Back-Up Plans

Hutchmaster

I didn't get tickets for the first time in 5 years, out of around 60 people I know who try / have been every year only 5 got tickets. 

me and my mates are thinking going to the US for 10 days or Ibiza for 5 / EU festival. 

I still don't think its proper hit me that I'm not going yet, don't wanna put myself through the misery of thinking i'll get them in the resale so might just cut my losses now and prepare for 2021 ?

2 hours ago, bimblebee said:

If we get no joy in the resale looking at a week in Cape Town.  I need to be far far from the BBC and where I can do amazing things like whale watching and seeing elephants to take my mind off it.  Or Las Vegas - either will work. 

I went to Cape town and Namibia and a safari last year, it was honestly one of the most amazing experiences I've had. Mind you, I always thought elephants were gentle giants, but they're actually a right bunch of bullies- a big herd took over the whole watering hole and were pooing, bathing in it and drinking all the water and marching any other animals away!

Edited by Mr.Tease

Missed out on tickets yesterday ☹️. Me and my wife don’t want to go through the resale process again. 

We are thinking of going to Madcool festival instead. Has anyone here been to that festival? 

I used to be on efestivals as boopickledaddy (couldn’t remember old password and must have used an old email address).  I have returned from years of lurking on this site, as I felt  the need to connect with the Glastonbury/ efestivals community knowing I won’t be at the festival next year.

Gutted to be missing Glastonbury , but like the idea of going to a festival in Madrid ?

2 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Missed out on tickets yesterday ☹️. Me and my wife don’t want to go through the resale process again. 

We are thinking of going to Madcool festival instead. Has anyone here been to that festival? 

I used to be on efestivals as boopickledaddy (couldn’t remember old password and must have used an old email address).  I have returned from years of lurking on this site, as I felt  the need to connect with the Glastonbury/ efestivals community knowing I won’t be at the festival next year.

Gutted to be missing Glastonbury , but like the idea of going to a festival in Madrid ?

Yeah, I've been to Mad Cool a few times. Strong lineups (2018 was particularly good), amazing weather, good atmosphere in a beautiful city (well worth adding a day either side to explore a bit). Transport links from the festival could do with improving and there was a few teething issues on the new site in 2018 (which I think we're improved upon this year). Highly recommended (if only for the fact that the entire festival is completely decked out in fake grass) 

10 hours ago, Tr234 said:

First time in 7 years not getting a ticket, hard to read the forum today. Does anyone know when you have to apply for work? Or if I did apply and was successful but then got a ticket in the resale, could I sack off the work without losing a deposit?

I think it massively depends on the type of work and who it's arranged with. But my personal experience of this is that I got a volunteer place with Shelter in 2014 with the option  to pull out coming after the resale. I got lucky in the resale and cancelled the working place. Can't remember if I paid my deposit or not bit if I did there was no issue getting it back. That was Shelter five years ago as I say, so might be different now.

I felt bad about cancelling as I was chuffed to get the place and would have been happy to work, but I had a mate coming for the very first time and didn't want to leave him high and dry. No harm done though as my volunteer place went back in the pot for someone else.

All the options are different so worth researching them.

I would still like to work it some time maybe, but I think for next year it's resale or bust. I think I'd rather do a different festival as a punter.