Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

24 minutes ago, Havors said:

It was sat 27th last year... no chance of it being this saturday now with no details released. So running theory would be saturday after - 2nd November. 

Last year they announced on 24 October (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-fields-on-sale-on-saturday-27th/) for the sale on 27 October - so this weekend is still possible.

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Last year they announced on 24 October (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-fields-on-sale-on-saturday-27th/) for the sale on 27 October - so this weekend is still possible.

Oh wow i didnt realise it was that quick of a turn around!! So yeah possible.... although there is meant to be a priority coach ticket sale first? that may delay it? 

On 10/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, phillyfaddle said:

The 2 man scouts at WV are VERY spacious, but bring a ground sheet for the porch area. The grass was about 6" high this year, with a couple of weeds over 1ft by the time we moved in. Absolutely ample room inside. They're canvas so it means they don't get roasting hot either, so you can enjoy a bit of a lie in.

What are the prices like at WV? Back in 2016 I did TF but with the rain and the mud it was quite a hike back to TF. WV seems a possibility even though the hill is a little steep it should be OK.  

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

With no Mrs J in tow this year and mates who would never entertain the idea of WV I'm faced with camping down with the riff raff for the first time since 2014.

Not sure how I'll cope.

If we don't get a tipi I have actually convinced my lot to rejoin the riff-raff I'm looking forward to getting back inside the fence to be honest.

23 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

@HattersBoy here you go mate...

@vardyvarvar thanks for that, prices are more reasonable than some of the other options and we found ourselves more on the southern side of the site last time anyway. Just wait for the sale now. I assume even if we get a spot in WV we would still be able to use the lockups and have dumps of alcohol dotted around the site? 

2 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

@vardyvarvar thanks for that, prices are more reasonable than some of the other options and we found ourselves more on the southern side of the site last time anyway. Just wait for the sale now. I assume even if we get a spot in WV we would still be able to use the lockups and have dumps of alcohol dotted around the site? 

yes thats what many people do :) 

@ihopenot This is correct but worth noting the different catchment areas for local sale this year are separated by an hour. So I think WV could be coach tickets at say 9am and everyone else at say 10am. I’m sure both festival and see tickets want to get the business done in one go.

Edited by vardyvarvar

3 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Yes, and you get searched going into WV so there isn’t any extensive searches at Strummerville entrance - just a quick tug on the wristband and in you go. Passouts and searches needed for you to get to your car if driving.

Sorry for multipost spam. Last year we had 2x couples in 4-person scout. We managed to fit 4x small single airbeds across but those on the outside (me) had the canvas from the tent going approx 4inches from my face so got a little claustrophobic at times. I think we should have gone a little bigger and stored out kit on the outsides.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:20 PM, Neville Street said:

Love fields Pitch Your Own prices are not so bad, and the location is great, literally a few steps from PGC. We've booked a Pitch Your Own space for our motorhome instead of the bunfight for CV tickets and the risk of being parked miles from the gate. Shorter shower queues, clean loos, etc. It's a 5/6 night holiday next to a pop up city, the accommodation cost is acceptable.

I'd be interested to know how much this is, having to book a camper through someone else's reg as were on coach. We're taking the kids with us and it's just getting really complicated. This would sort us right out I think 

Been away for a bit apology haven't looked at messages but id rather be in the heat of things got to camp in the field for me don't get me wrong its hassle taking tent the sleep over the night before but actually you meet some fantastic folk and its 5 days of going back to basics trying to wash in the tent etc BUT when your set up and look around bloody fantastic its that thing where you think about got to go get ticket and getting out of your tent in the heart of the madness going around hearing the music its so totally worth it for me are struggle with my tent and i could not go and be camped away WHY its the only festival i know where you can park your home and enjoy meet and greet other bloody fantastic

So wouldn't do it any other way

Edited by Sally1999
  • Like 1

We're going to put our souls in the Ticket Gods' hands again and try and get tickets for WV. Mainly because we are coming from New Zealand so don't want to buy a tent and airbeds (which it looks like you hire there). We're heading back home on the Tuesday (48 hours of travel over three flights ?, might regret my scheduling) so won't really have time to find a home for them. For those who have stayed there before:

- What are the podpads like? Do they get hot quickly? They look like they would! I like how they have the storage under the bed option, and that they already come with airbeds. I've seen plenty of pictures but haven't seen too many reviews.

- If I want to book a two-person option, should I just go straight for a scout tent? My thinking is that there are more and seem to be the least popular. I'm worried if I try to get a bell tent or podpad it'll kick me out at the last minute and the all the scout tents will be gone.

We tried to get coach tickets but no joy, as we're planning on coaching anyway. I'm just so thankful we got tickets in the general sale!

Podpads are like huge dog kennels, they also get hot accordingly. Go for one of the canvas options - for about ten years 

5 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

We're going to put our souls in the Ticket Gods' hands again and try and get tickets for WV. Mainly because we are coming from New Zealand so don't want to buy a tent and airbeds (which it looks like you hire there). We're heading back home on the Tuesday (48 hours of travel over three flights ?, might regret my scheduling) so won't really have time to find a home for them. For those who have stayed there before:

- What are the podpads like? Do they get hot quickly? They look like they would! I like how they have the storage under the bed option, and that they already come with airbeds. I've seen plenty of pictures but haven't seen too many reviews.

- If I want to book a two-person option, should I just go straight for a scout tent? My thinking is that there are more and seem to be the least popular. I'm worried if I try to get a bell tent or podpad it'll kick me out at the last minute and the all the scout tents will be gone.

We tried to get coach tickets but no joy, as we're planning on coaching anyway. I'm just so thankful we got tickets in the general sale!

Podpads are like huge dog kennels and get hot accordingly - got for the one of the canvas options. For about ten years we camped on the main site, this year we did a scout tent at WV. Not only was it huge for two, this was the first time I was able to sleep past 8am or so; it just never got hot.

Edited by herzzreh

9 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Podpads are like huge dog kennels, they also get hot accordingly. Go for one of the canvas options - for about ten years 

Podpads are like huge dog kennels and get hot accordingly - got for the one of the canvas options. For about ten years we camped on the main site, this year we did a scout tent at WV. Not only was it huge for two, this was the first time I was able to sleep past 8am or so; it just never got hot.

Do you know if the 8 man is canvas it looks a bit like standard type