1 tab 1 browser 1 device

Nutella Versace

3 laptops, but one wifi one tethered to work phone and one tethered to personal phone, so operating off 3 connections.

Wifi wasn't getting past error page, so reconnected to the personal phone. 

One of them got through once, amazingly the one I changed halfway through. 

All of them just operating Chrome with a single tab.

Had multiple devices, but following ideas from here I totally dedicated myself to refreshing as soon as page loaded on a single browser on each device. I had 1 phone (4G), 2 ipads (1 wifi, 1 wifi VPN), 1 laptop (LAN). I am pretty sure that will have given me 4 IP addresses. Systematically refreshing as frequently as possible. Most of the time I had 1 or 2 of them in a Queuing page which I would refresh but sometimes they got kicked out back to totally blank. I got the booking page on the wifi iPad at 0912 and received the email confirmation at 0918. Kept trying for friends, but did send a couple of quick WhatsApps once my families tickets were confirmed.

I believe it is total luck, each refresh is its own "lottery ticket" with the same odds. I device on autorefresh gets 3 tickets a minute (one every 20 seconds). 4 devices on auto is 12 tickets a minute. 25 minutes or so today is 300 chances to get a booking page. If I can increase through manual refreshing the 4 devices I might get that to over 1,500 chances, certainly I think it's possible to get to over 1,000 chances.

This is the first time I have got tickets myself in several years, very relieved.

Had a line up with multiple browsers on Chrome, Edge etc, phones on 4g, another laptop going via VPN. Everything crashed! 

Eventually got through at 9.20 on the Chrome VPN route. Got details in, took 5 mins to get to address page, but couldn't access the payment page despite going backwards and forwards (like the website says) for 13 mins till sell out...

If I'd refreshed at that payment hang up...?

57 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Me. Safari browser, single tab on a Mac, just kept refreshing on the holding page and got in around 09:15

Exactly the same for me. Refreshed every couple of seconds. This morning, home Wifi connection dropped after registration details entered but hit backpage and details retained ok. Put in spaces within 16 digit card number in error but page flagged incorrect format. Corrected and booking concluded. In total, 4 coach and 6 general tickets bagged with the 1 tab/browser/ip method. Similar process followed last year. 

Yep, My wired desktop through Opera (and my OS is still Vista).

Was pretty much straight through to the holding page at 09:00:01 and just kept manually refreshing. Got kicked out after not very long so closed browser and started again. Took an age to get the holding page again, then just persisted with F5.

When I got the booking page I had none of the bother that others are mentioning and it was all plain sailing.

I then clicked back and got the holding page (rather than enter details page, they've closed that loophole) and after a few minutes F5ing got through to bag another six for a colleague, again with no drama (apart from shaking like an adrenaline addled loon).

1 Safari browser on my wife's Macbook via wifi was successful. Got in pretty much straight away with minimum f5ing, was going to let it run itself but my patience got the better of me a couple of times. Used the same tactic in last year's sale and resale and was successful both times.

I did also have my laptop with 1 browser tab going via wifi, and couldn't get past the holding page, but it didn't seem to make a difference for the Macbook. This was the same last year.

Surely multiple tabs and browsers on 1 device is just going to make your connection slower.

It seems the 1 browser and 1 tab is sound advice but you may get away with 2 devices via the same internet connection.

Edited by Johnnyseven

15 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

I'm amazed people get through on Safari, I think it's a bag of crap as a browser.

Doesn't need to be a good browser. The site isn't doing anything fancy, pretty much any browser that supports TLS 1.2, meaning nearly everything updated in the last 10 years, should work.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

1 tab 1 browser 1 device every year for me between the general sale and the resale trying for friends I’ve got a set of tickets every single year. I click refresh non stop for 30 mins. Not a single pause. 

Excellent, and this is what I was trying to get through to my group who insist on WhatsApp and imessage chatting during the sale. Every refresh is a fresh chance to "win", don't stop until it's sold out!!!!!!

Got through on iPad using one Safari tab, manually refreshing every 5 seconds or so. Had holding page constantly until 09.21 when booking page appeared. When processing payments, screen froze for about 10 seconds then eventually went through fine.

My wife used a MacBook with Safari and had no luck, holding page only.

We attempted to set our phones up as back-up - were going to get onto the holding page and just let them auto-refresh every 20 seconds...but neither of us got onto the holding page.

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One 4g phone and a pc cabled into the hub.  Ditched an I pad after 15 minutes to concentrate on pc. Refresh every five secs. Thought I had blown it when I got a timed out message after hitting pay now. Was devastated until about quarter to ten when I checked my e mails and saw a confirmation that I had got our tickets. Never felt so happy. Commiserations to those loyal e festers who failed   Anyone need help come the resale? 

Congrats on getting tickets! If you are able to help in the resale we would very much appreciate it (there’s 2 of us and we will be trying in the coach resale, then general resale if that’s not successful). I got to enter our registrations, the site froze, hit back and got back to the reg page. This happened four more times then got kicked off the page completely and had to start all over. By the time we got back on it had sold out. I think I finally gave up and stopped hitting refresh at about 10.30am?? Devastated! But so happy for everyone who got them.

We have been each year since 2011 and want to be there so badly for the 50th bash. If you do have any space to help in the resale we’d be eternally grateful ❤️

3 minutes ago, Woolie09 said:

Congrats on getting tickets! If you are able to help in the resale we would very much appreciate it (there’s 2 of us and we will be trying in the coach resale, then general resale if that’s not successful). I got to enter our registrations, the site froze, hit back and got back to the reg page. This happened four more times then got kicked off the page completely and had to start all over. By the time we got back on it had sold out. I think I finally gave up and stopped hitting refresh at about 10.30am?? Devastated! But so happy for everyone who got them.

We have been each year since 2011 and want to be there so badly for the 50th bash. If you do have any space to help in the resale we’d be eternally grateful ❤️

Check out resale thread. Nearer the resale time help will be on offer.  Think there’s a spreadsheet you can add reg numbers. Will keep an eye on it