Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

What's your thinking re The Strokes? Just cause they still seem to be about next summer?

Would be ideal for me and that alone would be enough to get me over tbh so very hopeful.

Thinking is: 

• Gonna be about and likely with a new album
  • Never played Mad Cool
  • Great fit in terms of style
  • If they do play a Spanish festival, there aren't many other options. Played BBK this year so they won't be there. Primavera wouldn't have them these days. Beni is an option but I'm not sure if that's even confirmed to be happening. Mad Cool most logical imo

Of course, they could just not play european festivals, but if they do, I'd be surprised if they don't play Mad Cool.

Edited by The Martini Police

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Thinking is: 

• Gonna be about and likely with a new album
  • Never played Mad Cool
  • Great fit in terms of style
  • If they do play a Spanish festival, there aren't many other options. Played BBK this year so they won't be there. Primavera wouldn't have them these days. Beni is an option but I'm not sure if that's even confirmed to be happening. Mad Cool most logical imo

Of course, they could just not play european festivals, but if they do, I'd be surprised if they don't play Mad Cool.

Fair play, you've convinced me! Beni is happening and they've played before but tbh not sure they could afford them. Any other thoughts who could headline? Coldplay a possibility maybe?

Hopeful for Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club to show up.

3 hours ago, fronts84 said:

Billy e n Taylor swift n coldplay isn't  it? Went this yr n they had personal favs the national, cure and chemical brothers n tickets didn't sell great so going commercial this yr prob. Shame as good time

Taylor? Would've announced her by now. Billie? Maybe. Coldplay? Perhaps, nothing announced from them yet afaik, apart from that one charity thingy. 

1 hour ago, MrTobs said:

New Trailer on social media

They added a fourth day, 08-11.07.2020

It says "4 full festival days", so it's not like the Welcome Party this year

They have no patience. Growing too fast. So many other things to do first... there are a lot of agents not happy with the work of this festival...

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

They have no patience. Growing too fast. So many other things to do first... there are a lot of agents not happy with the work of this festival...

Been there in 2018 and I had no doubt. Massive Attack not showing up and Paul Kalkbrenner's agent moaning (and if I had that news I guess that was actually public) say a lot.

They have added a fourth day but decreased capacity to 60,000 a day so total capacity will be the same. Don't know what that means to size of headliners. Also adding another stage to help more genres. Improving non music stuff too,  I enjoyed the art area last year.

1 hour ago, thomas9790 said:

What was the deal with Paul Kalkbrenners agent?

Can't actually recall and don't have the time to dig into it, but I am 99% sure that somebody in 2018 Mad Cool's page on this forum stated that Paul Kalkbrenner's agent moaned about how the management of the festival dealt with him and his client

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I think the mosaic will be expanded in the weekend or just Monday. Might become 16 (as in 4pm on Tuesday?)

Yeah, the shape of 6 seems to be incomplete. However, I'm not taking my chances on predicting 16 names :p