Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

People need to stop thinking that if they don't like a band they shouldn't be headliners... Can't stand KOL.. Well apart from first couple of albums, but of course they are headliners 

I needed one good big wow factor band to tip me over the edge of going but this might of killed it for me 

Just now, pryce said:

People need to stop thinking that if they don't like a band they shouldn't be headliners... Can't stand KOL.. Well apart from first couple of albums, but of course they are headliners 

I needed one good big wow factor band to tip me over the edge of going but this might of killed it for me 

Well said.

Their twitter account has gone quiet but they could be holding out for a bit longer

Just now, pryce said:

Thinks that's maybe why people don't really see them as headliners these days.  They' haven't done anything of note for years and rely on their stuff from over a decade ago.  I last saw them at RW 3 years ago and they were laboured

3 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

I’m not a fan of KoL so haven’t really got an idea of their relevance these days. If you think they are you could at least have informed me why they would be rather than calling people idiots. ?‍♂️

One of the biggest bands in the world regardless of whether you like them or not...so how exactly could they not be headliners? ?

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

I quite like Kings of Leon (don't shoot me!) but I think they are possibly the most disliked booking wherever and whenever they play - well, on social media at least.

YOU IDIOT! ?

Honestly, their booking would make sense (and be better received) if they had a new album on the way. Do we know anything about that?

15 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I know its only fan quotes as hints....but to tease American band(s) that defined rock music in the early 00s and over look The Strokes, whom paved the way for KOL and Killers, is mean :( 

I kinda get that. That's how Meet Me In The Bathroom seemed to read to me, in that Strokes/Interpol/YYYs helped break the sound through but TK/KoL rode those waves in order to make it big. I can imagine Strokes & Kings of Leon touring together in 2003, which was mentioned, would've been pretty cool to go watch. 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ouch. Sorry everyone. 

Don't say you didn't warn everyone ?

I like Kings of Leon and even enjoyed them when I saw them at MK Bowl in 2014. Birmingham in 2017 wasn't quite as fun, but that was mainly due to me not liking the crowd. But equally, I think they were better as a live act before Sex on Fire - Reading 07 & Glastonbury 08 looked great on YouTube recordings.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I kinda get that. That's how Meet Me In The Bathroom seemed to read to me, in that Strokes/Interpol/YYYs helped break the sound through but TK/KoL rode those waves in order to make it big. I can imagine Strokes & Kings of Leon touring together in 2003, which was mentioned, would've been pretty cool to go watch. 

Don't say you didn't warn everyone ?

I like Kings of Leon and even enjoyed them when I saw them at MK Bowl in 2014. Birmingham in 2017 wasn't quite as fun, but that was mainly due to me not liking the crowd. But equally, I think they were better as a live act before Sex on Fire - Reading 07 & Glastonbury 08 looked great on YouTube recordings.

Sex on Fire and its aftermath seems to have made them a LOT of money but destroyed all their credibility. Which is a shame because they have done some genuinely great songs. 

16 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sex on Fire and its aftermath seems to have made them a LOT of money but destroyed all their credibility. Which is a shame because they have done some genuinely great songs. 

One or indeed both of Sex on Fire or Use Somebody is still on heavy rotation on Heart FM as far as I can recall. But agreed. Their first 3 albums are still ones that hold up very well, but going for mainstream big-time success has changed things.

They do more of Come Around Sundown then I think they should be.

Edited by charlierc