Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Never heard of him so googled it.  I have heard that song of his before about finding what he's looking for.  Sounds like every other singer songwriter these day.  Festival line ups seem to be getting filled more and more with clones 

Edited by Red Day

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Never heard of him so googled it.  I have heard that song of his before about finding what he's looking for.  Sounds like every other singer songwriter these day.  Festival line ups seem to be getting filled more and more with clones 

Their line up will be ok. But there are still some agents who are refusing to work with Mad Cool. 2018 was no good year at that point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Their line up will be ok. But there are still some agents who are refusing to work with Mad Cool. 2018 was no good year at that point.

Mad Cool represents everything that a festival should avoid. Their comunication policy and the way to negociate with bands/agents and the lack of respect for the other Spanish and European festivals make it a hateful festival. I still remember Mad Cool comunity manager unveiling that Arcade Fire were making 2 exclusive european dates at Nos Alive and BBK Live the week before they were supposed to announce them.

The way they have acted in Spanish forums is also a shame: lies, fake promises and paying users to represent them at the forums telling lies and defending what is almost imposible to defend.

I understand that some agents do not want to work with that kind of unrespectful businessmen like lot of Spanish people find this festival a piece of shit. I do not understand why british or european people come here having festivals as Werchter or Roskilde that treat people, workers, bands and agents the way they deserve

Edited by johnybegood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Mad Cool represents everything that a festival should avoid. Their comunication policy and the way to negociate with bands/agents and the lack of respect for the other Spanish and European festivals make it a hateful festival. I still remember Mad Cool comunity manager unveiling that Arcade Fire were making 2 exclusive european dates at Nos Alive and BBK Live the week before they were supposed to announce them.

The way they have acted in Spanish forums is also a shame: lies, fake promises and paying users to represent them at the forums telling lies and defending what is almost imposible to defend.

I understand that some agents do not want to work with that kind of unrespectful businessmen like lot of Spanish people find this festival a piece of shit. I do not understand why british or european people come here having festivals as Werchter or Roskilde that treat people, workers, bands and agents the way they deserve

The weather is generally why I would go, providing it’s a decent line up. Have been sun burned and soaked at RW.  Spain almost guarantees sunshine

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Steve. said:

Hardly a surprise is it especially after massive attack last year. The festival has been shambolic for the first two editions and of course if people are not happy it reflects badly on the performers.

I hadn’t heard agents don’t like dealing with the festival so it was a surprise to me. Also thought Massive Attack were being dickish when they refused to play, as opposed to anything that would annoy an agent

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

?☠️ Natos y Waor Oficial ¡Nueva confirmación! #MadCool2020 ☠️?

Another one I’ve never heard of.  You’d imagine next week will be a mixed bag of stuff and maybe bigger names in the week leading up to tickets on sale day

I hadn’t heard agents don’t like dealing with the festival so it was a surprise to me. Also thought Massive Attack were being dickish when they refused to play, as opposed to anything that would annoy an agent

I can still remember a load of drunk Scottish guys on the long-arse walk from the site to the metro station going "Fuck Massive Attack, bunch of w*nkers" after they bailed. It did sound overall like a pretty shit go of things.

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I can still remember a load of drunk Scottish guys on the long-arse walk from the site to the metro station going "Fuck Massive Attack, bunch of w*nkers" after they bailed. It did sound overall like a pretty shit go of things.

? Us Scots like to say it as it is.  I was at NOS that year but read about the Massive Attack debacle. It did seem quite a diva thing to do and they probably should have just got on with it.

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

? Us Scots like to say it as it is.  I was at NOS that year but read about the Massive Attack debacle. It did seem quite a diva thing to do and they probably should have just got on with it.

Most of it was second hand as while I was at Mad Cool on that day, I was at Franz, who I thought were great.

In fairness, I do agree there was notable sound bleed from other stages, as I went in there during Goat Girl earlier in the day and could still hear an adjacent stage. But equally, I assumed that was just a natural aural consequence of having lots of stages in close proximity to one another. Maybe if MA had been on one of the main stages after Franz (or indeed after AM with Franz in the tent) it would've been less of a concern for them.

• Like 1

You may be correct, but what makes you think that ? Tbh I had no idea who Sports Team are and if it's the upcoming gig at the Forum, it's not sold out when you go to ticket link via forum website.  

My first thought was some band that sold out the Ally Pally but I'm struggling to think of any.

My first thought was some band that sold out the Ally Pally but I'm struggling to think of any.

I was thinking about Idles but actually they have 80k followers on FB and 124k on IG. 

Edited by alan_ts