Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

49 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Any reason they're still holding off on announcement for Friday now that 4 Day tickets are sold out surely they'll want to start getting day tickets sold too, is it most likely that the act is someone thats embargoed with no shows announced in Europe yet?

Rumour has it one of the Friday headliners is The Strokes who haven't announced anything for next Summer yet.

Also, its a bit close to Christmas I think to announce more

On 12/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, Dom Wall said:

I bought one in 2018. I got a pack with a mug and a tote bag. I think there's been a tweet kicking around from them advertising it.

Thank you. I went on my laptop and had Translate running so I understood more of what it was! They're still available, so I might buy one.

A question to anyone who went last year - where's the best place to stay which is still close to the city centre but is easy to get to and from the festival site?

6 hours ago, kyecrossley said:

potentially Red Hot Chili Peppers for the Friday maybe? just seen that they've announced Frusciante returning to the band and I think I recall seeing someone mentioning them as a potential headliner so might be worth a shout

I wouldn't count on them here (at least for 2020).

Their tour starts already in early June, so even Rock Werchter/Roskilde seems a bi unlikely.

I could see them playing Rock in Rio Lisbon in the middle of June, but that would have been announced by now?

6 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I wouldn't count on them here (at least for 2020).

Their tour starts already in early June, so even Rock Werchter/Roskilde seems a bi unlikely.

I could see them playing Rock in Rio Lisbon in the middle of June, but that would have been announced by now?

Think its a little early to rule them out. Enough bands are doing this and Pinkpop already. Sure there is loads they are still to announce! 

Edit - Had a quick look and in 2016 they started their tour June 4th at Rock AM and ended it at T in the Park 10th July. 

Edited by Luke Routledge

Arcade Fire and The Strokes would be perfect for me on Friday. Last year I saw Arcade Fire in Budapest and it was one of my best live experiences ever. Their performance was outstanding despite the venue wasn't even half full, can't wait to see them again. 

Post Malone and KL is a big 'oh God, please, nooo!' for me. I saw Malone this year, it was mainly playback until I left for another stage, since I can listen to any of his song on Spotify if I wanted to, but for like free.

Last year at Sziget, Kendrick Lamar arrived to the stage with 30-35 minutes late so he played around 50 minutes instead of 90. (One cannot play after 11pm on the Main Stage because of the high sound level) Management told the press that it was his choice to be late, just like Rihanna's in the 3 years ago. I'm not a fan but I'd feel like shit if the act I bought my not so cheap ticket for would decide to shit in my mouth instead of playing a decent amount of time. In my opinion it's just the lack of respect for your fans. 

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Think its a little early to rule them out. Enough bands are doing this and Pinkpop already. Sure there is loads they are still to announce! 

Edit - Had a quick look and in 2016 they started their tour June 4th at Rock AM and ended it at T in the Park 10th July. 

They also came back for Reading and Leeds in late August, and then again for a European arena tour in the autumn.

24 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I would love The Strokes + Arcade Fire. It is going to be RHCP + MCR though. 

As said before, Kendricks only show in Spain is BBK. 

MCR are not expected to be headliners.

I can honestly see MCR playing the first day sub-head and two out of Tame Impala/Arcade Fire/RHCP/The Strokes filling the friday

Last buzz in Spanish Forums is Beck, who is announced in Beuningen 3-5 july. Only whispers of lust.

Rumoured also that RCHP is signed a long time ago, waiting for announce, people fom the organization leaves enigmatic messages around... I give full credit to this gossip.

All in all, is not possible together  Strokes, RCHP. Beck, MCR, Arcade Fire, Post Malone, Tame Impala, all rumoured projected headliners, but arguably, it,s a probable scenario  2 out of that 7, will be friday,s "cabezonis"

Let,s see

1 hour ago, Big Kahuna said:

Last buzz in Spanish Forums is Beck, who is announced in Beuningen 3-5 july. Only whispers of lust.

Rumoured also that RCHP is signed a long time ago, waiting for announce, people fom the organization leaves enigmatic messages around... I give full credit to this gossip.

All in all, is not possible together  Strokes, RCHP. Beck, MCR, Arcade Fire, Post Malone, Tame Impala, all rumoured projected headliners, but arguably, it,s a probable scenario  2 out of that 7, will be friday,s "cabezonis"

Let,s see

MCR are not rumored as headliners and I also doubt that Beck can fill a spot bigger than an opener for a festival this big. 

Post Malone and Tame Impala should not be expected since they played in 18, but having said this i think that Tame Impala would be' received better and costs less - so, the general outcome would be more appreciable.

EDIT - My phone is racist lmao

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

Any reason they're still holding off on announcement for Friday now that 4 Day tickets are sold out surely they'll want to start getting day tickets sold too, is it most likely that the act is someone thats embargoed with no shows announced in Europe yet?

Because they can’t announce MCR.

I think the Strokes pulled out and MCR have been promoted to headline. Maybe they are drafting another co headliner in.

If they don't announce anything today or tomorrow, we'll have to wait until mid January to know more names.

It seems kinda weird as they usually release a bunch of bands before Christmas to maximize sales in that period. Which leads me to think that none of Friday's headliners has given permission to announce yet.

So I would say no Beck, no Post Malone, no RHCP.

All points to Strokes / Tame Impala, but I still have doubts about the latter. Too soon to repeat and the album hasn't come out yet so it's unknown if it will be even worth it.

1 hour ago, Hook said:

If they don't announce anything today or tomorrow, we'll have to wait until mid January to know more names.

It seems kinda weird as they usually release a bunch of bands before Christmas to maximize sales in that period. Which leads me to think that none of Friday's headliners has given permission to announce yet.

So I would say no Beck, no Post Malone, no RHCP.

All points to Strokes / Tame Impala, but I still have doubts about the latter. Too soon to repeat and the album hasn't come out yet so it's unknown if it will be even worth it.

It’s strongly believed that MCR are embargoed by Coachella. If they do indeed have a European tour tba it will probably have to wait until after Coachella drops it’s lineup.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s strongly believed that MCR are embargoed by Coachella. If they do indeed have a European tour tba it will probably have to wait until after Coachella drops it’s lineup.

They are already announced for Download in Japan and Australia, but I guess that those are two different circuits...