Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

37 minutes ago, Ronto said:

Can't seem to book tickets for mad cool. Won't let me select the number of tickets. Stays at zero. 

Does this mean they are sold out? Or I need to use a different browser?

The first wave of tickets have been sold out more tickets are likely going to be available with the next set of announcements probably in January 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I swear after the initial burst of excitement that MCR have not really been that active in confirming details about their upcoming reunion. Unless a lot of it waiting until after the premiere show of their reformation in LA later this month?

same thoughts here. I almost had forgotten this was even a thing. 

regarding mad cool, it would be an interesting addition to the lineup for sure and I can totally see it happening. can't speak for what I personally expect from the band's performance quality wise, never paid that much attention to them

12 hours ago, Ronto said:

Can't seem to book tickets for mad cool. Won't let me select the number of tickets. Stays at zero. 

Tickets are available still on festickets at 10 euros more than the first batch 

18 hours ago, Ronto said:

Tickets aren't sold out, you can get them on festicket and ticketmaster. I suggest ticketmaster, as they charge 5€ less in booking fees.

7 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Tame Impala seems to have a gap in his US tour from 12th June - 17th July, would it be likely he would come over to Europe during this time for festivals like MC, NOS, RW? and if so what's his stock like in Spain, would he be big enough to headline?

Already played MC 2018 and I guess they paid a lot to have them since they only did two european shows that summer. Did not co headline because of PJ wanting to be the sole headliner but they definitely own that status.

It would be underwhelming to have them again so soon but if they are repeating bands better be them than Post Malone.

13 minutes ago, Hook said:

Already played MC 2018 and I guess they paid a lot to have them since they only did two european shows that summer. Did not co headline because of PJ wanting to be the sole headliner but they definitely own that status.

It would be underwhelming to have them again so soon but if they are repeating bands better be them than Post Malone.

I imagine the new album will be out by the time of MC so the setlist has the chance to change significantly which might be worth having him back? i too would definitely prefer Tame over Post but having seen Post this year at Leeds he wouldn't be the worst booking in the world

45 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I imagine the new album will be out by the time of MC so the setlist has the chance to change significantly which might be worth having him back? i too would definitely prefer Tame over Post but having seen Post this year at Leeds he wouldn't be the worst booking in the world

New album comes out Valentine's day next year so they would definitely have a different setlist. If RW gets them I reckon they would play mad cool and a few more European fests 

Just to got off topic slightly from the guessing games.... spotted today that Peggy Gou, Octo Octa and Nina Kraviz are all in the top 10 DJs of the year according to Mixmag. All three will be at Mad Cool next year.  

https://mixmag.net/feature/the-top-10-djs-of-the-year-2019  

It's fair to say I'll be spending some time in the Loop :dance:

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I work for Ticketmaster (LN) and we got an email today about an announcement coming this week for a huge Guns’N’Roses show in the summer at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium...any chance they could be at Mad Cool being a Live Nation band? Or are we thinking they’re far too expensive? 

Would that be the first concert in this stadium?

59 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I work for Ticketmaster (LN) and we got an email today about an announcement coming this week for a huge Guns’N’Roses show in the summer at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium...any chance they could be at Mad Cool being a Live Nation band? Or are we thinking they’re far too expensive? 

Don't think they fit in.

They are still really expensive, tough terms (in 2018 they asked for a 3 hour set and no clashes) and already toured Europe in 2017 and 2018 so no big enticement.

11 hours ago, Hook said:

Don't think they fit in.

They are still really expensive, tough terms (in 2018 they asked for a 3 hour set and no clashes) and already toured Europe in 2017 and 2018 so no big enticement.

You’re probably correct but nice to dream. I’d be pretty pleased if they get announced. Can’t see it mind you

12 hours ago, moonraker76 said:

Just to got off topic slightly from the guessing games.... spotted today that Peggy Gou, Octo Octa and Nina Kraviz are all in the top 10 DJs of the year according to Mixmag. All three will be at Mad Cool next year.  

https://mixmag.net/feature/the-top-10-djs-of-the-year-2019  

It's fair to say I'll be spending some time in the Loop :dance:

Peggy Gou and Nina Kraviz are must anyway, and they will probably close the stage, so not much of a hassle with the clashing!

8 hours ago, bxth24 said:

where is mad cool in relate to the city centre, I'm travelling and do want to have to walk far from the location. 

Its in the Valdebebas area near Barajas Airport and (strangely enough) right next to the Real Madrid training ground, or at least it was in 2018. There are direct trains to pretty much right by the place, but they end about 11 so the journey back is a bit more difficult.

23 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Would that be the first concert in this stadium?

They were planning to have gigs at the new Spurs stadium, but as it only opened last year, its not been up long enough to have them on.

Edited by charlierc