Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

So last years price v this years rounded up to nearest percent

2 man scout 10% raise (£30)

4 man scout 9% raise ( £50)

6 man scout 6% raise ( £55)

8 man  scout 6% raise ( £75)

4 man bell 12% raise (£75)

so with the other tents not out yet we could be expecting something along these lines for a octopad, based on the percentages above

£1140-£1204

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Of course the prices went up. Glad Im only going for a scout, since those sell out last, better odds, even without the coach priority. And they have sleeping bag and air mattress rentals in the worthy view area correct? 

I’m not sure there was sleeping bag air bed rental this year. I think they’ve moved away from it as they wanted to be more green. The shop was pretty small for the amount of people that were camped,

There was an airbed pumping service though.

3 hours ago, waynewdk said:

So last years price v this years rounded up to nearest percent

2 man scout 10% raise (£30)

4 man scout 9% raise ( £50)

6 man scout 6% raise ( £55)

8 man  scout 6% raise ( £75)

4 man bell 12% raise (£75)

so with the other tents not out yet we could be expecting something along these lines for a octopad, based on the percentages above

£1140-£1204

The Octopad was the same price as the 8 man scout last year. So I'm guessing it will be £1150 this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waynewdk said:

I’ve never done Worthy View before, so don’t know what new or old, but I thought I’d read via this forum that you just need one registration to book the tents. But it states you must give all reg numbers of all that are staying in the tents

you just need one to book it.

Later on (think it was around May in previous years, definitely after the balance payments/re-sale), they ask you to send the reg numbers of everyone staying in it.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

its a bit of a weird paradox for me this year - the ONLY reason i am (for the first time ever) considering WV is because we got coach package tickets (for the first time ever).

i had a bad feeling about tickets this time round - normally i am pretty confident we will get them in the general sale, and thankfully we always have done.

but for some reason this time i had zero confidence of getting through in the general so for the first time went for a coach package - got through to the choose a day screen and figured everybody would be going for wednesday so i picked thursday and got our tickets.

so - for the first time we a) have a coach package, and b) will not be arriving 6 hours before the gates open on wednesday.

i know only too well that we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting our usual camping spot in big ground - and the idea of trudging around some far flung field to squeeze the tents in is far beyond anything i can be bothered to deal with.

so - WV here we come! (although fuck knows how we're going to pay for it).

EXACT same position as us (x11 peeps)! Still up in the air whether we go for it, or hope for an early Manchester bus and get a spot (dreams of Oxylers are over)

16 hours ago, lacney said:

Prices up.... services still not very good and not enough.... lets hope the extra money they are making year on year goes towards more showers and toilets to account for the more punters staying there next year. 

6 Man tent has gone up £55...  

Edited by Havors

9 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

I’m not sure there was sleeping bag air bed rental this year. I think they’ve moved away from it as they wanted to be more green. The shop was pretty small for the amount of people that were camped,

There was an airbed pumping service though.

Thanks, might just have to buy some gear then if it comes to it. 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, vardyvarvar said:

10-15 min walk to PD Gate D then there will be plenty of walking from Gate to stages.

Depends on the activeness and attention span of your 9YO, I guess.

When you walk around the festival you clock up the miles without realising so I think you’ll be fine.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, Spider43 said:

My daughter was 10 and son was 8, no problems at all. I’d much rather have a flat walk back rather than hill to WV with kids in tow.

Thanks both.  I saw a video of the WV hill and definitely wouldn’t want to trek up there a lot.  We are in a campervan and wanted electricity hence the booking at Willow Meadows.  How long would you say it would take to walk from there right across the other side to the KidzField and the theatre and circus bits?  Daughter has done a 10k walk before so not an issue if she isn’t bored but it’s our first Glastonbury and first proper festival so have no clue what’s going to happen and no clue what to expect.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, Loopie77 said:

Thanks both.  I saw a video of the WV hill and definitely wouldn’t want to trek up there a lot.  We are in a campervan and wanted electricity hence the booking at Willow Meadows.  How long would you say it would take to walk from there right across the other side to the KidzField and the theatre and circus bits?  Daughter has done a 10k walk before so not an issue if she isn’t bored but it’s our first Glastonbury and first proper festival so have no clue what’s going to happen and no clue what to expect.

I would allow 60 mins to get from KidzField to Willow Meadows or vice versa... it’s a bit of mission to say the least!

I’ve attached the super useful stage to stage walking times image which I used as part of my working out.

Surely you’ve got to go for Campervans East instead?! Will save you and your daughter several kms over the week.

8EAD6F37-4E0D-402A-AB48-20367146D847.png

1 minute ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

It's that confirmed? 

Hoping that doesn't drastically reduce the numbers of available CV pitches. 

"Additional campervan pitches will be available on the East of the site, and at the Bath & West Showground to accommodate the displaced campervans and caravans."