Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

To me this describes The Strokes. They've often been described as having defined (indie) rock for the next decade. 

FF/RHCP have already been scoring hits in the '90s. And I wouldn't consider MCR/The Killers to be defining acts for rock music.

Don’t forget it’s a fan quote. I’m really hoping for The Strokes, but somehow I’m afraid they won’t do European festivals for two years in a row. 

i fear for The Killers. 

6 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

And I wouldn't consider MCR/The Killers to be defining acts for rock music.

When i was in year 7 (the 2000s) My Chemical Romance were 100% the defining rock band. I grew up listening to them and paramore, fall out boy etc and whatever your definition of rock is, MCR were leading the way on this emo movement. 

3 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

When i was in year 7 (the 2000s) My Chemical Romance were 100% the defining rock band. I grew up listening to them and paramore, fall out boy etc and whatever your definition of rock is, MCR were leading the way on this emo movement. 

Wait, what? Don't think I can name a single MCR song. Defining, c'mon.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, The Martini Police said:

Thinking is: 

• Gonna be about and likely with a new album
  • Never played Mad Cool
  • Great fit in terms of style
  • If they do play a Spanish festival, there aren't many other options. Played BBK this year so they won't be there. Primavera wouldn't have them these days. Beni is an option but I'm not sure if that's even confirmed to be happening. Mad Cool most logical imo

Of course, they could just not play european festivals, but if they do, I'd be surprised if they don't play Mad Cool.

All of the above plus:

• The clue fits perfectly

Strokes tomorrow, it's time.

Edited by The Martini Police
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Haha, that would be a very, very cruel joke. 'Rock defining' amirite? And what are their absolute classics then?

I think The Strokes would be the only really fitting name here. That's a rock defining act.

I mean... Bleed Americans is... it is a good a one, tho....

Anyway, I already started my MCR youtube shitfest revival in the office, I'm holding my cringe at I'm Not Okay's video, so it better be something with some eyeliner on for tomorrow, or that pack of razor blades bought on Amazon's Black Friday week will be for nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

For people of a certain age, The Middle, Pain, Hear You Me, Sweetness, Bleed American etc.

I'm not a huge fan myself.

I'm 30 and I've only ever heard of The Middle. Don't know which agegroup is familiar with that band.

But on to of that, 'rock defining'? Aren't they just another little bland pop punk band from yesteryear?

Edited by lighthouse

50 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Wait, what? Don't think I can name a single MCR song. Defining, c'mon.

I will die on this hill ?   MCR are for Emo-rock what The Strokes are for Indie-rock. The difference imo is emo faded like a trend whilst indie is still alive and kicking. 

I've also just seen you're 30 so we are coming at this from different perspectives entirely. When I was 12 MCR were huge 

Edited by DarthSaul
  • Like 1