Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

On 12/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, theesundayroast said:

After a lack of glasto tickets (again) this year, finally making the trip abroad for a festival!

Hotels and tickets booked, very excited with this lineup!

Hey TSR, where have you booked your hotel? I want to make sure I get the location right, one that's easy to get back to early in the morning by shuttle bus or Metro.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, PintoMcGuinness said:

Hey TSR, where have you booked your hotel? I want to make sure I get the location right, one that's easy to get back to early in the morning by shuttle bus or Metro.

I was looking at booking a hotel near Plaza Castilla as someone on here mentioned previously. Seems very expensive at the moment though!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Heartofzinc said:

I was looking at booking a hotel near Plaza Castilla as someone on here mentioned previously. Seems very expensive at the moment though!

Same here. We have something booked, but I'm still looking for something cheaper. We might as well choose something in a 5-10€ Uber circle around plaza de castilla in the end.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, clasher said:

Same here. We have something booked, but I'm still looking for something cheaper. We might as well choose something in a 5-10€ Uber circle around plaza de castilla in the end.

Thanks both, that's where I'm looking, seems best to get the bus back to here. I'll just get something booked that I can cancel if need be.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, PintoMcGuinness said:

I personally booked a hostel through festicket. Was a very reasonable price in the end.

I was recommended in the R&L thread to get a group and arrange for a minibus to get to/ from the festival which seems like a good shout really.

• Upvote 1

I know we are still waiting for the last headliners and the line up is far from finished but does anyone have a ruff idea when they usually release the full stage times. I'm sure it will not be until very close to the event but was interested if it was something that historically got posted a week before, month before etc.

Do they usually schedule the 2 main headliners each day not to clash?

With such a strong current lineup, I can imagine there may be one or two clashes when they announce the final details ☹️

47 minutes ago, Dales said:

I know we are still waiting for the last headliners and the line up is far from finished but does anyone have a ruff idea when they usually release the full stage times. I'm sure it will not be until very close to the event but was interested if it was something that historically got posted a week before, month before etc.

With such a strong current lineup, I can imagine there may be one or two clashes when they announce the final details ☹️

Usually a lot closer, march onward if im correct, but the 2 main headliners (as in co headliners) 100% wont clash. theyll be on separate stages (the two main ones next to each other) and one will start as one finishes so youll just move from one side of the arena to the other, might be a little gap to get a pint if youre lucky!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Usually a lot closer, march onward if im correct, but the 2 main headliners (as in co headliners) 100% wont clash. theyll be on separate stages (the two main ones next to each other) and one will start as one finishes so youll just move from one side of the arena to the other, might be a little gap to get a pint if youre lucky!

Many thanks, thats good to know about the headliners not clashing :)

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Stage times mid June if the last 2 years are anything to go by, around a month before. Have a look at https://clashfinder.com/m/mcf19/?user=0m7neu.ke vs the posters for 2019 and 2020 so far and you'll get a good idea of who's likely to be on the main 2 stages and therefore not clash.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Stage times mid June if the last 2 years are anything to go by, around a month before. Have a look at https://clashfinder.com/m/mcf19/?user=0m7neu.ke vs the posters for 2019 and 2020 so far and you'll get a good idea of who's likely to be on the main 2 stages and therefore not clash.

Many thanks, thats very useful.

2 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

They don't clash, but you won't get first row at both, as they play 5-10 mins one from the other - so first rows in the first show means in the crowd during the second set. 

I remember i gave up Depeche Mode after QOTSA in '18 because I was too tired for the show and I wanted a first row at NIN (and eventually ended up jumped back after two seconds in the set because of the moshpit ahah)

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

So apparently no My Chemical Romance at Coachella but I guess this won't have an impact on european festivals

I noticed the same thing. Not sure why the hold off on McR then. They are a good band and I’d definitely watch them but they headlined reading when I was there and weren’t anything amazing. 

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

So apparently no My Chemical Romance at Coachella but I guess this won't have an impact on european festivals

Consequence of sound literally confirmed them for Coachella the day before the lineup dropped. I wonder what has happened.

Mad cool is missing a headliner, maybe they pulled their intended tour. 

Goldenvoice promoted their reunion. Something has happened.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Consequence of sound literally confirmed them for Coachella the day before the lineup dropped. I wonder what has happened.

Mad cool is missing a headliner, maybe they pulled their intended tour. 

Goldenvoice promoted their reunion. Something has happened.

Where would they have sat on the Coachella lineup do you think?

3 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Just looked through Twitter and there's a band on the Saturday low down called Emo Nite. Can't find anything about them on Spotify could easily be a MCR secret set under a suggestive name

Emo Nite is an event in LA with DJs, I'm guessing they're just bringing it to Coachella