Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

10 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Lies. TayTay is already playing the 9th at NOS Alive. She's probably set for the 11th. Billie Eilish had a tba date on her poster, that's the only one we know for certain that she's playing the 9th.

i think he answered to something else.

it was on the web but they took it off.

i sew the only 4 first artists so i was talking about them.

it could be some technical error due. idk.

6 minutes ago, dude111 said:

i think he answered to something else.

it was on the web but they took it off.

i sew the only 4 first artists so i was talking about them.

it could be some technical error due. idk.

Billie is also in the 9th, following her tour poster. I doubt those other 4 are for the same day. Probably an error.

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Billie, Swift and 21 Pilots, not really headliners were everybody was hoping for. 

And there is enough to bar two whole headline days (Billie+TOP and Swift is big enough to solo headline).

It seems like that the pop direction has taken over every major festival now..

2 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

And there is enough to bar two whole headline days (Billie+TOP and Swift is big enough to solo headline).

It seems like that the pop direction has taken over every major festival now..

Think you’re correct about the pop direction. I just don’t enjoy pop music. Far prefer to have more rock music on a line up to make it worthwhile going, but suppose it’s about selling tickets 

13 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Think we have to accept its nearly 2020 Dave and not 1998 anymore ?

There is that.

Seen Billie Eilish and Tove Lo, who were both just ok. Alt -J are boring, Taylor Swift is Taylor Swift and don't mind Twenty One Pilots

But it's not setting the world on fire, is it?

i think it will in terms of tickets sales. last year only the cure drew a massive crowd in 3 days of festivals. 

for the business is definitely the better line up compared to 2019. in terms of quality, it's debatable of course. 

Edited by neacaisa

10 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

i think it will in terms of tickets sales. last year only the cure drew a massive crowd in 3 days of festivals. 

for the business is definitely the better line up compared to 2019. in terms of quality, it's debatable of course. 

The Friday at Nos last year when vampire weekend headlined was exceptionally quiet. More down to a really weak line up overall. Be interesting to see if pure pop sells more tickets. 

Edited by Red Day

I think this is a very strong start.

I love the Pixies, like Billie, want to see Alt-J, OK with 21P and not bothered by Tizzle Swizzle. I'm not a fan of the new seemingly pop direction,  but (as opposed to NOS for example) with the four days and a shitload of stages there's still plenty of space for a balanced lineup.

I guess at least two if not three days will have a co-headline structure, plus they wouldn't announce most of the headliners in one go.

Will wait for future announcements - the Strokes and Tame Impala (early return, I know, but a new album on the way) would certainly seal the deal for me - but I'm tempted. Btw, was the sound this year as good as in 2018?

It's not really fair comparing this (or any) lineup to 2018, because that was just too good.

They will surely raise the price though, hopefully not to 200+

25 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Pearl Jam, Chemical Brothers, Depeche Mode, Jack White, The National, The Cure, NIN to Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish and 21 Pilots, what a fall from grace. 

The reason people flew from the USA to Madrid in 2018 was to see more rock bands that U.S. festivals didn’t have that year. They lost most of their crowd that year by all that queueing issues. Now they lost their last rock fans with Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. Yes, they will sell more tickets this year but they will not be known like Rock Werchter as always having a strong lineup no matter what year it is