Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Just now, mln said:

They are rumored to play RW, and Lollapalooza Paris and Stockholm as only festivals. Also, 10th July is likely to be their London show. 

Cheers for that.  Been a while since I saw the dates.  The guy who posted them on the 10 forum is normally bang on with his info as well and could explain why RW are holding off announcements

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Would be the Friday with no co/headliner yet.

Also just cause you've heard a rumour doesn't mean it's defo happening 

I heard this from someone who told me they were reuniting the morning they did and that they would be hitting Europe between June and July. 

This isn’t word of mouth.

4 hours ago, neacaisa said:

i might have missed the discussion about this, but why is not pearl jam considered a big possibility here, but just for werchter?

they help a lot to sold out 2 years ago and it would make sense to wait for their announcement. they are also out for pretty much any other festival in spain, as benicassim and bbk announced their headliners. 

That's mostly why there hasn't been much discussion. They could do it, but it seems MC isn't big on repeating headliners. Plus we now know there will be two headliners on Friday which makes them even less likely I believe.

• Angel Olsen
  • Charli XCX
  • Nina Kraviz
  • Rex Orange County
  • Peggy Gou
  • Tom Misch
  • Phoebe Bridgers
  • Alec Benjamin
  • Floating Points
  • Rüfüs De Sol
  • Leon Vynehall
  • Ashnikko
  • Hobo Johnson & The Lovemakers
  • Seasick Steve
  • Confidence Man
  • Sticky Fingers
  • Highly Suspect
  • The Regrettes
  • Baby Rose
  • Creeper
  • Beabadoobee
  • Viva Belgrado
  • Cherry Glazzerr
  • Easy Life
  • Bang Bang Romeo
  • Arlo Parks
  • Sea Girls
  • Monterrosa
  • Warmduscher
  • Brutus
  • Santa Salut

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Well it did say "DRAFT" all over it and I presume as they hadn't been announced yet that somebody's had a word with them to say "take this down".

But yeah it looks likelier than not they're going to be a part of this bill.

i agree.

theres no dot after their name which means only one headliner. we all know thats not the case anymore.

i guess they pulled out and two artists replace them.

The lack of the dot does raise suspicion...but then again it is just a bloody dot that could always been there for decoy purposes.....then again why put the dot there in the first place if you dont want to raise peoples hopes for two headliners.....then again Mad Cool loves a swerve...too many questions...

Just gimmi the God damn Strokes!

11 minutes ago, dude111 said:

i agree.

theres no dot after their name which means only one headliner. we all know thats not the case anymore.

i guess they pulled out and two artists replace them.

If its a thing where they were lined up but pulled out, you can be sure that Primavera made a much more appealing offer. As much as I love The Strokes, their services aren't easy to lock in unless the price is right for them.

A long time ago in a country far, far away a dot appeared on the poster. It was indeed a new hope of us getting two headliners. We waited and finally got Jack White, but wait, the dot was gone! We had a bad feeling about it. Oh the cruel revenge of our high expectations. A period of despair, meditation and intense questioning followed. Little did we know that Mad Cool has secretly begun assembling a new lineup, even stronger than the year before. We found out soon enough as the Arctic Monkeys were eventually announced in what we now commonly call The Return of the Dot. The balance was restored.

We are getting another headliner for Friday.

• Upvote 11