Campervans

Brad2434

So this year I’ve opted to rent a campervan for the week and I’ve got a few questions. Is it easy enough to purchase a campervan pass? What time are you allowed in on the Tuesday usually? Is the site open to wander round or are you restricted to the campervan field? Also how easy is it to camp in campervan east, is it sign posted as you get towards Glastonbury? 

Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I know people who haven't got a campervan ticket despite trying from when the sale opens, however it's still nowhere near as difficult as ticket day.

Likely going on sale later this month.

they came on sale multiple times for this year, and not always for short periods either (one occasion was for several days).

So as long as you're paying attention there's no reason to miss out. Use an alerter (such as https://www.checkpage.co.uk) and there's no reason not to get one.

41 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Where did you rent from ?

I live in the north east so rented from a company based in Northallerton called luxury motorhome to hire. 

26 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Have a think about which campervan field you want to be in too.  We did it this year and had a great time in campervan west, arriving the Tuesday was completely fuss free and had a BBQ and a few drinks while the sun set with our new neighbours. 

West is Best !

I spend a lot of time around Glasto Latino and always end the night in the south east corner so I think east would suit me more! 

Cheers for the answers to the other questions! I’m pretty sure they go on sale on Sunday 27th along with worthy view. 

Just to add to Neils first post above 

CV fields open officially at noon.

That's noon on the Tuesday.

Also it may be worth adding last year the West C'van fields didn't sell out until well into 2019 (after going on sale in Oct 2018)

1 hour ago, Staberinde said:

Just to add to Neils first post above 

That's noon on the Tuesday.

Also it may be worth adding last year the West C'van fields didn't sell out until well into 2019 (after going on sale in Oct 2018)

even on the Friday of the festival this year there was loads and loads of space left in west.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

Cheers for the answers to the other questions! I’m pretty sure they go on sale on Sunday 27th along with worthy view. 

Have you seen the date confirmed somewhere? I didn't think they'd announced it yet.  It was Saturday 27th October last year.  Keen to get it in the diary if we know it already :-)  

2 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Have a think about which campervan field you want to be in too.  We did it this year and had a great time in campervan west, arriving the Tuesday was completely fuss free and had a BBQ and a few drinks while the sun set with our new neighbours. 

West is Best !

Hi,

do you have to choose which campervan field when you purchase the tickets?

If it follows last years options:-

West CV,

East Quiet (Family),

East Standard,

Bath & West

Bath & West for vehicles > 7M long.

West CV sells out really quickly as it's so small, then East Quiet (as it's fields are nearer to Ped-C). Even in Resale there were spaces in East CV & B&W.

All vehicles > 7M are supposed to go to B&W by default.

Take a good look at the site map and work out if West or East CV is best for you (B&W sucks as its a 15 minute shuttle bus ride to/from PED-A but has a toilet/shower block and quick exit to the A37).

Just for some caravaners peace of mind.

A few years ago they banned all campervans, motor homes and caravans over 7 meters long from the east and west traditional c'van fields and sent them to the Bath and West Showground. 

I reckon this was just to control and put off some of the behemoth monsters coming in such as massive American style motorhomes with electrical fold out rooms or even massive lorry size conversions.

If you count the towbar on my caravan it's actually 7.5 meters long, but as its just 'another' caravan none of the stewards have even given it a second glance 

Edited by Staberinde
forgot to put - over 7 meters long

37 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Just for some caravaners peace of mind.

A few years ago they banned all campervans, motor homes and caravans from the east and west traditional c'van fields and sent them to the Bath and West Showground. 

I reckon this was just to control and put off some of the behemoth monsters coming in such as massive American style motorhomes with electrical fold out rooms or even massive lorry size conversions.

If you count the towbar on my caravan it's actually 7.5 meters long, but as its just 'another' caravan none of the stewards have even given it a second glance 

Yeh I’ve just checked the specs on the one I’ve rented and it says it’s 7.3m long, so I should still be cool getting into CV east? 

5 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

West is Best !

I always reckon to opt for the side of the festival you are most likely to end up in at the end of the night - that way you've got a shorter journey home when you might feel tired and emotional.  So, for example, if you are an Acoustic Stage person East would be preferable.

There will be talk of the Hill of Death back up to CV East but think of it as the Slope of Mild Inconvenience.  Just take it steadily and pace yourself.  And the view from the top of the hill is magnificent.

For anyone who's not bought one before, take care that you don't buy too many. You can only buy 1 per transaction, choosing between East, West and the showground, but there's no limit to how many you can get in total. So, you could get them all for your convoy, or by mistake your mate could get you an extra one if you don't watch out for your group helping to get a ticket.

They do sell out on the day, but pop back up regularly afterwards as the extra or the unwanted get refunded.

7 minutes ago, carlosj said:

For anyone who's not bought one before, take care that you don't buy too many. You can only buy 1 per transaction, choosing between East, West and the showground, but there's no limit to how many you can get in total. So, you could get them all for your convoy, or by mistake your mate could get you an extra one if you don't watch out for your group helping to get a ticket.

They do sell out on the day, but pop back up regularly afterwards as the extra or the unwanted get refunded.

was a few up for sale earlier this year a couple of weeks prior

I presume Bath and West is less popular than the 'proper' sites so should be relatively easy to get hold of? All the reports on here about there seem pretty favourable in terms of how often and quick the shuttle is. 

We have a trailer tent and used East in 2016 but have a little one now and having access to showers to rinse the mud off them at the end of the day appeals. 

The only downside might be being dropped the 'wrong' (for kids field) side of the site, they don't do drops to gates other than A do they?

Edited by Lostnotfound

11 minutes ago, Lostnotfound said:

I presume Bath and West is less popular than the 'proper' sites so should be relatively easy to get hold of? All the reports on here about there seem pretty favourable in terms of how often and quick the shuttle is. 

We have a trailer tent and used East in 2016 but have a little one now and having access to showers to rinse the mud off them at the end of the day appeals. 

The only downside might be being dropped the 'wrong' (for kids field) side of the site, they don't do drops to gates other than A do they?

Bath and West is great, showers and toilets are clean and the queues are pretty short. Gate A is the only drop off so you're right when you say it is a bit of a hike. We have also stayed in East Quite/Family and found it excellent, though there are no facilities like showers.

• Like 1