Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

16 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

What are the prices like at WV? Back in 2016 I did TF but with the rain and the mud it was quite a hike back to TF. WV seems a possibility even though the hill is a little steep it should be OK.  

Scout tents (2 man) were £295 last year. Parking same as main site. 

3 hours ago, herzzreh said:

Podpads are like huge dog kennels, they also get hot accordingly. Go for one of the canvas options - for about ten years 

Podpads are like huge dog kennels and get hot accordingly - got for the one of the canvas options. For about ten years we camped on the main site, this year we did a scout tent at WV. Not only was it huge for two, this was the first time I was able to sleep past 8am or so; it just never got hot.

Thanks, I think we'll just try go straight for the two man scout. Hopefully they don't all go in the coach sale!

9 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

We're going to put our souls in the Ticket Gods' hands again and try and get tickets for WV. Mainly because we are coming from New Zealand so don't want to buy a tent and airbeds (which it looks like you hire there). We're heading back home on the Tuesday (48 hours of travel over three flights ?, might regret my scheduling) so won't really have time to find a home for them. For those who have stayed there before:

- What are the podpads like? Do they get hot quickly? They look like they would! I like how they have the storage under the bed option, and that they already come with airbeds. I've seen plenty of pictures but haven't seen too many reviews.

- If I want to book a two-person option, should I just go straight for a scout tent? My thinking is that there are more and seem to be the least popular. I'm worried if I try to get a bell tent or podpad it'll kick me out at the last minute and the all the scout tents will be gone.

We tried to get coach tickets but no joy, as we're planning on coaching anyway. I'm just so thankful we got tickets in the general sale!

I’m not going for WV this year so if you want any help trying to get your WV accommodation sorted then let me know ??

This offer goes to everyone on a first come first served basis!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

How tall are the scout tents? My missis always moaning about standing up to get ready. 

Around 1.8m in the middle. All the way down to 0.2m on each side. Wasn’t much of an issue last year as you didn’t want to be stood in the tent for more than a few mins as it was hot!

48 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Ah class. Thanks! Think it’ll be worth paying to not have to carry the tent, carry it home, have a hot shower and have a nice shite once a day. 

Tip: get to the loos around 20 mins before you need to go. Don’t leave it til last minute.

Allow around 90 mins for the shower process assuming you’re going between 8am - 12pm.

Edited by vardyvarvar

21 hours ago, upshitcreek said:

I'd be interested to know how much this is, having to book a camper through someone else's reg as were on coach. We're taking the kids with us and it's just getting really complicated. This would sort us right out I think 

Love Fields Pitch Your Own starts at £675 for 2 people and a car....not a bad deal if you already have a tent and aren't fussed getting it up and down.

https://www.thelovefields.com/pitch-your-own

For anyone thinking about holding out for a last minute tent+ticket deal from Love Fields I tried this for 2019 and the response was a flat 'No, sorry'.  Prob even less likely for the 50th.

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Love Fields Pitch Your Own starts at £675 for 2 people and a car....not a bad deal if you already have a tent and aren't fussed getting it up and down.

For anyone thinking about holding out for a last minute tent+ticket deal from Love Fields I tried this for 2019 and the response was a flat 'No, sorry'.  Prob even less likely for the 50th.

They did last minute ticket + accommodation packages for 2019 because I opted for one, but there isn't a hope in hell they’d sell you a ticket + pitch your own, if that’s what you mean.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Willow Meadows is £450 for pitch your own and one car park ticket.

28 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I see that if you fill out their form with all the details they want it give them enough info, glasto number, post code address  to go onto see tickets and check your order. 

22 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They did last minute ticket + accommodation packages for 2019 because I opted for one, but there isn't a hope in hell they’d sell you a ticket + pitch your own, if that’s what you mean.

No...I mean they wouldn't drop the price for a last minute package booking...did you pay full or manage to negotiate? 

54 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No...I mean they wouldn't drop the price for a last minute package booking...did you pay full or manage to negotiate? 

Oh ok it got you. I did it the year before (Before the fallow year) and they had them after the main sale. Turns out I got tickets in the resale anyway so I needn’t have. Failed again for last year and enquires but they didn’t have any. They put me on a list and let me know when they got some early this year. Basically paid a bit less than they went on the advertise them for on Instagram in April/May time.

Luckily got tickets in the main sale this time so no need to entertain it. I guess it’s supply and demand, if they had some spare ticks and accommodation at the last minute they might drop a bit... but like you say, for the 50th is highly unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Patience isn’t one of my strong points!  If we don’t get WV then going to buy a new tent for next year, some decent bargains at the moment. 

Let me know if you need a hand ... can’t remember how it works ... but maybe my new found speed might work ...