The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

7 hours ago, sedra said:

This time last year we were all fretting about rain/heatwaves - very similar weather forecast this year so far. Looking good so far for next week-  not sure if that’s a good thing or not! 🙄

The worst thing about the weather this year is that Glastonbury looks glorious whereas fake-Glastonbury in Glasgow looks to be an absolute wash out. I wouldn't mind so much, but the last few months here have been so nice, I'd genuinely been thinking we could party in the garden, bathed in sunlight. 

I was staring to get over my sadness for this year but seeing how glorious the weather looks next week is breaking my heart. It looks slightly cooler than last year but with plenty of sun 😢 absolutely devastated and sadness reinstated all over again. 

3 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Four years ago today!

I'd take it without a moment's hesitation.

Even the bit where all my friends got stuck in traffic for hours and hours so I got smashed by myself and by the time they arrived was passed out on the woodchip by Gate D. Well, especially that bit...  

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

I’m actually quite looking forward to a week of decent weather ... there are several at work that I’m sure are going to ask if I’ve had a nice holiday .... so a bit of colour top up will help my response .... as I’d actually rather be giving some support to my team 

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Have to admit would like a dark rain cloud over the festival site for the weekend but be great elsewhere. Planning to do things on the Fri/Sat/Sun to ease the pain and some of it outdoors so wouldn't mind some decent weather. 

Forgive me if I disagree

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Yep looks like it would be a hot Weds/thurs with it gradually cooling down a bit and a bit of rain overnight on Saturday/Sunday to damp down the dust. Stick for next year please😀

Very similar to 2017. Great weather.

21 hours ago, uscore said:

I mean, we're not going to be at the festival so we might as well have nice weather wherever we are instead.  Having to miss Glastonbury AND be stuck inside because it's pissing down can do one.

Glasgow weather next weekend. Atrocious. 

Suggestions on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20200621_084657_com.android.chrome.jpg