Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

My Chemical Romance is only accepting festivals if it's for a headliner spot (that's why they're not playing coachella)

So... headliners or they won't be playing Mad Cool at all 😕

Well considering the two spots that're left on day 3, it could all add up.

That would be a HUGE booking for Mad Cool and would see so many people travel to Madrid no doubt.

People form around the globe already booking in for June 20th after their cryptic UK post.

4 minutes ago, lukecork said:

People form around the globe already booking in for June 20th after their cryptic UK post.

Wow... they should've waited, some people said that it could be June 10th... (even though I think it's going to be June 20th and they're announcing it today since it's January 10TH)

So... Arcade Fire, RHCP (maybe)... what else?

1 hour ago, sariris said:

There is a rumor going around that The Strokes is playing Primavera Sound instead of Mad Cool 😕 maybe it is true and that's why they didn't announce them w/ the killers and kings of leon...

what band/artist could replace them???

This 'rumour' is based on nothing and came from this thread/ the Primavera one.

The evidence suggests that they're just waiting to announce them as they've announced nothing for summer yet.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

This 'rumour' is based on nothing and came from this thread/ the Primavera one.

The evidence suggests that they're just waiting to announce them as they've announced nothing for summer yet.

Yep. Based on this, both The Strokes and MCR have good motives to want their announcements to be delayed. They’ll be the headliners.

19 minutes ago, sariris said:

Wow... they should've waited, some people said that it could be June 10th... (even though I think it's going to be June 20th and they're announcing it today since it's January 10TH)

So... Arcade Fire, RHCP (maybe)... what else?

Most hotels now you book in advance though, doesn't necessarily means they've paid haha.

We'll see what happens.

So many great names been added. I can see some clashes happening. So pleased with Placebo and my other half loves Sam Fender. If he stays fit that will be the 4th time we will see him this year. I get the feeling who ever he clashes with we will be going to see Sam.

For me ignoring the obvious lack of the head line acts, the support acts on Thursday looks fairly light compared to the other days. I like Nothing but Thieves and will most likely check out Frank Carter, Haim & Alt-J but not that bothered if I miss them 3. However, the other days are crazy good.

Why are people now insisting that The Strokes aren't happening now?

They were on the leaked poster and clearly they wanted to announce them pre xmas but Strokes weren't ready. It's highly likely they'll be about next summer as they've just announced a new album. Plus the insider on here says he thinks it'll happen and it's just the Strokes playing hardball and holding things up- last year they played APE in May and it wasn't announced until Feb (I think).

9 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

That Thursday is going to be a clash nightmare. I wanted to see pretty much everyone from Cala Vento to Billie. 

The Strokes would be amazing but I don't see it happening anymore. Gonna be MCR which is awesome for lots of people but sadly not for me.

I’ve assigned myself to the fact that I’m not gonna get the chance to see Sigrid or Charli XCX

1 minute ago, Luke Routledge said:

think its time to book book somewhere a hotel/airbnb. Any idea where abouts is the best place to stay?

Somewhere around plaza de castilla/chamartin! easy to go and easy to come back :)  I booked a hotel in chamartin/castilla, it's near the station where you have to take the train to go to mad cool and it's a 10 minutes walk from plaza de castilla, the place where shutter buses take you at night. For me it's the best option!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

Somewhere around plaza de castilla/chamartin! easy to go and easy to come back :)  I booked a hotel in chamartin/castilla, it's near the station where you have to take the train to go to mad cool and it's a 10 minutes walk from plaza de castilla, the place where shutter buses take you at night. For me it's the best option!

Awesome thanks for the heads up!!

Anyone thought of Green Day, i know they are on their own Hella Mega tour but their last European date is in Dublin 29th June. After that they are back in America for a date on the 17th July to continue Hella Mega. So it does give them a small window to add a few more dates before heading state side. They have a Rock am ring date in the tour, so not 100% not doing festival dates.

To be honest I dont think its that likely and its just as tenuous as most predictions I havwe seen for festival headliners. However, its a perfect reason not to annouce them while they have their own tour to sell. They could drag Weezer with them. 

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

Anyone thought of Green Day, i know they are on their own Hella Mega tour but their last European date is in Dublin 29th June. After that they are back in America for a date on the 17th July to continue Hella Mega. So it does give them a small window to add a few more dates before heading state side. They have a Rock am ring date in the tour, so not 100% not doing festival dates.

To be honest I dont think its that likely and its just as tenuous as most predictions I havwe seen for festival headliners. However, its a perfect reason not to annouce them while they have their own tour to sell. They could drag Weezer with them. 

Its an odd one because Green Day played a few shows in Spain last year, including a Madrid gig where they did Dookie in full so I was surprised they had no dates in Spain lined up. But equally, I wonder if GD would refuse to play MC after the incidents around their set there in 2017.

Edited by charlierc

Just now, charlierc said:

Its an odd one because Green Day played a few shows in Spain last year, including a Madrid gig where they did Dookie in full so I was surprised they had no dates in Iberia lined up. But equally, I wonder if GD would refuse to play MC after the 2017 incidents around their set there.

What were the incidents? Ionly starting paying attention to Mad Cool the last 2 years as the lineups have been so good. So, I dont have much knowledge of previous events.

I know its a long shot of them playing but I am just trying to think of headliners who might have a reason to not want to be announced to soon.  I'm seeing them in London anyway this year so not to pushed either way if they play but would certainly not  be dissapointed if they did get announced.

18 minutes ago, charlierc said:

But equally, I wonder if GD would refuse to play MC after the incidents around their set there in 2017.

Just googled. I shoudl have remembered, very tragic. I can know  see why it may not be on their list of events to play.

I know that Green Day wanted to come to Spain w/ the Hella Mega Tour but negotiations didn't go further :( I wouldn't count on them headlining mad cool, not only bc of the incident (the organization changed last year tho, but they decided to keep the name) but because the festival they're in also includes Fall Out Boy and Weezer, so... if GD and FOB were headlining on friday, Weezer would be out (can't see them for a tiny spot tbh). They have a contract for this tour, so they can't split. I'm sad because Fall Out Boy is my fave band ever, and I was in one of those GD's concerts in Spain (the MTV one, it was HUUUUUUUGE) and I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but I just can't see it happening.

The incident: In 2017, a worker who was doing a show inside a box that was hangin in the air fell out and passed away right before GD's concert, and the organization didn't say anything to them nor the people attending. GD got so mad... Billie said that they wouldn't have done the concert if they'd known what had happened.

Edited by sariris