Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

21 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

Last buzz in Spanish Forums is Beck, who is announced in Beuningen 3-5 july. Only whispers of lust.

Rumoured also that RCHP is signed a long time ago, waiting for announce, people fom the organization leaves enigmatic messages around... I give full credit to this gossip.

All in all, is not possible together  Strokes, RCHP. Beck, MCR, Arcade Fire, Post Malone, Tame Impala, all rumoured projected headliners, but arguably, it,s a probable scenario  2 out of that 7, will be friday,s "cabezonis"

Let,s see

Can you share a link for that? I would like to read whats being said on the Spanish forums 

6 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Stealing directly from the Rock Wertcher thread (credit to Mr Tobs).

Festival is early July and leaked via Event IM. With MCR playing their first show tonight could be announcing their European tour.

Also Sting would be a rather odd welcomed surprise!

kunst-rasen-bonn-tickets-poster.jpg.b21c

What a random bunch of names. 

7 hours ago, Dales said:

Beck has been announced for Metronome Festival-Prague in June. So he will be doing at least 1 festival in Europe, so maybe Beck is a possibility?

Presumably as a late afternoon thing before the headliner or something.

Would be up for a UK date though as I've missed a few of his other ones.

36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Presumably as a late afternoon thing before the headliner or something.

Would be up for a UK date though as I've missed a few of his other ones.

I do hope he makes it some where on the lineup. Showing my age a bit but the last time I saw him was 1995 at Reading Festival.

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Saw the Strokes announced a festival last night... in Paraguay. Most likely not relevant but at least they are active and announcing festivals for 2020.

Well if they are active there is always a chance. I'm sure, I read somewhere that US bands tend to go to South America and then on to Eurupe on their tours (probably on a thread on here). Then again lots probably don't follow that pattern but ti does give some hope to them popping up somewhere in Europe.

The talk around MCR coming to Europe does seem more credible as them being one of the missing headliners.

Would The Strokes/MCR be to big of a pairing?

12 minutes ago, Dales said:

Well if they are active there is always a chance. I'm sure, I read somewhere that US bands tend to go to South America and then on to Eurupe on their tours (probably on a thread on here). Then again lots probably don't follow that pattern but ti does give some hope to them popping up somewhere in Europe.

The talk around MCR coming to Europe does seem more credible as them being one of the missing headliners.

Would The Strokes/MCR be to big of a pairing?

Just so happens there are a few people on here who have some inside scoop. Apologies I cant remember the user names (EDIT Matt42) but someone in the Reading forums had all the MCR stuff correct before the official announcement and that included Mad Cool Festival but not in a headline spot. 

Another User with a good track record (EDIT Ken19) seems to think the Strokes are nailed on but just delaying things.  

Personally I would love The Strokes/RHCP then MCR to appear in a non headline spot. However that might just be a little too greedy! 

Edited by Luke Routledge
  • Upvote 1

Yep, Strokes have a few South American festival dates in their schedule in March/April (Lollapalooza's, Estereo Picnic and this new confirmation in Paraguay). They are also confirmed for Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta (US) on May 3, what causes some doubt if they will come to Europe this summer...

I still hold out hope, as I have that leaked draft MC poster with The Strokes on it stuck in my head. HAIM shortly posted it on their socials after MC published their poster without the Friday headliners.

8 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Yep, Strokes have a few South American festival dates in their schedule in March/April (Lollapalooza's, Estereo Picnic and this new confirmation in Paraguay). They are also confirmed for Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta (US) on May 3, what causes some doubt if they will come to Europe this summer...

I still hold out hope, as I have that leaked draft MC poster with The Strokes on it stuck in my head. HAIM shortly posted it on their socials after MC published their poster without the Friday headliners.

Reminds me of when Merlyn Wood of BROCKHAMPTON accidentally posted a poster of R&L with Travis Scott on before he was officially confirmed, fingers crossed that this will be the same situation and they'll get announced soon.

I wonder if anything might be confirmed as a Christmas present - though same could apply for any festival one cares to name. Probably a long shot.

At first I was tempted to ponder if The Strokes might keep things on the downlow until after their big NYC NYE show, but if they're down for other stuff afterwards then maybe there's another consideration for any European shows. Equally, its very peculiar somebody was confident enough they were doing it to give Haim's social media people something to say they were doing it.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, Luke Routledge said:

Just so happens there are a few people on here who have some inside scoop. Apologies I cant remember the user names (EDIT Matt42) but someone in the Reading forums had all the MCR stuff correct before the official announcement and that included Mad Cool Festival but not in a headline spot. 

I’m not too sure about that anymore. Think there was possibly a miscommunication in that they meant they were not headlining Coachella.

I think they could be one of the coheadliners. 

On 12/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, Matt42 said:

I’m not too sure about that anymore. Think there was possibly a miscommunication in that they meant they were not headlining Coachella.

I think they could be one of the coheadliners. 

Awesome thanks for the update! Personally I would be happy with them having a co headline spot. Would be great to see a full length set for their return.

What are the chances of Kali Uchis showing up here? she's not got any european dates announced yet apart from Super Bock Super Rock in Portugal the week after Mad Cool.

Local Natives are also at SBSR alongside Foals, they're doing a co-headline tour of the US so imagine they'll be doing a few festivals together next year so can imagine we'll be getting Local Natives too

25 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

What are the chances of Kali Uchis showing up here? she's not got any european dates announced yet apart from Super Bock Super Rock in Portugal the week after Mad Cool.

Local Natives are also at SBSR alongside Foals, they're doing a co-headline tour of the US so imagine they'll be doing a few festivals together next year so can imagine we'll be getting Local Natives too

Really hoping for Local Natives too, seems likely as Foals and Cherry Glazerr are playing. Gutted I missed them on their UK tour in October!