Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Let me know if you need a hand ... can’t remember how it works ... but maybe my new found speed might work ... 

Thanks , Should be ok, it’s just like the main sale but the full amount is payable. Not too bothered actually, did it this year , it was good but missed our usual spot up in lime kiln. 

On 10/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, parsonjack said:

Love Fields Pitch Your Own starts at £675 for 2 people and a car....not a bad deal if you already have a tent and aren't fussed getting it up and down.

https://www.thelovefields.com/pitch-your-own

For anyone thinking about holding out for a last minute tent+ticket deal from Love Fields I tried this for 2019 and the response was a flat 'No, sorry'.  Prob even less likely for the 50th.

Not bad!!!!! You know you can carry your own tent into the actual festival and put it up for free. That’s a saving of £675. 

1 hour ago, Voucher Boy said:

Not bad!!!!! You know you can carry your own tent into the actual festival and put it up for free. That’s a saving of £675. 

It does seem a helluva lot of cash to put up your tent outside the festival site, be able to go to a pamper tent whatever that entails and flush your shite. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It does seem a helluva lot of cash to put up your tent outside the festival site, be able to go to a pamper tent whatever that entails and flush your shite. 

Everyone's circumstances are different.

It's a large sum of money, sure. I'm taking 2 kids next year (a 3 and 1 year old) and the ability to have a car park a 10 minute walk away, a separate (easy) driving entrance, a tent I don't have to worry about, plus a few added extras for the wife and little ones, is worth the hassle.

But if we don't get lucky, we'll camp as per normal.

45 minutes ago, Stu H said:

It's a large sum of money, sure. I'm taking 2 kids next year (a 3 and 1 year old) and the ability to have a car park a 10 minute walk away, a separate (easy) driving entrance, a tent I don't have to worry about, plus a few added extras for the wife and little ones, is worth the hassle.

True. Ive got a3 year old and a Four month old grandkids so I know the work they are! Good on you taking yours to Glastonbury! Reckon with the kids especially it would be a good investment    worthy view would be ok as long as you got a big tent. Car park is very near entrance though the steps up to WV it might be hard with a pram. Always something willing to help I reckon. 

3 hours ago, Stu H said:

Makes perfect sense. Even if you dont have kids to be honest... if you are a few friends splitting the cost its not that expensive. 

The only thing I would mention to you with a 3 and 1 year old is..... the hill..... gonna have to drag your pram or whatever you are using up a very steep hill.... not the easiest task the gradient is very steep in parts. 

52 minutes ago, UEF said:

A hundred quid a day or so to make Glastonbury less shit, not have to queue overnight to get in, sounds good... 

Not even that much... 

my days of lugging gear for miles and putting up tents in the wind and rain... oh and no showers... are behind me.... middle age is practically here :D 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Havors said:

Not even that much... 

my days of lugging gear for miles and putting up tents in the wind and rain... oh and no showers... are behind me.... middle age is practically here :D 

Same. I’ll be 29 by next Glastonbury but feel 49. My body is fucked, I grew too quickly unfortunately. I think Glastonbury is the only festival in the world I’m willing to camp in a tent for nar days.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Same. I’ll be 29 by next Glastonbury but feel 49. My body is fucked, I grew too quickly unfortunately. I think Glastonbury is the only festival in the world I’m willing to camp in a tent for nar days.

Hey. I'm 49. My body is not bad considering the mdma and alcohol I have given it over the years. Stop complaining.

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, Tijuana said:

Hey. I'm 49. My body is not bad considering the mdma and alcohol I have given it over the years. Stop complaining.

Were you 6’7 when you were 15 years old and have you been working on building sites 50 hours a week since you were 16 years old? My body is fucked mate. 

Just had a message from a pal, saying ticket sales for accommodation   this Saturday, probably a high probability of that already, but thought I’d mention it,. He said a pal had told him, a couple of his mates are John Giddings ( Isle of Wight)and another Stevie McCrorie

21 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Just had a message from a pal, saying ticket sales for accommodation   this Saturday, probably a high probability of that already, but thought I’d mention it,. He said a pal had told him, a couple of his mates are John Giddings ( Isle of Wight)and another Stevie McCrorie

While it makes sense the sale is this weekend (last year it was the 27th and details were announced on the 24th), why would John Giddings have any interest or inside info on when the Worthy View sale is?

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

While it makes sense the sale is this weekend (last year it was the 27th and details were announced on the 24th), why would John Giddings have any interest or inside info on when the Worthy View sale is?

I just wondered where he got the info, they could be two potential people I thought who might be in the know, maybe they know someone who’s getting a tent. Was just a thought,  thought Id post what I knew, but on digging a bit further it’s come from someone who’s holding an event at glasto 2020, Touch Tennis founder

17 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

I just wondered where he got the info, they could be two potential people I thought who might be in the know, maybe they know someone who’s getting a tent. Was just a thought,  thought Id post what I knew, but on digging a bit further it’s come from someone who’s holding an event at glasto 2020, Touch Tennis founder

Fair enough. 

16 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Accommodation sales are normally midweek I was expecting this Thursday although that is short notice for this week, so maybe next Thursday .

It was a Saturday last time and only announced 3 days earlier. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-fields-on-sale-on-saturday-27th/

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Fair enough. 

It was a Saturday last time and only announced 3 days earlier. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-fields-on-sale-on-saturday-27th/

I have totally misremembered last year then, as I actually did get the WV accommodation sorted myself! doh.

So wouldnt there be a nice bit of news this week with the book launch, potential headliner announcement and WV sale? Seems to be the right timing. I just wonder if the priority sale will be a separate day to whatever the “regular” sale is. And if they sell out of WV in the priority sale? Will that be the new normal? If you dont get a coach ticket youre s.o.l on buying wv?