Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Presale starts tomorrow, I think this is it in terms of announcements for a time now. 

I'll hold off on tickets until more is announced and see if it's worth the expense.  A line up appealing more to me from BBK or Rock Wercher will get me going to one of those instead.

I am just trying to work out how long I can hold off in order to see what other festivals add. I read MC have reduced this year by 20k tickets too so that'll make a difference. I missed out on Glasto 2020 last month so now I feel every gig/festival I want to go to will sell out immediately. The Glasto sting scarred me for life ? 

Wednesday
taylor Swift ,Twenty One Pilots
Wolf Alice
Yungblud
Sport  Team, SFDK, Natos y Waor, Hinds

Thursday
Billie Eilish, The Killers
Cage the Elephant, Deftones,  Foals
Refused
Finneas, Pale Waves, Sigrid

Friday
xx/ xx
Alt-J, HAIM, Jamie Cullum,
Nothing but  thieves, Richard Hawley, Love To,
Tones and I, Tycho

Saturday
Kings of Leon xx
Khalid,  London Grammar, Major Lazer,  Pixies,
Paul Weller, Modeselktor, The Rapture, Diplo
Ton Grennan, Blood Red Shoes,

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I am just trying to work out how long I can hold off in order to see what other festivals add. I read MC have reduced this year by 20k tickets too so that'll make a difference. I missed out on Glasto 2020 last month so now I feel every gig/festival I want to go to will sell out immediately. The Glasto sting scarred me for life ? 

I’ve been losing out on Glasto for 5 years. Sickening feeling at the time but I’ve been to RW 3 times and NOS twice now. It’s awful watching G on tv but when you’ve a euro festival to look forward to after it, it makes you feel a bit better

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

I’ve been losing out on Glasto for 5 years. Sickening feeling at the time but I’ve been to RW 3 times and NOS twice now. It’s awful watching G on tv but when you’ve a euro festival to look forward to after it, it makes you feel a bit better

I did RW in 2018 for Glasto's gap year. I am in no rush to go back there. I just found the whole thing lacking festival spirit. Line up was amazing but felt no energy or interest from the crowd. Almost like enthusiasm was not welcome. So I think it's between MC and NOS for me......with the slim slim possibility I manage Glasto tickets in April resale instead ? 

I think to be safe I will decide on something this side of Christmas anyway to lock it in.

4 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I did RW in 2018 for Glasto's gap year. I am in no rush to go back there. I just found the whole thing lacking festival spirit. Line up was amazing but felt no energy or interest from the crowd. Almost like enthusiasm was not welcome. So I think it's between MC and NOS for me......with the slim slim possibility I manage Glasto tickets in April resale instead ? 

I think to be safe I will decide on something this side of Christmas anyway to lock it in.

Problem is, nothing on earth compares to Glastonbury. Best place to spend a weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Problem is, nothing on earth compares to Glastonbury. Best place to spend a weekend. 

Agreed. Try as they might, other festivals just can't compete with the Glastonbury experience.....but still super necessary to occupy the minds of the dejected unsuccessful ones. With that being said, I will remain positive that MC could be the one to satisfy my festivals needs next year.

Ive been to multiple glastos, readings and 2 mad cools. I would rate mad cool has a flasier cleaner reading with the focus on artists, it is amazing and thwy are this year trying to expand on more non music stuff. Glastonbury is something else and apart from a couple of bestivals i have never found anything like glastonbury. Personal opinions of course.

I am confident MC will have the best line up. I am just skeptical of it feeling a bit hollow in the way I felt RW was. Maybe thats just me. It would be unfair to compare anything to Glastonbury.....but I just like a festival where the fans are animated and excited to be there and I didnt get that at RW. I like a bit more than "heres the some stages with bands on them, fold your arms, watch them, now get out" 

20 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

What do you guys think the other 3 Headliners will be? Kendrick? The strokes? Maybe RHCP? Maybe Coldplay was creating a PR stunt with saying they won't tour? I literally have no idea.

In the likely event that there will be another two big names for the Friday....my heart wants The Strokes .... but my head is saying it'll be two from RHCP / RATM / Arcade Fire .... but pure guess work.

• Like 1