Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

48 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So wouldnt there be a nice bit of news this week with the book launch, potential headliner announcement and WV sale? Seems to be the right timing. I just wonder if the priority sale will be a separate day to whatever the “regular” sale is. And if they sell out of WV in the priority sale? Will that be the new normal? If you dont get a coach ticket youre s.o.l on buying wv?

I hope not! I tried to get coach but no luck sadly, would be gutted if it meant I didn't get into wv.

Wonder if the Glasto on Sea pre erected tents will also go on sale the same day?

Edited by Bryanrebe

2 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I for one don’t get the worthy view for coach tickets incentive thing. Can someone please explain? I mean it’s not as if they struggle to sell them.

Surely it’s obvious. To further incentivise and reward people to try for the coach, it has nothing to do with trying to shift WV accommodation.

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Surely it’s obvious. To further incentivise and reward people to try for the coach, it has nothing to do with trying to shift WV accommodation.

Also people who drive are less in need of pre-erected tents as they haven't had to traipse all over the country carrying all their stuff to get to the festival.

• Like 1

One thing I'd like to see this year would be a separation of WV and camper van sales. It buggers up the site having everyone trying for two completely different things at the same time.

If the sale is on a Saturday then surely something like this would make sense:

9am - WV Priority for coach travellers

10am - General WV sale

11am - Camper van sale

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One thing I'd like to see this year would be a separation of WV and camper van sales. It buggers up the site having everyone trying for two completely different things at the same time.

If the sale is on a Saturday then surely something like this would make sense:

9am - WV Priority for coach travellers

10am - General WV sale

11am - Camper van sale

Sounds like a sensible suggestion, plus it means that all my CV mates would be able to help me and my wife get a WV tent and me help them with CV tickets.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/

Worthy View, Tipi and Caravan/Campervan ticket bookings will be taken exclusively by the Festival’s nominated booking agency, See Tickets.

Coach + ticket package holders will have access to a pre-sale for Worthy View accommodation from 6pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

The pre-sale will be followed by a general release of campervan/caravan tickets (for general admission ticket holders only), tipis and Worthy View accommodation at 7pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

In order to make an accommodation booking, you must already have a valid ticket booking for Glastonbury 2020.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But the coach always sells out ridiculously quickly as well. It's not as if people are leaving unsold coach tickets so they can drive. 

If they want to get people to leave cars at home, they should incentivise people who didn't buy the coach ticket packages to travel by train or NE coaches.

36 minutes ago, duke88 said:

But the coach always sells out ridiculously quickly as well. It's not as if people are leaving unsold coach tickets so they can drive. 

If they want to get people to leave cars at home, they should incentivise people who didn't buy the coach ticket packages to travel by train or NE coaches.

I agree its' not to incentivize anything, as everything sells out immediately now so there is literally nothing to incentivize. If they wanted to increase coach travel it would be as easy as adding as many more more coach tickets as they wanted. They'd still sell out immediately.

I believe the reason is what @Johnnyseven said above it's to help out people who 100% guaranteed are not arriving by car, and so could especially use the help of a pre-erected tent. 

46 minutes ago, assorted said:

I agree its' not to incentivize anything, as everything sells out immediately now so there is literally nothing to incentivize. If they wanted to increase coach travel it would be as easy as adding as many more more coach tickets as they wanted. They'd still sell out immediately.

I believe the reason is what @Johnnyseven said above it's to help out people who 100% guaranteed are not arriving by car, and so could especially use the help of a pre-erected tent. 

There's probably a limit to just how many more people could travel by coach as well. Can't be easy sourcing so many coaches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke88 said:

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

It also, theoretically, reduces the amount of luggage people bring to put under the coach. Although i'm not really sure that would work out that well as people may just bring more baggage instead of a tent.

3 hours ago, assorted said:

I disagree, yes the festival sells out irrespective, from that point of view there are tons of things they do that they don’t need to if you want to look at it like that.

The festival has a strong green ethos, it’s as much about changing mindsets as anything else. Obviously the coach would sell out regardless, but making it as attractive as possible for people to try for the coach is encouraging people to look at doing things in a greener way.

They don’t need to do this, but the moment they stop doing things they don’t need to do is the moment the festival dies.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, Spider43 said:

Worth looking at Willow Meadows which used to be the pop up motel. Stayed there the last few years for various reasons and not had any issues although have only done the pitch your own option.

I’ve booked to stay here but am stressing now that it’s too far out with a 9 year old in tow.  Any advice on whether it’ll be ok or not?

2 hours ago, Loopie77 said:

I’ve booked to stay here but am stressing now that it’s too far out with a 9 year old in tow.  Any advice on whether it’ll be ok or not?

My daughter was 10 and son was 8, no problems at all. I’d much rather have a flat walk back rather than hill to WV with kids in tow.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:54 AM, ShakeyCrash said:

I for one don’t get the worthy view for coach tickets incentive thing. Can someone please explain? I mean it’s not as if they struggle to sell them.

its a bit of a weird paradox for me this year - the ONLY reason i am (for the first time ever) considering WV is because we got coach package tickets (for the first time ever).

i had a bad feeling about tickets this time round - normally i am pretty confident we will get them in the general sale, and thankfully we always have done.

but for some reason this time i had zero confidence of getting through in the general so for the first time went for a coach package - got through to the choose a day screen and figured everybody would be going for wednesday so i picked thursday and got our tickets.

so - for the first time we a) have a coach package, and b) will not be arriving 6 hours before the gates open on wednesday.

i know only too well that we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting our usual camping spot in big ground - and the idea of trudging around some far flung field to squeeze the tents in is far beyond anything i can be bothered to deal with.

so - WV here we come! (although fuck knows how we're going to pay for it).

Anyone stayed at love fields Pitch Your Own before? I notice that they charge for a pitch for two people and extra for each additional person.  Given that the pitch is 6m x 6m, would it be acceptable to pitch two tents in the area if you pay for a pitch plus two extra people for example? Or are you only allowed the one tent per pitch? 

1 hour ago, slumberjack said:

Anyone stayed at love fields Pitch Your Own before? I notice that they charge for a pitch for two people and extra for each additional person.  Given that the pitch is 6m x 6m, would it be acceptable to pitch two tents in the area if you pay for a pitch plus two extra people for example? Or are you only allowed the one tent per pitch? 

I think this is a question for Love Fields. I would have thought being a commercial enterprise they'd insist on 1 tent per pitch, but they would be the people who would know. A workaround would be to buy a bigger tent with a couple of bedrooms, at the prices they charge it's probably by far the cheaper option. Not much difference in privacy between 2 tents pitched closely together and 1 with 2 separate bedrooms.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I think this is a question for Love Fields. I would have thought being a commercial enterprise they'd insist on 1 tent per pitch, but they would be the people who would know. A workaround would be to buy a bigger tent with a couple of bedrooms, at the prices they charge it's probably by far the cheaper option. Not much difference in privacy between 2 tents pitched closely together and 1 with 2 separate bedrooms.

Thanks for the reply.  Considered contacting them direct but thought that someone that has previously camped there would know.  Will give them a shout direct anyway.  Cheers. 

Has the accommodation page been updated on the Glastonbury website?

It seems to give a bit more Info than I last remember, I can’t remember it saying you had to buy worthy view parking should you get a tent and can’t remember it saying you may buy 2 accommodation max. Still no upto date prices yet though 

6 hours ago, slumberjack said:

Not sure about multiple tents on a single pitch but if you have more then 4 people you have to purchase an additional pitch.

• Like 1