Jump to content

The Weather Thread 2020


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This year has no bearing on next year 

0B2A8E1B-3001-4C3C-8FA3-5295A03EF271.jpeg

I can no longer tell who is genuinely getting this wrong and who thinks it is funny to keep saying it as a wind up. 

 

25 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

My thinking exactly! If this year is dry again what will that be...5 in a row? odds on 6 predominantly dry late Junes in a row?

Odds on 6 in a row before any of them have happened pretty low odds on 6 in a row after you've had 5 in a row exactly the same as the odds on a one off.*

*Assuming the weather is totally random, given it isn't a run of dry ones may be slightly indicative of a change in the climate making dry Junes more rather than less likely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took this at 16.45pm on the Friday at the Other Stage

Thanks, I think we are going to be enjoying the sun for the next day or so. I hope everyone has the great weather this weekend so that their parties are the best.   Our wonderful village fete w

It was fairly average, maybe slightly below. The real damage was mostly the rain in June. The Weather Thread has been sorely lacking in good, pointless, graphs so far this year, so starting in Ju

Posted Images

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

Currently dry as a bone. No rain as yet.

Of course, this year it’s not your well that matters...! 
Unfortunately I don’t have one... there’s one on the woods near me but it’s notorious for never drying up, hence being called the dropping well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the positive side for those planning a mini back garden Glastonbury experience with the BBC etc the weather is looking ok in the South West at least at the moment.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sedra said:

On the positive side for those planning a mini back garden Glastonbury experience with the BBC etc the weather is looking ok in the South West at least at the moment.......

I thought I'd have at least one night in a tent in the garden. Only problem is that I've moved on from a tent to a caravan.  I've still got an old tent stored somewhere but what state it will be in I'm not sure.  Also my airbed is stored in my caravan which is at a storage site 30 miles from my house and in Wales we are only supposed to travel up to five miles at present, so how I'm going to retrieve it I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I thought I'd have at least one night in a tent in the garden. Only problem is that I've moved on from a tent to a caravan.  I've still got an old tent stored somewhere but what state it will be in I'm not sure.  Also my airbed is stored in my caravan which is at a storage site 30 miles from my house and in Wales we are only supposed to travel up to five miles at present, so how I'm going to retrieve it I don't know.

Go to the south east corner of your garden, set up your own block 9, at 4am sit in the garden, await the sunrise then have a bacon roll. You won’t need a tent or an air bed 😁!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Rain went through Pilton.  All clear now

The dry spring should have ensured the water table is quite low.  

As a matter of interest has any work been done on the site such as more hard paths/roadways taking advantage of the cancellation?  I recollect when we walked the site a few days before the Pilton party there was a few guys in a Land Rover going round the site with a clipboard obviously taking note of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The dry spring should have ensured the water table is quite low.  

As a matter of interest has any work been done on the site such as more hard paths/roadways taking advantage of the cancellation?  I recollect when we walked the site a few days before the Pilton party there was a few guys in a Land Rover going round the site with a clipboard obviously taking note of things. 

As the farm have asked people to stay away I have not been able to get down to see. However before March they had been laying more drainage etc in various fields. Every year they do something to improve the site. They had started to revamp the spike area. However they hadn't laid the concrete floor when I last went.

As soon as they are happy, I shall be hauling my arse around the site again and will try to stop and get photos. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 for those planning a mini back garden Glastonbury experience with the BBC etc the weather is looking mixed in the South West for next week!56CC2A53-460E-4587-A874-1D31D278BC7D.thumb.png.15eee5e1b3f51264379ad1e770daed17.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the BBC weather forecast for glasto this morning, showing sun all 5 days presently, soda law😥

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ghandi said:

Just checked the BBC weather forecast for glasto this morning, showing sun all 5 days presently, soda law😥

Can’t help but keep checking 😫😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, doogie said:

Depressing isn't it?

image.thumb.png.2da91ad5692623d4b1cf4b729446cd3d.png

For a moment was looking that was going to rain but it looks like we would have had the perfect anniversary... 

Next year it's the flooding time 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, doogie said:

Depressing isn't it?

image.thumb.png.2da91ad5692623d4b1cf4b729446cd3d.png

Woah! That is actually perfect festival weather.

Let's hope the weather Gods look down favourably on us for next year for the big sacrifice that we had to make! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...