Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

19 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Did anyone see this Haim insta story themselves? Just wondering about the likelihood of it being a hoax.

Good point, I checked it almost instantly and there was no sign of the Strokes anywhere, so I think it's an hoax ... But everyone here thinks it's true, I don't know ...

21 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Good point, I checked it almost instantly and there was no sign of the Strokes anywhere, so I think it's an hoax ... But everyone here thinks it's true, I don't know ...

It looks so real though and it makes a lot of sense for them to play.

However, if they put them on a draft poster then it does beg the question why they weren't announced before tickets went on sale. Hopefully they've not pulled out.

We booked tickets yesterday, can't wait the festival.

I've just realized last week that one of my friends' wedding will be on 11th July, so we stuck with the 3-day tickets. Still need to book the plane tickets, but I hope they will go down a bit.

Edited by CCester

Starting to think The Strokes were planned to be announced alongside The Killers and KoL as the clue fitted all three. If that poster with them on it is legit then they surely must have planned to announce them last week when the poster was released?

Hopefully just a case of a delay to announcing them, as they haven't started announcing summer dates yet for 2020.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Starting to think The Strokes were planned to be announced alongside The Killers and KoL as the clue fitted all three. If that poster with them on it is legit then they surely must have planned to announce them last week when the poster was released?

Hopefully just a case of a delay to announcing them, as they haven't started announcing summer dates yet for 2020.

That makes a lot of sense imo. Hopefully it doesn't mean they have pulled out. 

17 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Honestly, if I hadn't seen it, I would've thought it might not be a thing either. I just randomly chanced upon it when it first surfaced. Because as said, it is very strange they'd go through the effort of making a draft poster featuring The Strokes and sending it to people who manage Haim's social media.

Maybe its a delayed announcement, similar to Arctic Monkeys - think they were among the last things confirmed for the 2018 festival.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

815D57DA-8C86-4702-8C68-6F4CF195516A.jpeg

wtf diz 

Seeing as Kasabian were put in as post-Pearl Jam entertainment in 2018, and have released no new music since then, I'd be surprised if that was the suggestion (and yes I know somebody up above said its a fake).

In saying that, I'm fairly surprised that as Kasabian are coming back with new music and have their UK exclusive Leicester festival date that they haven't been mentioned for more festivals around the place.

6 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So whilst the lineup announcements take a break lets get to what's important... what are the beer prices/ which beer do they sell? and how about spirits? 

There was a photo on the 2019 thread  (page 84) - don't know if this was just one bar or all of them.  I haven't been before but went to NOS Alive this year and there was very little in the way of spirits.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So why are 'mini' versions of drinks more expensive? Google translate doesn't help 

I was wondering the same thing, but I think the mini means 1 liter in this case. But it's just a wild guess.

Kalimotxo's wikipedia refers mini as a one-liter drinking glass:

'A common way of serving kalimotxo is in one liter drinking glasses made of plastic, called minis, cachi, macetas, litros, cubalitros or jarras.'

• Like 1