The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

G2020 will be a total scorcher apart from a couple of very heavy but brief  showers. This hot weather we've had lately is about to break down any day soon leaving 2-3 weeks for it to boost back up again just in time for the nonfest. I'm predicting very high temps high 20s with a chance of a couple of mental storms. About normal for late June every year, wellies for a day, slides the rest.

1 hour ago, sedra said:

For planning your weekend in the garden festivals I think we need this one😀😎☀️

Ok - re-post VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Given lots of us are planning on spending the weekend of the festival in our gardens, I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread and having a look at how wet/sunburnt we might be getting.

Here’s the forecast for three weekends time: 

A7D7D89F-5FF8-42A0-8736-458917D30B4B.jpeg

16AD1211-D069-46BE-910A-6092B47BF845.png

Part of me wants it to piss it down, just cos we cant be there and as @CaledonianGonzo says that means next year it will be glorious!! :D 

But part of me wants it to be nice so I can enjoy my garden Glasto (when I say enjoy, I mean as much as I possibly can considering the shitty situation we're all in)

Ah 2020 can do one! :( 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus if it's a washout it'll also increase the chances of prime conditions in 2021 😘👌

That’s what I’m thinking. 4 dry years on the trot is rare, to go 5 years without a mudbath is unprecedented. I’m hoping for torrential rain in a couple of weeks time. 

15 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I know but I’m just looking at the probabilities. This run of dry late Junes has to come to an end at some point. Better to be this year than next. 

My thinking exactly! If this year is dry again what will that be...5 in a row? odds on 6 predominantly dry late Junes in a row?