Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

32 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Me and a friend have a running joke where Hot Chip seem to follow us to whichever festival we go to and yet we never manage to catch them so wouldn't be surprised if they do turn up. 😅

Lets hope so but with such a strong lineup you could end up missing them again.

Friday has 5 undercards unlike the other days which have 4.. Which gives me hope for at least 3 more big-ish names as well as the 2 headliners missing. 

Same with the number of acts for The Loop on Friday compared to other days - shaping up to be a very stacked festival for sure! Definitely one of the most stacked I've seen / been to that's not in England

6 hours ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Friday has 5 undercards unlike the other days which have 4.. Which gives me hope for at least 3 more big-ish names as well as the 2 headliners missing. 

Same with the number of acts for The Loop on Friday compared to other days - shaping up to be a very stacked festival for sure! Definitely one of the most stacked I've seen / been to that's not in England

I guess Friday's undercards are smaller than other days and thats why there's one more.

Primavera Sound announcing very soon... Guess we'll discard something taken for granted...

34 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

Strokes are at Primavera by the look of it. Does that make them any more or less likely? Both festivals shared Arctic Monkeys in ‘18 so I guess it’s not impossible 

Probs less likely unfortunately but as you say about AM it isn't unheard of. Would expect an announcement soon if it is them. You'd think MC could offer more money but who knows, maybe they did pull out after all.

So the rumors were true after all... bye bye The Strokes.

That would explain why they haven't announced the headliners for friday yet 😕 I honestly don't know what band could have replaced them (I don't even know if they already have a replacement or they're still looking for it)

I think I'm sad.

In 2018 arctic monkeys were announced on the evening for primarva then the next morning for mad cool. So if it is the strokes at mad cool i would expect it quick, the longer it goes the less like it would seem.

Edited by Nickdp
Missid bit out

The Strokes booking agent was not very happy by the way to proceed of Mad Cool (as many more agents in the industry) and he kicked their ass and signed for a more serious and profesional festival as Primavera. Same happened with Kendrick agent, Supergrass, Suede (last year)... etc etc

Edited by johnybegood

Some agents like Mad Cool, some others like Primavera 😕 it's sad but idk, I couldn't picture The Strokes playing Mad Cool at all, I think they're more “PS material”.

As for them headlining both festivals... nah, I can't see that happening. Mad Cool had them, they lost them bc of whatever reason, and Primavera got them. That's all.

I'm sure we'll get good headliners for friday tho, we just have to be (more) patient (which I clearly am not, but.)

11 minutes ago, sariris said:

Some agents like Mad Cool, some others like Primavera 😕 it's sad but idk, I couldn't picture The Strokes playing Mad Cool at all, I think they're more “PS material”.

As for them headlining both festivals... nah, I can't see that happening. Mad Cool had them, they lost them bc of whatever reason, and Primavera got them. That's all.

I'm sure we'll get good headliners for friday tho, we just have to be (more) patient (which I clearly am not, but.)

It was about money, don't think about it too much.

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

It wasnt about money. Mad Cool is the richest Spanish festival.

I don't have any info about that but doesn't mean much.

Strokes are the "big" name (in terms of money spent) in Primaveras line up. Mad Cool has many more expensive headliners (and yet to come), they cannot buy absolutely everything.

Anyway Primavera has a huge line up, I don't know how much money they manage, but taking a look at it, cannot be a significant difference.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, johnybegood said:

The Strokes booking agent was not very happy by the way to proceed of Mad Cool (as many more agents in the industry) and he kicked their ass and signed for a more serious and profesional festival as Primavera. Same happened with Kendrick agent, Supergrass, Suede (last year)... etc etc

I figure that leaked draft could've been a part of it.

I've heard stories of MC almost losing out on Arctic Monkeys after explicitely hinting towards them despite an ongoing embargo. It would explain why they only announced AM a few days after the full tour poster dropped.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Well this sucks! Really hope they play Mad Cool as well but that seems doubtful. However I won't moan about RHCP or Arcade Fire with my Chemical Romance

My best case scenario would be a triplette MCR - RHCP - Tame Impala, as they did in '18 with QOTSA - Depeche Mode - NIN, but I can settle for only 2 out of 3 names