Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Overall there's some good stuff and some pretty disappointing.  I'm certainly not excited about it. 

Yep, the announcements are all over the show in terms of genres at the moment. I really want to see Foals, Paul Weller and The Pixies but I need others to back these up. Hopefully in the next few days.

3 minutes ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

Yep, the announcements are all over the show in terms of genres at the moment. I really want to see Foals, Paul Weller and The Pixies but I need others to back these up. Hopefully in the next few days.

That's my take as well.  Seem to by trying to cover every genre prior to ticket sales day.  Risky strategy in that some might find there's just not enough of what they like to justify going.  I'd really like to give this one a try but there needs to be more rock orientated stuff before I do.

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That's my take as well.  Seem to by trying to cover every genre prior to ticket sales day.  Risky strategy in that some might find there's just not enough of what they like to justify going.  I'd really like to give this one a try but there needs to be more rock orientated stuff before I do.

I'm pretty sure that Tay, Billie and TOP are enough for the pop public to buy most of the first batch of the tickets.

Will be interesting to see when they'll release day splits. Taylor on the first day and TOP/Tove Lo on the last for example would certainly screw a pop fan with a 3-day ticket. We only know Billie will do the 9th atm...

18 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That's true.  In one way I quite like it, but it can lead to disappointment. I suppose releasing a batch of names gives you a quick feel of whether or not it's worth going.  

I guess that MC should better use a diverse strategy. I.e., one headliner + batch of small names against one average name a day.

Nobody benefits from a day announcement of Tones & I, imo.

2 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I guess that MC should better use a diverse strategy. I.e., one headliner + batch of small names against one average name a day.

Nobody benefits from a day announcement of Tones & I, imo.

I was surprised, but Tones and I is actually huge. She has 34m monthly Spotify listeners and is the 27th most streamed artist in the world. So I'm sure quite a few people do benefit.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

I was surprised, but Tones and I is actually huge. She has 34m monthly Spotify listeners and is the 27th most streamed artist in the world. So I'm sure quite a few people do benefit.

Purely because one song has blown up though, time will tell if she's more than a one hit wonder

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It absolutely isn't Beach House but even if it were, I wouldn't consider Victoria's presence that remarkable. It's more of her aura than herself

Really? When I saw them I found Victoria an amazing performer but yes, you're right, she didn't smash any guitar or something like that haha

• Like 1