Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

Possibly a stupid question but can you book Worthy View for someone else? A friend has stayed there the last few years and asked if I can book them a tent in the 6pm pre-sale (as I have a coach ticket) but I don't know if I can transfer it to them/ if they can show up without me. 

NB before I get shouted at, I do realise this is a green initiative to encourage coach users but they did TRY for tickets in the coach sale, got them in main sale instead and will be travelling by NatEx, so I'd like to help if I can.

1 hour ago, ilovelanegan said:

Possibly a stupid question but can you book Worthy View for someone else? A friend has stayed there the last few years and asked if I can book them a tent in the 6pm pre-sale (as I have a coach ticket) but I don't know if I can transfer it to them/ if they can show up without me. 

NB before I get shouted at, I do realise this is a green initiative to encourage coach users but they did TRY for tickets in the coach sale, got them in main sale instead and will be travelling by NatEx, so I'd like to help if I can.

You’ll be classed as lead booker - you can add them on as a guest but I think you need to be there in person to get into WV 

WV tents sell quickly but I’ve not had an issue getting one and they go back on sale around May post returns 

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

You’ll be classed as lead booker - you can add them on as a guest but I think you need to be there in person to get into WV 

WV tents sell quickly but I’ve not had an issue getting one and they go back on sale around May post returns 

Cheers - might let him try his luck at 7pm then, don't really fancy trekking up to WV to sign them in!

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

So I’m lead booker for me and my mates tonight,  I’ve not mentioned about the hill or steps to them, or that we have to pass into the festival each day, 1 of my pals likes to have a smoke too you see. Do you think I should tell them ?

you could sell them the beautiful view from the top ... a great place to have a smoke :) .... and I don’t even smoke or use worthy view :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1

Couple of questions-

Does anyone know how the booking system works with respect to adding people who subsequently get tickets in resales etc?

eg Are the lead bookers able to nominate new WV campers as they are able to be confirmed?

And has anyone added people who are either working the festival or performing there?

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

They go on sale tonight from 6pm for coach people then from 7pm for general admission 

I know, I just hate the fact that they cant update the website to show that the page is ready to go. Its not that hard for a webmaster to sort this thing out, but apparently they wanna take the piss out of everyone leading up to the sale.

58 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

So I’m lead booker for me and my mates tonight,  I’ve not mentioned about the hill or steps to them, or that we have to pass into the festival each day, 1 of my pals likes to have a smoke too you see. Do you think I should tell them ?

Not sure which point you’re trying to make but FYI the security checks are between car park and campsite (not campsite and festival) so your friend should be fine once in.

If you’re worried they won’t be able to fly up the hill at the end of the night, I can’t really help you there!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I know, I just hate the fact that they cant update the website to show that the page is ready to go. Its not that hard for a webmaster to sort this thing out, but apparently they wanna take the piss out of everyone leading up to the sale.

Eh?

36 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Not sure which point you’re trying to make but FYI the security checks are between car park and campsite (not campsite and festival) so your friend should be fine once in.

If you’re worried they won’t be able to fly up the hill at the end of the night, I can’t really help you there!

It was the security check I was getting at cheers

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

Que?

You're not allowed to smoke in the pre-erected camping? Not even the wackki tobakki? 

This is troubling news, as a Academy Award winning actor I need my creative juices to be flowing at all times.

8 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

It was the security check I was getting at cheers

There are some additional security checks between WV and the festival. They are pretty random, and definitely not as thorough as the initial check from car park to WV campsite, but they definitely do happen.