Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is a major stab in the dark so please do shoot it right down (pun not intended), but could the plane be Iron Maiden?

I was thinking the same, but do Iron Maiden fit Mad Cool profile? Pixies seem to be a certainty. Apart from the monkey, the circle in the upper part may be referring  to Bossanova album.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

I was thinking the same, but do Iron Maiden fit Mad Cool profile? Pixies seem to be a certainty. Apart from the monkey, the circle in the upper part may be referring  to Bossanova album.

Would they have multiple clues for Pixies though?

Yeah also not sure on Maiden for Mad Cool, but it's the only obvious thing I can think for the plane.

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

Would they have multiple clues for Pixies though?

Yeah also not sure on Maiden for Mad Cool, but it's the only obvious thing I can think for the plane.

The obvious one for the plane would be 21 Pilots. Some people on social media are saying Parcels - I know nothing about them but their theme is planes. I reckon it'll be 6 on 29/10. So we potentially have:

Pixies

21 Pilots

Strokes

Alt-J (or someone else related to a triangle)

Someone related to a feather (Arcade fire the dream)

A new one top left that links to Billie Eilish (unless there's a feather link already?)

EDIT - forgot the Polaroid. Swift?

Edited by The Martini Police

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The obvious one for the plane would be 21 Pilots. Some people on social media are saying Parcels - I know nothing about them but their theme is planes. I reckon it'll be 6 on 29/10. So we potentially have:

Pixies

21 Pilots

Strokes

Alt-J (or someone else related to a triangle)

Someone related to a feather (Arcade fire the dream)

A new one top left that links to Billie Eilish (unless there's a feather link already?)

EDIT - forgot the Polaroid. Swift?

That could be it. I'm not ready to go along with "6" being the number of acts being announced, though. It could refer to Billie - six letters?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

More than the triangle? What else?

I'd love for alt-J to come back but something tells me it's kind of early. The band members seem to have been minding their own thing for quite a while now, specially the drummer so I doubt they are remotely close to finishing any sort of new material

Just now, Yannis Foals said:

Yes because Mad Cool have used 5 IG posts to build a giant collage of imagery used on a random non-headline band comprised of clues from their first album like 7 years ago.

I mean, it's a fair shout considering how easily incognito some of this stuff is, Yannis. Do you have a better clue? 

Just now, young_contra said:

I mean, it's a fair shout considering how easily incognito some of this stuff is, Yannis. Do you have a better clue? 

Yes. The several posts in here alluding to the surfing monkey being Pixies. Anyone who's not a gimp would spot that and not post about everything on there relating to Alt pissing J.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Yannis Foals said:

Yes. The several posts in here alluding to the surfing monkey being Pixies. Anyone who's not a gimp would spot that and not post about everything on there relating to Alt pissing J.

Not sure where that attitude comes from but whatever. It's not like anyone here is oblivious to the fact that the monkey is related to Pixies, it was just a matter of figuring out or doubting what the triangle had to do with it. Edit: I've gone and checked out the Doolittle cover and it makes sense that the triangle is just part of the Pixies reference. Regardless of that I don't think that it is far fetched for someone to miss that reference

Edited by young_contra

39 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Pretty sure the planet in the corner at top is Strokes - since Ohana did the same hidden logo reveal 

3rltzrarsxj21.jpg

The planet - as well as the feather for that matter - have been part of their new 2020 styling since they announced the 2020 dates though. Could mean nothing...

381B5925-3C5E-4100-B52B-7435C52E16F7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The planet - as well as the feather for that matter - have been part of their new 2020 styling since they announced the 2020 dates though. Could mean nothing...

381B5925-3C5E-4100-B52B-7435C52E16F7.jpeg

I think there's still some intention behind it, dunno. they could've started the teasing from early on

Edited by young_contra

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Not sure where that attitude comes from but whatever. It's not like anyone here is oblivious to the fact that the monkey is related to Pixies, it was just a matter of figuring out or doubting what the triangle had to do with it

I think it comes from Matt42 repeatedly saying his band will never headline Glastonbury.

15 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Probably unrelated but why do Arcade Fire have their spotify page all decorated with Funeral celebration stuff? Are they doing anything to actually celebrate it or is it just a nod to it?

They re-released merch and some old videos it's just for the $$$