1 tab 1 browser 1 device

Nutella Versace

Not an expert but I think the reasoning is that multiple devices on the same connection/browsers on a device will all have the same IP address, and so won't necessarily give you 'extra chances'. 

I believe there may be workarounds however, for example use wifi on a computer/laptop and 4g on mobiles, also certain browsers (chrome and Firefox) have VPN extensions so you can have a diff IPs coming from the same device

I got through...phone, tablet, laptop, only the laptop got a holding page...and on the laptop I had a chrome tab, an incognito chrome tab, and an edge browser, all with holding pages but I was only continuously refreshing 1 at a time... if 1 started taking a bit long to load I would refresh a different one while waiting!

Unfortunately I could only rely on a  Wi-Fi connection that is hostel shared. My phone on the other hand that has data yourself got nowhere. 

A friend back in the UK also saw nothing but the countdown 20 second page so I still got further than him right out in Oz on a tablet with shared Wi-Fi.

Single page on Firefox, dodgy WiFi , on shonky laptop. No refreshing. Only when I came to enter the post codes did I remember that my Q button doesn’t work so had to open a tab and type in “ueen ” to find a page to copy and paste.

Then got through and one reg number was wrong so decided to go through without number 6 of the group. Cards details in and it hung. It said 3 mins left. So went back and put card details in again. Then it said 4 mins and hung. I left it and it eventually went through.

someone else got the number 6. They had given us the wrong number. They were VERY lucky 

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Single page on Firefox, dodgy WiFi , on shonky laptop. No refreshing. Only when I came to enter the post codes did I remember that my Q button doesn’t work so had to open a tab and type in “ueen ” to find a page to copy and paste.

Then got through and one reg number was wrong so decided to go through without number 6 of the group. Cards details in and it hung. It said 3 mins left. So went back and put card details in again. Then it said 4 mins and hung. I left it and it eventually went through.

someone else got the number 6. They had given us the wrong number. They were VERY lucky 

Great concentration skills under pressure there wow :) 

One 4g phone and a pc cabled into the hub.  Ditched an I pad after 15 minutes to concentrate on pc. Refresh every five secs. Thought I had blown it when I got a timed out message after hitting pay now. Was devastated until about quarter to ten when I checked my e mails and saw a confirmation that I had got our tickets. Never felt so happy. Commiserations to those loyal e festers who failed   Anyone need help come the resale? 

1 hour ago, Nutella Versace said:

Did anybody manage to bag tickets using GFL’s recommendation of using only 1 tab on 1 browser on 1 device? I had 2 devices, each with 3 browsers and for the first time in 6 years didn’t get a sniff. Just wondering if there may be something in their recommendation?

I did and it's been my strategy for a few years now. I tried to also have the phone next to me on Thursday but I found that I rather just focus on one screen.

Laptop on Chrome never even got holding page! Phone on 4g holding page the whole time, 7 year old iPad two tabs on safari both on the holding page! Constantly refreshing one tab and got through at 9.20am so happy not been since 2016. I did exactly the same this year as I always do. I think there is no tactic

Edited by EmsieXxX