The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just keep an eye out for the Mary’s gate puddle. That’s a good indication I understand 

That gives me an idea for a new angle when measuring the state of the ground. Daily photo with depth of puddle at Mary’s gate. Just need to find something I can carry whilst running that will measure it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

That gives me an idea for a new angle when measuring the state of the ground. Daily photo with depth of puddle at Mary’s gate. Just need to find something I can carry whilst running that will measure it.

Remember us living in the West of Scotland have different criteria that you have. What you reckon is pissing down is just a wee shower to us!

15 degrees is taps aff. Translation , remove your shirt!

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Remember us living in the West of Scotland have different criteria that you have. What you reckon is pissing down is just a wee shower to us!

15 degrees is taps aff. Translation , remove your shirt!

I think I have a different internal heating system to most people too. No heating on in the house until much later than others around us.

I'm still running in shorts and t shirt. Will do for a month or so yet. Hence nowhere to store measuring equipment 

• Like 1

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

I think I have a different internal heating system to most people too. No heating on in the house until much later than others around us.

I'm still running in shorts and t shirt. Will do for a month or so yet. Hence nowhere to store measuring equipment 

I am sure you flew past us in a cloud of dust when we were walking the site a day or so before the pilton party. We were heading to the worthy view steps to see if we could manage them sober for a change 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I am sure you flew past us in a cloud of dust when we were walking the site a day or so before the pilton party. We were heading to the worthy view steps to see if we could manage them sober for a change 

Quite possibly. I don’t see many others running on the farm in the daytime. 

The best thing that could happen for easier T-day chances this time next year would be a washout/mudbath in june 2020.

there hasnt been a really bad one in what feels like a long time now. Long may that continue but i think the good thing that could come out of a muddy year would be a few less people trying. Imagine if the overriding media coverage of next year was a mud bath. If it was 2 bad years in a row i think it would do the hardcore a real favour in the ticket department.

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

The best thing that could happen for easier T-day chances this time next year would be a washout/mudbath in june 2020.

there hasnt been a really bad one in what feels like a long time now. Long may that continue but i think the good thing that could come out of a muddy year would be a few less people trying. Imagine if the overriding media coverage of next year was a mud bath. If it was 2 bad years in a row i think it would do the hardcore a real favour in the ticket department.

This has crossed my mind a couple of times. The bad weather would definitely put off some of the Instagram crowd

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cos we all remember the sale day for 2017 being a famous doddle.

It wasnt anything like as difficult as this year though was it. You used to rarely see anyone on this site who had completely missed out on tickets. Now its a lot more common.

Edited by Memory Man

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

There has been a significant change in the route of the jetstream for the last few years. As long as it stays where it is, we should see similar June weather. 

I’m prepared for another 30 degree Glasto, I did a 36 degree Sziget this year. 

the last two baking hot years has seen the weather break to something cooler on the opening day of WOMAD - which is slightly spooky.

But anyway, after 2 cracking summers I reckon next year's Glasto is going to be a quagmire. It's how it goes.