Missing confirmation emails?

morph100

Well seetickets have dug their heels in and said unlucky, even if it failed after booking complete, try the resale.

emailed Glastonbury they said same.

so even after proof of booking complete from web files, screenshots of WhatsApp etc. It didn’t matter if it fails it fails.

next year even if I get booking complete I will try for my tickets a second time to be sure. 

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Well seetickets have dug their heels in and said unlucky, even if it failed after booking complete, try the resale.

emailed Glastonbury they said same.

so even after proof of booking complete from web files, screenshots of WhatsApp etc. It didn’t matter if it fails it fails.

next year even if I get booking complete I will try for my tickets a second time to be sure. 

Isn't the problem that your proof wasn't proof enough? I just ask for our future peace of mind- was the issue that they accepted you had proved beyond doubt that you had got the confirmation screen, but the card declined so they can't so anything, or was the issue that WhatsApp messages saying you'd got the tickets, plus web cache files, etc wasn't deemed sufficient proof, and so they just politely worded it?

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

did the web files have a confirmation number?

I think it was there but encrypted I tried searching for the confirmation number I got for my tickets but couldnt find it. They did have 3 lots of booking complete pages though. When I opened them though it was mainly encrypted with a bit of stuff I could read.

seetickets said it didn’t matter though, even with the proof of booking complete it didn’t complete on their side, they have no more tickets to give out so only option is try the resale

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Isn't the problem that your proof wasn't proof enough? I just ask for our future peace of mind- was the issue that they accepted you had proved beyond doubt that you had got the confirmation screen, but the card declined so they can't so anything, or was the issue that WhatsApp messages saying you'd got the tickets, plus web cache files, etc wasn't deemed sufficient proof, and so they just politely worded it?

Card wasn’t declined bank said they never tried to take the money, it just didn’t process their side is all I got

I have to say considering they have admitted they can see the booking complete page 3 separate times in the cache you sent them I'm surprised they haven't sorted something out for you. It's fairly exceptional circumstances so it's not like it would open the floodgates if they did.

Edited by DareToDibble

5 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I think it was there but encrypted I tried searching for the confirmation number I got for my tickets but couldnt find it. They did have 3 lots of booking complete pages though. When I opened them though it was mainly encrypted with a bit of stuff I could read.

seetickets said it didn’t matter though, even with the proof of booking complete it didn’t complete on their side, they have no more tickets to give out so only option is try the resale

Does this imply that even if you did have the screenshot and order number, it wouldn't matter? Since it didn't complete on their side and they have no more tickets to give out? This is so awful.

Just now, Kashkin said:

Does this imply that even if you did have the screenshot and order number, it wouldn't matter? Since it didn't complete on their side and they have no more tickets to give out? This is so awful.

I think if I had the reference number they might have done something more, but they could get the reference number out those files if they really wanted. 

it’s more a case of lots of people lost out to technical issues mine was just later in the process. Once all the tickets are sold they can’t do anything.

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I have to say considering they have admitted they can see the booking complete page 3 separate times in the cache you sent them I'm surprised they haven't sorted something out for you. It's fairly exceptional circumstances so it's not like it would open the floodgates if they did.

Yeah that’s what I was hoping and fighting for but even with all the evidence it was a sorry no.

9 minutes ago, morph100 said:

This is b*llocks. Why would you be given a booking CONFIRMATION screen if the booking wasn't CONFIRMED. Extra emphasis on the word confirmation / confirmed there..

Fair enough if the bank rejects the transaction, that's not See's issue. But giving you a booking complete page implies that a booking has been made against your registrations. Absolute nonsense..

Gutted for you Morph

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

It's very similar to what happened to me for you last year apart from that final screen never loaded - address bar said complete.

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It's very similar to what happened to me for you last year apart from that final screen never loaded - address bar said complete.

Yeah I was thinking that when I typed it. Absolutely soul destroying so I know exactly how you feel @morph100

As others have said I get the website struggling to get you onto the holiday page etc but it doesn’t seem right that you can get to payment and still not end up with a ticket.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Yup and so would I after reading this.

If a failed booking complete page is indistinguishable from a successful booking complete page, why would anyone trying for tickets stop after seeing the booking complete page (until their confirmation email arrives)?

If everyone who has tickets keeps going round again until they get to the reg page and their numbers show up as being booked or their email shows up, I would imagine it will add to the server load and chaos of ticket day, not to mention taking server slots away from others who are still trying to get tickets.

It might actually be in seeTickets interest to try and get a handle on this specific issue rather shrugging their shoulders. Not that I think for 1 second they will.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

it’s more a case of lots of people lost out to technical issues mine was just later in the process. Once all the tickets are sold they can’t do anything.

Surely they could do something if they really wanted to, you've got near 100% legitimate proof that you received a booking complete page. Absolutely snide from Seetickets here. You're not telling me that there isn't a little pool of tickets that are kept aside for reasons like this. I know it's near impossible but if you could get your story higher up the ladder you might get more chance of success.  

Edited by lukethekid

Makes no sense you saw a confirmation yet they dont don't have a booking. I didn't even get a booking complete page after payment crashed and had to go back through trying to get a reg page up just so I could check if reg numbers were used already. So had I not got a confirmation email, the picture I took saying payment already processed wouldn't have been accepted as proof by them ?

15 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Publicise it. No company likes negative PR, least of all See who make little out of the Glasto sale themselves and do it all for the corporate publicity and kudos.

I'm not sure that's the right tactic in such a scenario, for a number of reasons.

16 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Why.

1.  I think that would be counter-productive to any sympathetic response, either from the festival and see themselves or from the general public - who are far less familiar with the process than those here and would not understand the fine points of the issue or that it's a more deserving case than their own failures to purchase tickets this year.

2.  Don't they explicitly say that your order isn't confirmed until you've received the confirmation email?  Without the number it's a very difficult investigation.