Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

That's thrown a cat amongst the pigeons. I'd discounted MCF when Swift & Eilish were announced but the two bands top of my 2020 list are Foals and The Pixies. Probably have to go now!

It's looking good for me as well so far, I probably wouldnt go to all their own solo shows but out of the 11 so far I'd happily stand and watch 8 of them at a festival. When you consider 7 stages and 4 full days next year too, there could be 130/140 acts left to come.

Will be interesting to see where Foals, Pixies and Twenty One Pilots end up on the line up, bodes well for the rest of the bill if they aren't even coheadlining.

The budget for Mad Cool seems pretty big.

Is there any confirmation of who is actually headlining? Taylor Swift & Billie Eliish for sure I would assume? Still leaves 2 more headliners to come and more if they are doing co-heads as they seem to do a lot. 

Hoping for The Strokes to play and Coldplay too- don't think either suggestions are that unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

The budget for Mad Cool seems pretty big.

Is there any confirmation of who is actually headlining? Taylor Swift & Billie Eliish for sure I would assume? Still leaves 2 more headliners to come and more if they are doing co-heads as they seem to do a lot. 

Hoping for The Strokes to play and Coldplay too- don't think either suggestions are that unrealistic. 

No confirmation that I know of, but Taylor and Billie will surely headline, TOP and the Pixies could too. I would expect at least two days with a co-headline structure, which would mean 6-7 headline spots in total. More big names to come.

It says on their website it's Billie Eilish's 'only Spanish concert for 2020' so I can't imagine they'd have her on an exclusive if it wasn't at least coheadlining. Personally I think Taylor Swift outright and Billie Eilish coheadline, the others could arguably be a headliner but when you look at the last two years Noel Gallagher, Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend and The 1975 didn't even coheadline their respective years. Would be very surprised if they've anounced 3 or 4 'headliners' at this early stage.

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

It says on their website it's Billie Eilish's 'only Spanish concert for 2020' so I can't imagine they'd have her on an exclusive if it wasn't at least coheadlining. Personally I think Taylor Swift outright and Billie Eilish coheadline, the others could arguably be a headliner but when you look at the last two years Noel Gallagher, Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend and The 1975 didn't even coheadline their respective years. Would be very surprised if they've anounced 3 or 4 'headliners' at this early stage.

More likely that TOP and Foals will be on the Main Stage, opening for the headliners.

Taking as reference 2018, Foals could be Snow Patrol (before the headliners) and Twenty One Pilots could be Kasabian (after the headliners).

Given the circumstances, I guess that Billie Eilish would be something similar to Tame Impala (before a very big headliner) in the best scenario, or something similar to Nine Inch Nails in a situation where you have one clear headliner (Depeche Mode) and two equal-size sub-headliners (NIN and QOTSA).

Taylor Swift, like it or not, will be the big big name - so Pearl Jam / The Cure.

I can see Alt J playing a late spot in one of the main stages, while I hardly doubt that Pixies will get anything better than the third stage (which in Mad Cool dimension, still has Main Stage worth names).

Other names will fill the first two slots of Main Stages and third stage (even fourth if they go back to 2018 structure - which I hope they don't, as the festival is already too packed).

10 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Yeah, Billie Eilish is headlining everywhere else she plays so will be at least co-head. Pixies I really can't see being that high up, 21 P would be the concern for me cause I'm really not a fan.