Ticket Poll

Avalon_Fields

Ticket Poll   

562 members have voted

1. 1. The efestival ticket poll - please confirm your results

• YES 100% all tickets in our group(s)
    • YES some but not all tickets in our group(s)
    • NO luck

17 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

I like to think the majority of those on here are the more committed and hopefully that extra commitment means they do marginally better. Who knows though, 2 sets of our groups missed out completely 

Maybe although I suspect the difference is marginal not 52% vs 34% missing out.

14 hours ago, Gilb said:

The whole 2.4 million registered users thing is a nonsense for the papers to grab hold of isn't it!

Yes 2.4 million registered since they changed the registrations back in 2011(?) doesn't mean all 2.4million (including duplicate accounts) were F5-ing all morning ?

Last year the figure Emily Eavis quoted was 1.4 million or something like that so that’s an increase of around a million registered from last year to this year. You’d have to assume nearly all of those new people tried for a ticket. The poll makes for grim reading as expected. 

Edited by Madyaker

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Last year the figure Emily Eavis quoted was 1.4 million or something like that so that’s an increase of around a million registered from last year to this year. You’d have to assume nearly of those new people tried for a ticket. The poll makes for grim reading as expected. 

Nearly.... all? None? Half? We need the missing word!

Why do I always leave out words when I’m typing on my phone? An extra million registered this year according to Emily. A million people trying on Sunday puts our odds at around 1 in 10. I reckon there was more than a million people trying but I doubt there was 2.4 million that seems like a lot 

we got 30/ 34 from my list , or 88%

Personally our household got in 3 times, from 2 different devices,  on Thursday, bagging 7 coach tickets from 3 different pickup locations.

I didn't get a sniff on Sunday though, and snuck in the back door with someone else bagging my tickets literally as they put up the closed sign....

Way too close for my personal comfort, but glad my Thursday efforts reaped a personal reward in the end..

We had 2 groups one with 5 and one with 2 as there as was a couple who wouldn’t go without each other and they were last to show their interest in going. So we were all trying. Me and Mrs Kid in the living room. 1 MacBook (with 3 browser windows open), 2 iPads and an iPhone. Could have had more on the go but it would have made it too confusing. So obviously MacBook I had Chrome and Firefox both running auto-refresh software every 3 seconds and then I was manually refreshing Safari in the 3 window. 

Anyway the lad out of the group of 2 said that he didn’t want to go with just the 2 of them and would only go if all 7 of us were successful. He was in work yesterday morning but was trying from there and his girlfriend was at home.

After trying for nearly 10 minutes, a message notification from our Glasto group chat with a picture of the booking confirmation page. My mates girlfriend had boxed us off, 09:09 absolutely happy days.

So after buying us tickets it was our turn to repay the favour and at 09:18 I was able to send them a picture of the booking screen for the 2 remaining tickets needed. Absolutely made up.

Still buzzing my first time back to the farm since 2011. 

Edited by lukethekid

15 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Last year the figure Emily Eavis quoted was 1.4 million or something like that so that’s an increase of around a million registered from last year to this year. You’d have to assume nearly all of those new people tried for a ticket. The poll makes for grim reading as expected. 

from the look of those polls, i'd say it's around 30-40% of people trying who got tickets. 

Which i reckon would equate to around 300,000 people trying for tickets.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

We had 42 people trying, didn’t get a single ticket

We had a small army trying for 1 group of 6. 0/6. 4 got reg page and 1 got the payment page.  Having read through the 'payment' thread, he should maybe have pressed the back button and tried again a few times and maybe the payment might have eventually went through. So so close ! 

Well done to everyone who got tickets this year :) 
W
e had 4 in our group trying, none of them got past the holding screen – I got through on my wife's mobile to the point where our tickets were held, all bank details entered hit 'buy tickets' and it stayed static on the progress bar for an age then timed out. I went back and had another go, allowed me to fill everything in again tickets held etc then wouldn't go beyond clicking 'buy tickets'. Absolutely gutted I was able to get that close – cruel cruel way to miss out, I'd have found it much easier to come to terms with another unsuccessful year if I'd not got past the holding screen at all. Fingers crossed for ballot or April. 

On 10/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, Pear_Cider said:

Only my son from our group managed to get a booking page (mobile on 4G after about 13 minutes). Inputted all the details clicked Buy Tickets and it froze. Was hoping that the transaction might have gone through, but no email as yet. Devastated ?

Exactly the same happened to me – so cruel, makes it harder to accept for sure. Fingers crossed for you in resales and comps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CajunMoon said:

Exactly the same happened to me – so cruel, makes it harder to accept for sure. Fingers crossed for you in resales and comps.

We feel your pain, so so close. The crashing and freezing at the reg / payment page was tough going !!

For those who were successful,  was it a case of refresh until the reg page  --> proceed --> payment info --> buy tickets = done deal. Was it mostly seamless or was there a bit / a lot of back and forth and crossing fingers until the Booking Complete page appeared?