Worthy View (or alternatives)

BigMarv

22 minutes ago, UEF said:

What is the availability of Love Fields showers like?

Are we talking 'straight in' and nice inside, or 3 hour queue for one someone's done a poo in? 

Short queues, sometimes no queue, clean. Still switched off for 24hrs this year when the site wide reduction in water consumption was enforced.

Edited by Neville Street

17 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Short queues, sometimes no queue, clean. Still switched off for 24hrs this year when the site wide reduction in water consumption was enforced.

The showers were going all weekend at Sams Magic Hat, was an absolute life saver in that heat, you could only shower for 1 min though and the q had permission to tell people off if they took too long, was so funny. 

Charm x

13 minutes ago, Stu H said:

The Hill. THAT bad?! It's all I seem to read about, is it the same steepness as going up to the Glasto sign?

i.e. doable, but a bit of an effort and probably pretty difficult with a buggy etc?

No. From the bottom of Strummerville to Worth View itself, it's about 5 mins. People moaning about it must be horrendously unfit. I would barely class it as a slight annoyance.

Bit more difficult with a buggy - the walking trail has long steps - but there' s a smooth road next to the steps, so no big deal. The run from the Stone Circle up to Strummerville before you hit Worthy View may be an issue with mud, though.

image.thumb.png.b1b84ee635bb581e6e7977e32abf050b.png

Edited by majormajormajor

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

The Hill. THAT bad?! It's all I seem to read about, is it the same steepness as going up to the Glasto sign?

i.e. doable, but a bit of an effort and probably pretty difficult with a buggy etc?

Remember that the video starts from Pennard Hill Gate, ie right next to Strummerville, so you've probably already had a fairly significant climb to get that far.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:40 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just looked at their website and it looks like prices have gone up significantly again. It looks like you can get a bell tent for two for £1200 though, which isn’t that drastically different to WV.

The only thing I would say is that I bought one of their ticket packages about a month before for this years festival due to an epic fail for the first time in every sale.

I paid significantly less for the accommodation I stayed in compared to what they are advertising the same accommodation at for next year.

They also advertised a load of accommodation + ticket packages on Instagram a few weeks before this years festival.

Although demand for Glastonbury is at an all time high, the amount of tickets available is broadly speaking the same. Unless the demographic has shifted massively from this year to next, if they struggled to sell a lot of their accommodation for this year I don’t see how the price hike will be justified and not just lead to the same situation again.

Essentially I’d be amazed if there were not deals to be done with them, but it might mean waiting until nearer the festival to get them.

DNB, probably being a bit slow but what does a ticket package include?

thanks

1 hour ago, incident said:

Remember that the video starts from Pennard Hill Gate, ie right next to Strummerville, so you've probably already had a fairly significant climb to get that far.

Well if you will camp with the poshos, Glastonbury will at least make you work for it

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

I stayed in WV last year and the walk is absolutely fine. I’d describe myself as pretty unfit and it’s only a slight inconvenience.

We were only going up and down once a day so the Cider may have alleviated some of the pain!

I always wondered how much of a meal people were making it! The vids and pics don't make it look horrendous.

Lugging all your gear to Wicket Ground in 2017, on one of the hottest days of all time, with a 3 month old - THAT was hard work!

22 hours ago, UEF said:

Add Tangerine Fields and Love Fields to that list and those are the ones I know of 

There's Windinglake too. We stayed there in 2017 and had a great time (shuttle bus runs till 4a.m right next to Acoustic Tent). Like the look of Lovefields too, mainly because you come out right next to Gate C

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

I always wondered how much of a meal people were making it! The vids and pics don't make it look horrendous.

Lugging all your gear to Wicket Ground in 2017, on one of the hottest days of all time, with a 3 month old - THAT was hard work!

Fair point.

I should probably add we had to carry our stuff approx 100m from the car to WV entrance where we were met by some lovely sherpas with wheelbarrows who helped with our stuff. Forgot how easy that was so it slipped my mind!

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

Fair point.

I should probably add we had to carry our stuff approx 100m from the car to WV entrance where we were met by some lovely sherpas with wheelbarrows who helped with our stuff. Forgot how easy that was so it slipped my mind!

Without a doubt WV makes Wednesday and Monday so much easier if you are arriving by car. As for the hill, it's not that bad and you get used to it pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, incident said:

I filmed the video hoping it would be of use to people ?. Missed out on tickets for 2019, but struck lucky for 2020, but will probably be back camping within the festival.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at ziggucamp in a luxury tipi last year, have just booked there again for 2020 staying in one of their festihuts.

last year was first time we stayed there and a little dubious about all they promised but was not let down at all. Excellent facilities, great atmosphere, comfortable, clean, hot showers and flushing toilets 24/7. Was worried about the location and they’re promise of constant shuttle buses. But the pick up point was just outside pedestrian gate A - I guess about 8 min walk from John Peel right to the pick up point. Then a 3 min bus journey at most right to Ziggu. And honestly we never had to wait for a bus there was always one there. They worked on a system where a bus wouldn’t leave til the next one turned up so I think the max wait was 5 mins at most sat on the bus while they waited for the next to return. 

It cost us £1200 for 2 this year but over 5 nights that’s £120 each and for a proper bed, a wash, hot breakfast, bar etc etc and all other facilities I really think it’s a no brainer. Especially as you don’t need to bring or purchase any camping equipment with you at all just turn up with your ticket and clothes for the weekend 

13 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Does anyone know how quickly Worthy View sells out? Been to Glastonbury Festival a few times but normally pitch up in general camping so I have no idea what demand is like.  Thank you in advance for any responses. 

It sells out quickly, but there's usually more availability after the resale, then again in May

13 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Does anyone know how quickly Worthy View sells out? Been to Glastonbury Festival a few times but normally pitch up in general camping so I have no idea what demand is like.  Thank you in advance for any responses. 

it sells out pretty quickly (1st day)  and if you are after a bell tent (the canvas rather than Glastonbury Bell) you'd have to be quick off the mark. Scouts take longer to go so you should be fine to get one of those.

That said tents quite often spring back up for sale as people change their plans or find they have over-ordered etc. 

28 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Cheers, guys.  Just considering booking something for 2 of us so imagine a scout tent will be fine. 

The 2 man scouts at WV are VERY spacious, but bring a ground sheet for the porch area. The grass was about 6" high this year, with a couple of weeds over 1ft by the time we moved in. Absolutely ample room inside. They're canvas so it means they don't get roasting hot either, so you can enjoy a bit of a lie in.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:02 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

We're staying in Tangerine Fields this year. Did WV for a few years but recently made the switch to TF because it avoids another stressful 'ticket day'.

So you can get a ticket with Tangerine fields without having to get one via the 9am sunday sale?

8 hours ago, SCG88 said:

I stayed at ziggucamp in a luxury tipi last year, have just booked there again for 2020 staying in one of their festihuts.

last year was first time we stayed there and a little dubious about all they promised but was not let down at all. Excellent facilities, great atmosphere, comfortable, clean, hot showers and flushing toilets 24/7.

Sold! I’ve just booked ZigguCamp in a 4-person bell tent off the back of this review.

I couldn’t go through WV-day stresses after t-day this year...

• 2 weeks later...