Best late-night spots

MaxPower

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

The tents Green Futures are lots of fun and open through the night. 

Charm x

I agree. The Green Fields are always fun til the early hours and has some of the more crazy stuff going on, and often isn't too busy. Some great years have ended with Tankus the Henge at like 3am in the Green Fields.

I also remember 'raving' in an almost empty tent to the Pink Panther theme tune. Then walking outside and bumping into Pip the Human Jukebox. Very surreal.

Hands down the Rabbit Hole (imo)  ? ? Yes there's usually a massive queue, but if you compare it what it offers and the experience in contrast to somewhere like the Secret Piano Bar, the fun to be had in there is something else. Managed to catch Coxy's 2am secret set there this year, that will stay with me forever. ?

9 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Generally was up at Block 9 past 3am most nights, but the beat hotel was amazing too. next year aiming to actually queue to get into fun things which I refused to do this year!

Have to say the amount of space at the new IICON venue was a godsend for the SEC this year. Way more pleasant than some previous experiences.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have to say the amount of space at the new IICON venue was a godsend for the SEC this year. Way more pleasant than some previous experiences.

IICON was generally one of the most talked about stages by our group post-festival. the little weird one way path system was a bit intense at times up there - may have been due to my consumption though

Always stay until the music ends at Shagri-la/Block 9 etc.  Then go to the stone circle and spazz out for a few more hours. its a great place to sell laughing gas too, as everyone wants some at that time of the morning after a heavy night on the pills.

I tend to head to the SE corner later on in the evening, so all the people who don't actually dance or get involved have gone off to bed, leaving space for the real ravers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This year we did loads more late night areas than i'd done before, mainly around The Park area as we were camped in South Park. Crow's Nest was rammed for Snapped Ankles at maybe 3am, and was pretty nuts. Ditto Stanton Warriors and John Fairhurst late night sets in the Bimble Inn. Plus we saw Dead Don't Die at Cinerammageddon on the Thursday, which considering the quality of the film (not a good film, but very weird) was the perfect time to see it.

2019 felt very much like they tried to spread out the late night stuff across the site more, which just added to the fun of wandering around. Got lucky in the sale yesterday so can't wait to see all the replacements/additions for the 50th, and hopefully the trend of spreading things out will continue.

16 minutes ago, matichin said:

This year we did loads more late night areas than i'd done before, mainly around The Park area as we were camped in South Park. Crow's Nest was rammed for Snapped Ankles at maybe 3am, and was pretty nuts. Ditto Stanton Warriors and John Fairhurst late night sets in the Bimble Inn. Plus we saw Dead Don't Die at Cinerammageddon on the Thursday, which considering the quality of the film (not a good film, but very weird) was the perfect time to see it.

2019 felt very much like they tried to spread out the late night stuff across the site more, which just added to the fun of wandering around. Got lucky in the sale yesterday so can't wait to see all the replacements/additions for the 50th, and hopefully the trend of spreading things out will continue.

I also was there on the Thursday night sitting in the Van from Scooby Doo! The film was so bad but the experience was great and one i'll definetly repeat next year.

One of my promises to the ticket gods was to re watch this film on my next work trip if i was successful.

Delighted that i have to sit through this rubbish again on Sunday! 

19 minutes ago, matichin said:

Yeah I hope it's even more spread out - honestly the post-headliner crowd walking from Other Stage to SE Corner along the railroad was crazy and borderline dangerous. 

I'd like to see something done to reduce all the crowds heading in that direction at the same time.