The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Yeah on the Saturday morning we ended up in a tent listening to a talk on Brexit. I just needed to be out of the sun and found a space in the tent to shade. Think at least half the people there had the same idea as they were sleeping. I at least listened to what the folk had to say.

The weather is miserable in Glasgow today. Can't help but look at the weather and think, if everything had gone to plan, I'd be on my way to another scorcher of a Glastonbury tomorrow night.

I found a shady spot just off the railway track near the unfair ground I think. Next to a water fountain too. Didn’t move for couple of hours other than to refill the bottle. I think weds/thurs potentially looking as hot as that atm

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

I found a shady spot just off the railway track near the unfair ground I think. Next to a water fountain too. Didn’t move for couple of hours other than to refill the bottle. I think weds/thurs potentially looking as hot as that atm

I had a similar spot up by the park, near the water kiosk and did the same, got my legs moving again to find a spot for Foals grateful to not be completely frazzled and full of energy for the evening ahead.  

36 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I had a similar spot up by the park, near the water kiosk and did the same, got my legs moving again to find a spot for Foals grateful to not be completely frazzled and full of energy for the evening ahead.  

Pre- Foals I went into Williams Green to watch Snapped Ankles. It must have been at least 40 degrees in there! (Was 30 outside and went up about 10 on entry.)

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Pre- Foals I went into Williams Green to watch Snapped Ankles. It must have been at least 40 degrees in there! (Was 30 outside and went up about 10 on entry.)

I was there too, I don't usually mind heat but that was the first time I have ever had to leave a tent at a festival due to the heat. It was like a furnace. God know how Snapped Ankles felt dressed up in all their gear. Pretty hot outside too. It was too hot at times, I couldnt be bothered trekking from one stage to another  so just sat around drinking water at times seeking shade, rather than running around like a tit off my tits like I usually am

11 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I was there too, I don't usually mind heat but that was the first time I have ever had to leave a tent at a festival due to the heat. It was like a furnace. God know how Snapped Ankles felt dressed up in all their gear. Pretty hot outside too. It was too hot at times, I couldnt be bothered trekking from one stage to another  so just sat around drinking water at times seeking shade, rather than running around like a tit off my tits like I usually am

It must have been even worse for Fontaines DC as I went to see them next and couldn't even get in the tent (had to watch from outside)! Got a decent spot for Foals by the sound desk, think it cooled a bit by then.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

It must have been even worse for Fontaines DC as I went to see them next and couldn't even get in the tent (had to watch from outside)! Got a decent spot for Foals by the sound desk, think it cooled a bit by then.

Ditto.

It was feckin ridiculous for the Fontaine's. Ace though.

Foals were perfect after that