Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Sorry for not reading back in the thread but asking for a friend (legit), are The Strokes the last headliner TBA here then, sharing with Primavera like AM? Didn't Haim or someone like that leak The Strokes to be playing?

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Sorry for not reading back in the thread but asking for a friend (legit), are The Strokes the last headliner TBA here then, sharing with Primavera like AM? Didn't Haim or someone like that leak The Strokes to be playing?

In short, we still don't really know for sure. Possible that they play both like AM. Seems pretty clear they either were booked or were very close to being, but Mad Cool shouldn't have sent out anything with them on it. Maybe they got pissed off and pulled out as some here have suggested, maybe they'll be announced soon. But after this, the former looks more likely. If they're announcing shortly though, like the PS announcement probably suggests, then we'll know for sure very soon.

I honestly don,t mind if the strokes are there or not. 

to me their debut album was the best of the last 20 years and all others were very very good but............

I've seen them live three times, once indoors in the "this is it" days then twice headlining festivals and at both festivals they were flat and boring. granted these festivals were some time ago (room on fire days)  but unless their live show has changed drastically (which i doubt it has) - I personally don't think we are really missing much if they don't play!

• Like 2

Is there any reason why Foo Fighters are not considered? 

For what it's worth I have a friend who is VERY well connected and they told me that MCR are only doing around 6 european shows, the majority of which are their own. This was before the reunion announcement. 

I saw her on Saturday and she kinda turned her nose up at the idea that MCR were doing Mad Cool. I hope she's wrong but I cannot say enough what an excellent source she is. 

I guess this may change if MC missed out On The Strokes and throw enough money at it? 

Soooo... are there any realistic hopes for Foos, Metallica, Tool, Green Day or any reason they've been ruled out? 

36 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Unless I've missed her on the lineup FKA Twigs isn't at primavera and not an exclusive at BBK so would love her to show up at Mad Cool

FKA twigs would be sick 

Brockhampton are at Primavera and did BBK last year, potential for them to play Mad Cool? 

I also remember dvsn stepping to the 2018 lineup late, so I'd love for a group like Majid Jordan or Emotional Oranges to play too