The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

I feel a certain fatalism about it all. Went to every Glastonbury from 1994 to 2016. The last two were mudbaths. Then for the first time ever, I failed to get a ticket and it was glorious, then the same happened on the next one. This year I finally managed to get a ticket again, and the weather would have been great. 

What I'm saying is, buckle up for next year and pack the waterproofs. :)

I’m going to channel my inner Nal and expect a total mudbath next year. This way I won’t be disappointed. 

However I checked my local weather last week and it did forecast clear skies and hot sun for today and right now it’s a soggy mess out there. A lot can change in a week. 

3 hours ago, tumbles said:

Sheesh - bit hot on Wednesday but near perfect weather.  Potential for 4 successive good years.. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.220281f48d3cee647e41a7ef4e093d12.PNG

What is with Wednesdays becoming absolute roasters lately? - that's three years on the trot! 

I'm happy with a hot Wednesday!! All I ask for every year is a dry queue and a dry set up!!

I remember one year, 2011?? Maybe! and it absolutely pissed it down the entire queue and set up. My leggings were stuck to me cos they were so wet (and had been for hours!) I couldn't get them off, to the point where I started to get panicky about it so my mate had to actually rip them off me, like tear them! .. not my finest hour :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Wellyboot

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

imagine the panic a week out with this biblical weather in Somerset at the moment 

I'd be somewhat calm in thinking its been dry for about 300 days prior to last week or so and that from about midday tomorrow onwards it seems to be dry.  Lets face it if we hadn't have had any rain it would have been a dust bowl and we'd be attempting to peg tents down in ground harder than set concrete 🤣

Has been absolute dogs**t weather today in N.Somerset, the cat hasn't moved from his sleeping spot since 8am. He knows the deal. 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

imagine the panic a week out with this biblical weather in Somerset at the moment 

I was wondering this; if all the rain last week and this week during the time when so much assembling and set-up was occuring, whether that would have really churned up everything and set the scene for quite a muddy one, or if the potential sun from tomorrow onwards (along with some wood chip) would have dried everything out. 

I can't help but think about even though it's torture :( 

1 minute ago, rosieangel said:

I was wondering this; if all the rain last week and this week during the time when so much assembling and set-up was occuring, whether that would have really churned up everything and set the scene for quite a muddy one, or if the potential sun from tomorrow onwards (along with some wood chip) would have dried everything out. 

I think last year there was a few days of rain the week before, and the site was ok.

Most of the heavy stuff would be done now

20 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Probably just slushed up the top layer slightly ... nothing a few days of dryness won't cure .... Its remarkable how it drys out some years even with all those feet stomping about 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Probably just slushed up the top layer slightly ... nothing a few days of dryness won't cure .... Its remarkable how it drys out some years even with all those feet stomping about 

Decent breeze likely over weekend, it would be damn near perfect.   

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm happy with a hot Wednesday!! All I ask for every year is a dry queue and a dry set up!!

I remember one year, 2011?? Maybe! and it absolutely pissed it down the entire queue and set up. My leggings were stuck to me cos they were so wet (and had been for hours!) I couldn't get them off, to the point where I started to get panicky about it so my mate had to actually rip them off me, like tear them! .. not my finest hour :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah that was 2011. We came down overnight and it was nice and dry in the queue early morning and they were holding off opening the gates to let the ground dry and just as they opened the gates the rain came back with a vengeance. 

3 hours ago, rosieangel said:

Yeh, may mate was saying today that all the rain there having meant that glastonbury would have been a wash out (his words were "awful", but he's only been in sunny years so he doesn't understand that it's awesome whatever happens)...but in 2016, there was a period on Friday morning when the ground had actually got quite dry....so I think if it were to be sunny from now until then it would have been perfect.

It is of course completely bonkers to be thinking of such things, but I can't help myself either :lol:

Weds being warm is a nice thing. Gets everyone motivated to put tents up and get to the beers and cider. 

still need a little rain in there. I had seen another long range forecast which had fri and sat with early morning showers, that wouldve been ideal to remove the dust. 

who wouldve thought Coachella wouldve had the biblical rain and Glasto had a dry weekend this year. Crazy times indeed.

Edited by Suprefan