking in the U.S, is Lizzo a big enough name to headline MC? What about Tool? Or is Stevie Nicks even suitable (maybe from a 'new normal' p.o.v?)

Edited by So Sad Simon

11 hours ago, johnybegood said:

The Strokes booking agent was not very happy by the way to proceed of Mad Cool (as many more agents in the industry) and he kicked their ass and signed for a more serious and profesional festival as Primavera. Same happened with Kendrick agent, Supergrass, Suede (last year)... etc etc

I don't understand why the boking agent would be angry at Mad Cool because Haim leaked a poster mentioning The Strokes.  I suppose you could argue that putting their name on a poster (and distributing that poster) before 100% confirmed is reckless, but it must happen all the time.  I was really hoping for The Strokes for this.

If MCR are only going to play a few shows, then it would be a huge coup for any festival that could get them and would generate a lot of publicity. I would have imagine a lot of festivals would have been after their signature.

I know Primavera have made a thing out of the reunion acts they have got. They have got some really interesting acts and I'm most jealous of Bauhaus. However, surely the reunion acts that really matter are MCR & RATM. I think these are the two that a festival promoter would really want to be able to announce.

I think we are going to have plenty of fun right up until they drop the last headliners. Whoever we get its only a bonus anyway as I had made my mind up early on and when the Killers walk out on stage and dive in to that first tune, I will not be worrying about who is playing the next day. At the moment Mad Cool still has the biggest set of headliners and I doubt they will short change us on the last additions.

On the unlikely headliners, I will guess Paul McCartney & Diana Ross hot from their shows at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

What are the acts on the short list for headlining? I mean, it's not going to be Led Zeppelin but who could it be that's active (or about to be)?

Looking in the U.S, is Lizzo a big enough name to headline MC? What about Tool? Or is Stevie Nicks even suitable (maybe from a 'new normal' p.o.v?)

Been following this thread since the beginning, and the names I've seen repeated are:

Foo Fighters, RHCP, MCR, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, RATM, The Lumineers (probs not headlining), Green Day (?? very unlikely), and Stereophonics

Might have missed some, but yeah

1 minute ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Been following this thread since the beginning, and the names I've seen repeated are:

Foo Fighters, RHCP, MCR, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, RATM, The Lumineers (probs not headlining), Green Day (?? very unlikely), and Stereophonics

Might have missed some, but yeah

Just gonna play devils advocate, we're also all in the dark here so i'll throw Biffy Clyro in there

I would be very pissed off if it is a thing where Mad Cool could have bagged The Strokes but then shot themselves in the foot. They have their new album out this year and claimed to be "unfrozen" indicating that they will be touring a lot more than the previous decade. If that is the case, I can see them doing an actual proper run of festivals in Europe June/July. I have a feeling this is the year they finally do Glastonbury amongst a string of other fests that hopefully includes MC...but its only the hunch of a mad man 🙂

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

I would be very pissed off if it is a thing where Mad Cool could have bagged The Strokes but then shot themselves in the foot. They have their new album out this year and claimed to be "unfrozen" indicating that they will be touring a lot more than the previous decade. If that is the case, I can see them doing an actual proper run of festivals in Europe June/July. I have a feeling this is the year they finally do Glastonbury amongst a string of other fests that hopefully includes MC...but its only the hunch of a mad man 🙂

Seems a difficult one this year, so many big names touring. Bet it wasn't easy for MC.

I don't see MCR as one of Friday's headliners. I think they will do solo shows and maybe some minor festivals they can actually give them the headline spot.

There must be a big headliner without any dates announced and then something smaller like Post Malone or Liam Gallagher or something like that. That's my bet.

lol MCR would 100% be headlining this. Every time I check any tweet made by Mad Cool there's a bunch of people asking for them as headliners. Well, almost everyone actually. (me included)

Lots of my friends are actually waiting for them to be announced so they can get the tickets for Friday.

They totally deserve that headlining spot. And I really hope they'll be there.

As for Liam Gallagher, I don't think so. I think he would've been announced by now...

Strokes was probably the headliner that Primavera was expecting green light from. Pavement leaked the poster a day prior to the Strokes announcing the tour, at least that's my interpretation of it.

So I expect the tour being announced today with or without Mad Cool in it.