Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

And nobody repored him to be on the lineup 

Exactly. Consequence of sound yesterday (or day before) reported all the headliners and subs. Instead of MCR Calvin Harris is in their place.

I said this in RW thread but maybe something changed after MCR’s reunion show because pretty much every music news source was reporting MCR being at coachella. Seems that something changed very recently.

• Upvote 1

hmmm the strokes aren't going to coachella either and they are still rumored for mad cool, why wouldn't mcr??? maybe they decided not to play coachella this year or they never meant to do so at all. Download fests in Australia/NZ/Japan are in March i think ??? maybe they want to make a lil stop before the european tour and coachella is right in the middle idk

+ i've seen that the strokes are also rumored for primavera sound :( let the best festival win i guess???

any other bet on who or what band could headline/co-headline on friday???

20 minutes ago, sariris said:

hmmm the strokes aren't going to coachella either and they are still rumored for mad cool, why wouldn't mcr??? maybe they decided not to play coachella this year or they never meant to do so at all. Download fests in Australia/NZ/Japan are in March i think ??? maybe they want to make a lil stop before the european tour and coachella is right in the middle idk

+ i've seen that the strokes are also rumored for primavera sound :( let the best festival win i guess???

any other bet on who or what band could headline/co-headline on friday???

The thing with The Strokes though (that you likely haven't seen) is that we have some info that suggests they're likely. @Ken19 - do you have any update on that at all please? I'm sure many of us would hugely appreciate it.

16 minutes ago, Andrej said:

The Strokes will play this. Not so sure about MCR anymore.

MCR tweeted this like an hour ago 

Some people say that they're playing Reading & Leeds which is in late august..... mad cool is in early july so idk... i'll be so sad if mcr doesn't play this festival... it's one of my fave bands and the only one that I haven't seen live yet.

If MCR do confirm Reading which is looking good then it will let us know they are up for festival dates in Europe.

So are we starting to get the feeling that the Strokes and MCR are going to be the two?

I think I would be happy with either one playing and if both did all the better.

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Consequence of sound literally confirmed them for Coachella the day before the lineup dropped. I wonder what has happened.

According the Consequence of Sound, MCR asked for a headliner slot but Coachella didn't want them as a headliner, so they backed out before the poster release and Coachella got Calvin Harris which is his 4th appearance since 2012.

Remember eventim still leaked them for Kunstrasen Bonn, which would place them here in July. I don’t doubt the guy from that mega thread, he’s getting a lot of stick over the coachella thing but it’s obvious something happened.

are we thinking next announcement around the 3rd week of jan like usual?

Edited by robmongascy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, sariris said:

MCR tweeted this like an hour ago 

Some people say that they're playing Reading & Leeds which is in late august..... mad cool is in early july so idk... i'll be so sad if mcr doesn't play this festival... it's one of my fave bands and the only one that I haven't seen live yet.

This is about a UK headline show in June

2 hours ago, pureclm17 said:

This is about a UK headline show in June

Yup!! In Milton Keynes!! I couldn't edit my post on time lol I think it's almost official (or at least everybody assumes that it's about MK Bowl, and maybe a couple of dates more in UK)

I don't expect an announcement tomorrow (today ???), but maybe on monday??? it's three king's day in spain and we open presents sooooo...... gimme one more present mad cool. GIMME ME A HEADLINER.

Edited by sariris