Beauty job

Sarla Parsons

36 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I think you'd contact the festival as a trader, on their website.

Yep - and I'd strongly suggest looking at what smaller festivals you could try first. The pitch fees at Glastonbury can be huge, and may bankrupt you if you don't know what to expect.

• Upvote 2

On 10/6/2019 at 3:06 PM, incident said:

Yep - and I'd strongly suggest looking at what smaller festivals you could try first. The pitch fees at Glastonbury can be huge, and may bankrupt you if you don't know what to expect.

And there are at least 2 beauty boutiques at Glastonbury now maybe ask them... 

It's funny watching all the lovely girls getting their hair done and make up in the boutique when it's pissing down with rain out side.... Get on its a festival and you look good anyway... Lol

Good luck tho 

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, YanoNino said:

I see it’s been a while, but I’d like to chime in and share some ideas. You might want to reach out to the festival organizers and inquire about setting up a booth or space where you can offer your services to get started. They should be able to provide you with the necessary information and requirements.

its been so damn long hedge trimmers are no fonder fit for purpose 

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

I am still not surprised that @Yoghurt on a Stickis an uninsured artist on the lash....

Hello BlueDaze,

Thank you for that which I will, naturally, take as a compliment. 😊

However, I was insured for my art and craft works one year. It was a case of necessity, as it was a demand of The Landed Festival, where I was trading at.* 

http://www.landedfestival.co.uk/

it was liability insurance or some such, that cost me around £60.**

* - Landed is a lovely festival. I have been a number of times, but never had to pay full whack. Full whack does seem to be steep to me looking at it now, but the way things are with inflation, is it really, I wonder?

** - I ended up getting annihilated at that festival from the 'get go'. That, in turn, resulted in me giving away all my art and craft products. I only took one £10 note from a bloke who simply would not take 'It's free' for an answer. 

So, strangely enough, I managed to make a significant loss on trading at that festival. Not only did I lose out spending an unnecessary £60 on insurance, but gave away art / craft objects, some of which cost me easily £30 each to make in the first place, let alone all my input time.

Now, that might sound like I am annoyed. I wasn't annoyed then, and am still in that state. I realise that I got much more from giving away, than I did from selling.***

*** - Maybe that does make me some sort of capitalist, after all. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello BlueDaze,

Thank you for that which I will, naturally, take as a compliment. 😊

However, I was insured for my art and craft works one year. It was a case of necessity, as it was a demand of The Landed Festival, where I was trading at.* 

http://www.landedfestival.co.uk/

it was liability insurance or some such, that cost me around £60.**

* - Landed is a lovely festival. I have been a number of times, but never had to pay full whack. Full whack does seem to be steep to me looking at it now, but the way things are with inflation, is it really, I wonder?

** - I ended up getting annihilated at that festival from the 'get go'. That, in turn, resulted in me giving away all my art and craft products. I only took one £10 note from a bloke who simply would not take 'It's free' for an answer. 

So, strangely enough, I managed to make a significant loss on trading at that festival. Not only did I lose out spending an unnecessary £60 on insurance, but gave away art / craft objects, some of which cost me easily £30 each to make in the first place, let alone all my input time.

Now, that might sound like I am annoyed. I wasn't annoyed then, and am still in that state. I realise that I got much more from giving away, than I did from selling.***

*** - Maybe that does make me some sort of capitalist, after all. 

art for the masses... you are a visionary (even if your vision was a bit wonky)

15 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

art for the masses... you are a visionary (even if your vision was a bit wonky)

It would be fair to say that I have had vision in a wonky state, more so than I care to remember - or, at least, can remember.

I made a load of heads (about 30 No.), and gave them all away too - as I do with most of my 'work'. I find homes for them, rather than try to flog them. An example (see below).*

* - They are by no means, all rubber 'orientated'.**

** - Guess what? Nor am I - given that I have posted this as my avatar photo a number of times, that might to difficult to believe. I don't care. Nor should you. I would like to walk down King's Heath High Street (Birmingham), and straight into the police station at the bottom (a place where I should have a blue plaque, if there was any justice - geddit! lol) sporting such attire. I would then ask them if they knew the nearest directions to the toilets at Kings Heath Park.

cursed_costume : r/cursedimages

IMG_2372.JPG

On 10/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, Sarla Parsons said:

I’m a qualified lash artist with valid insurance cover. I’d like to offer lash extensions as a treatment for festival goers. How do I go about this?

Hi Sarla, I agree with incident. You would need to contact glastonbury direct but trying a smaller festival would be a good start. Glastonbury seems to require big money up front. But ask and you will find out? Good luck Sarla. Go for it if you can make a living out of festivals! Why not