Best late-night spots

MaxPower

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There's the new venue in the Park, The Wormhole, for late night jazz if that's your thing. Saw The Comet Is Coming there this year which was ace.

Yeah loved the Wormhole this year, and would also highly recommend Small World for brilliant late night live music, great coffee, and sunken fires to huddle around 

1 hour ago, billum said:

Yeah loved the Wormhole this year, and would also highly recommend Small World for brilliant late night live music, great coffee, and sunken fires to huddle around 

Small World is one of my favourite places, any time of the day or night. I’ve seen some really good acts there too. Nice place to chill too. 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I never made it into the Wormhole. What time did it shut?

Pretty sure it was on til 6 the main nights. It had a massive queue the couple of times I looked at it late on, which my mates would never have put up with - I’d have gone for a little solo adventure but my phone was screwed most of the time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

SEC was a piece of piss to get into this year as well wasnt it. No cursh or queues - this year it was busy but seemed less rammed than previous as a bit bereft of new ideas as well tbh.

Probably because the heat would have knackered out a lot of people. Imagine quite a few wouldn't have bothered if they'd been going hard at it all day

6 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Probably because the heat would have knackered out a lot of people. Imagine quite a few wouldn't have bothered if they'd been going hard at it all day

Was easy to get into: IICON, block 9 & unfairground were fine, but Shangri La was far too busy on Saturday night. Only took a few steps and sacked it off

Another vote for the rabbit hole. I got in without queuing on the Sunday this year. I head fancy dress might help you skip the line so I'm going to bring fancy dress this year that might help me skip the queue again. 

The temple afterwards for the sunrise was pretty great. 

I couldnt really vibe at Iconn... felt too open for me. Usually I like block9 but this year we were hanging out with a group that didnt really like dancing and I didnt realize until 6am on Friday night that I hadn't been dancing. Saturday started out at Pangea and then was spent mostly at the Truth stage but again not really my favorite. One of the nights (I think Friday) we started out somewhere in silver hayes and the crowd was a bit intense, then I think the same night we did Fatboy at the Glade which was amazing. 

I should really start writing a mini journal because things do start to blur a bit!

Ooooh there is just soooo much to do.

we tend to head to bars for a bit after bands finish to let the crowds ease in SE corner - so maybe the theatre bar where they let me dance on the tables or Avalon for a chill. Anywhere round Park is class. Then we head over to SE corner and get out dancing shoes on. Temple always has a massive queue but it’s ace! I love the Rum shak as it’s so random and unfairground captured my heart many moons ago. 

11 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Yeah, probably. Never saw a queue at the barrier once - just strolled in each time and and late times too.

21 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I think I remember reading it’ll be something new from the same team. Hopefully they keep the same bookers as they always have a great lineup.

Have heard the same exact thing by someone whom I met at a party. Said he works for them, and that it's still them there, just a new name and stage will look a bit different (didn't sound like it was changing a whole lot though).

4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

The Common feels a little sparse without it, imo. Fewer, bigger stages is probably more practical in terms of crowd control and booking acts, but it does lose a bit of the character.

smaller venues much better ... I remember a venue in the dance village called Miniscule of sound ... perfect for my shit  dancing :) 

Missing out this year was hard.... but reading this has got me excited for having the new venues from this year as well as whatever they concoct for 2020 to look forward to! :)

I hope Al Doyle is DJing at the Crows Nest on the Thursday night again... Seems like it was a great night for that again this year.

I’m glad the beat hotel is changing if I’m honest, shame it doesn’t sound like it’s changing much though.

It was always a bit of weird one, for some reason we always seemed to head there first on a Wednesday, but then we never wanted to go near the place for the rest of the festival after that.

Was definitely easier to get into the SE corner this year though, never had a problem, they definitely seemed to make a conscious effort to point out it wasn’t the only place to go after dark. 

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m glad the beat hotel is changing if I’m honest, shame it doesn’t sound like it’s changing much though.

It was always a bit of weird one, for some reason we always seemed to head there first on a Wednesday, but then we never wanted to go near the place for the rest of the festival after that.

Was definitely easier to get into the SE corner this year though, never had a problem, they definitely seemed to make a conscious effort to point out it wasn’t the only place to go after dark. 

What didn't you like about the Beat Hotel?  Just wondering.  Personally it felt to me like a big wide-open space and not that appealing.  I don't understand why it's changing name if it's essentially the same folk behind it again?  To be fair to them the line up is always most impressive.  Is there any sort of map of the various late night places being mentioned?  I was at the Park on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night but genuinely couldn't tell you where "The Wormhole" is!  Is it maybe where I watched Henge at 2 or 3am on the Thursday? 

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

What didn't you like about the Beat Hotel?  Just wondering.  Personally it felt to me like a big wide-open space and not that appealing.  I don't understand why it's changing name if it's essentially the same folk behind it again?  To be fair to them the line up is always most impressive.  Is there any sort of map of the various late night places being mentioned?  I was at the Park on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night but genuinely couldn't tell you where "The Wormhole" is!  Is it maybe where I watched Henge at 2 or 3am on the Thursday? 

I don’t know really, Its hard to explain, as I mentioned weirdly when we arrive at Glastonbury it’s our go to place, I like house music so I guess it’s a case of knowing you’ll get that there and there will be a big crowd of people as well.

I think then overall  I realise it’s not that far removed from certain places in ‘real life’ and that actually there is a not more to see and do elsewhere that’s a bit more interesting.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, Simpo said:

Missing out this year was hard.... but reading this has got me excited for having the new venues from this year as well as whatever they concoct for 2020 to look forward to! :)

I hope Al Doyle is DJing at the Crows Nest on the Thursday night again... Seems like it was a great night for that again this year.

One of my highlights. Dragged a couple of my mates away from the BBC Introducing and we all loved it; especially when he dropped Hungry Child.