Spice girls are rumoured

glastofun

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not been set up by a Melanie Brown by any chance?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

102 signatures in 48 hours.

Catching fire this one…

I've got nothing against Spice Girls. Not my bag, but they're fine, and I wouldn't object to them playing the Legend spot. I'd likely be elsewhere, but you never know.

What I object to is the line-up being decided by online petitions, likely signed by people who won't actually be going. Even if this got 100,000 signatures, it should be ignored. Because the next thing is BTS headlining...

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I've got nothing against Spice Girls. Not my bag, but they're fine, and I wouldn't object to them playing the Legend spot. I'd likely be elsewhere, but you never know.

What I object to is the line-up being decided by online petitions, likely signed by people who won't actually be going. Even if this got 100,000 signatures, it should be ignored. Because the next thing is BTS headlining...

I saw it shared twice on Twitter (before I did), both from blokes posting almost exclusively about The Spice Girls and one of them was the fella who started the petition. No mention from either they were going to Glastonbury. I was tempted to ask but thought it best not to engage for fear of a mega fan onslaught.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The idea of it is probably a good idea or some people but them singing/miming away to 2 Become 1, Goodbye and Mama in front of 80k is weak tea.  

Who Do You think You Are a good tune for the security tiktok dance BBC highlights though. 

As others have said, stick them on in the Sunday afternoon and I'm sure they would go down a storm.

I'd be perfectly happy elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like they’ll be back on tour again soon.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/spice-girls-announce-global-deal-070100897.html

Don’t think there’s any real danger to us but it’ll almost certainly mean a lot of tabloid speculation and Mel B desperately trying to make something happen.

I wonder if a few years of Mel basically begging to play will turn Emily’s hand if Glasto just want a gigantic divisive act. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if a few years of Mel basically begging to play will turn Emily’s hand if Glasto just want a gigantic divisive act. 

I’m sure they’ll go down an absolute storm as a Sunday afternoon act three or four years from now.

They’ll never headline outright, but a legends performance would be pretty big.