The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

18 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Well the Countryfile forecast has sealed it. Pant-wettingly good, perfect for me, possibly too hot for some Wed to Fri 

Unbelievable innit...would have been three crackers on the run

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Braved checking the weather (and this thread) for the first tome this morning. Unreal.

Although I remember how hot last year was, especially the Wednesday. So I’m going to try and convince myself it would have been too hot 😅

Saturday morning was the peak of the heat I think - could not think in morning, it dropped by some 8-10 degrees by the evening. Seemed almost chilly by then. 

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Braved checking the weather (and this thread) for the first tome this morning. Unreal.

Although I remember how hot last year was, especially the Wednesday. So I’m going to try and convince myself it would have been too hot 😅

Definitely too hot 🥵 ! At for queuing to get in. Also I have a bad back at moment so would have needed to do a couple of trips back to the car! Still rather be there though 🙁

Okay so for 2021 we'll be praying for 5 consecutive years where the whether over the final weekend of June is amazing. Seems a tall order but I'm confident the Glastonbury gods will smile down on us.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Hot weather due to Break on Friday - bbc weather currently has it thundery showers Friday day and rain Friday night. 

Ha, that seems to be the standard Glastonbury weather pattern - sunny and dry Wednesday and Thursday, starts to break down and rain Thursday night/Friday morning, then back to sunny and dry for Sunday 

3 hours ago, tumbles said:

Saturday morning was the peak of the heat I think - could not think in morning, it dropped by some 8-10 degrees by the evening. Seemed almost chilly by then. 

Yeah on the Saturday morning we ended up in a tent listening to a talk on Brexit. I just needed to be out of the sun and found a space in the tent to shade. Think at least half the people there had the same idea as they were sleeping. I at least listened to what the folk had to say.

The weather is miserable in Glasgow today. Can't help but look at the weather and think, if everything had gone to plan, I'd be on my way to another scorcher of a Glastonbury tomorrow night.

Just remember that with all the grounded planes, reduced car use and general changes in behaviour since lockdowns started across the world, emissions and other atmospheric conditions are going to be very different to a world where the virus never existed. It's likely that the weather would have been very different too.

I think it would have p*ssed it down, good job it wasn't on really.

Edited by cloudbusting

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You say that, but the same great weather on the same late June weekend 5 years on the bounce is a statistical impossibility.

That's not in any respect how probability works.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Yeah on the Saturday morning we ended up in a tent listening to a talk on Brexit. I just needed to be out of the sun and found a space in the tent to shade. Think at least half the people there had the same idea as they were sleeping. I at least listened to what the folk had to say.

The weather is miserable in Glasgow today. Can't help but look at the weather and think, if everything had gone to plan, I'd be on my way to another scorcher of a Glastonbury tomorrow night.

Aye, it's dire isn't it???? Ffs. I got a bit excited today because a sun appeared alongside Friday's black raincloud on the bbc....this is how had the situation is.