Back-Up Plans

Hutchmaster

Not sure yet, might try resale but it just seems so far away at the moment, and I don't feel confident about bagging tickets next April to be honest. However already have bluedot to look forward to next year with the wife and kids which will be ace

Might try another festival with my mate after no joy today, but unlike Glasto will it will be line up dependent. 

56 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Sorry to hear you didn't get one either! And everyone else in this thread - it's depressing to see anyone miss out! 

I don't really have a back up - I have to fight for the leave as it is, so if I don't strike it lucky in the ballot or resale, I'll cancel the leave, and look at Boomtown again probably. 

Sorry to see you also weren't successful. Feels like a lot of regulars missed out. Is it easier for you to get leave later in the summer?

11 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Not sure yet, might try resale but it just seems so far away at the moment, and I don't feel confident about bagging tickets next April to be honest. However already have bluedot to look forward to next year with the wife and kids which will be ace

Might try another festival with my mate after no joy today, but unlike Glasto will it will be line up dependent. 

Yeah it will depend on the line-up for me. In a way it is nice to have the luxury to think about line-ups a bit before buying tickets!

Saw someone mention Bearded Theory above, that's one I've heard good things about but know little of. Will add it to the list.

I could potentially work the festival (and it’s a “half chance”). But would want to think about it and then I keep thinking ‘but it’s the 50th year’ so must try and go. 

And yes 2019 was my first Glastonbury. And yes I found the heat too much. And I (as a newbie) predictably peaked too early.  But the Thursday I had this year was incredible. 
so I am going to try resale and any and all competitions going. 
Some of us will still get a ticket. Some won’t. What will be, will be. Good luck all. 

Potentially Primavera, Exit, NOS or Mad Cool and Sonar again. Maybe a couple of smaller festivals like Electric Castle or somewhere random. 

Probably Ibiza over Glastonbury weekend and plans already underway for Japan (and possibly Fuji Rock) later in the year. 

We'll see. Today was always going to be the catalyst to shape next Summer. 

No complaints here, life is good, I'm very fortunate. 

Also planning to go to Ibiza if the resale doesn’t happen for me, had a brilliant time the past couple of years, it’s been great to be back there, also looking into booking a smaller festival, feeling much better about my failure already. 

Charm x

I am remarkably sanguine about the whole thing. I've been massively lucky going every time since 2010, but missing out hasn't bugged me half as much as it did in 2017 (lucky in resale). Might be down to 2019's line up or frying in the heat or overcrowding - not sure.

I'd booked Download (as usual) before T-day and will now try to convince my mates to go to Rock Werchter - we've been twice before and although the music, camping and beer are fab, it's an arena festival and totally misses the relaxed vibe of GF.

If we do RW then deffo no resale try - in 2017 I did  Download GF and RW in a row and my liver gave me a right telling off (as did my wife).

Been a good run, might be back but it's not as compelling as it used to be for me.

I hope all the newbies love it and someone takes my worthy warrior place.

Im fully booked up for Primavera Barcelona next year (soon as pavement were announced I was first in line for tickets) - crossing fingers I could be lucky in the resale obviously - But do want to do something else in the UK...current contenders are Boomtown, Eden and Doune the rabbit hole).

The whole - "every cloud" scenario of - I now potentially have a lot of spare holiday days for next year than I thought I would have.

12 hours ago, TJGthree said:

Can anyone recommend me a Eurofest (or in the UK) - I’ve never been to any! 

I mostly enjoy pop and commercial music. I would prefer a camping festival which has lots of late night activities like Glasto too, but perhaps that’s too ambitious. 

Gutted to be missing Glasto, but maybe it will be a nice opportunity to try another festival

Most of the Euro fests go on until 4, 5, 6am, even on the main stages, so no probs there. Nos Alive and Primavera are both good but don''t have camping. Super Bock Super Rock and Bilbao BBK do. The latter might be more manageable as the temps will be closer to 18 max than 30 plus! Beautiful site up in the hills too (I've never camped at either/a euro fest though).

10 hours ago, Charm said:

Also planning to go to Ibiza if the resale doesn’t happen for me, had a brilliant time the past couple of years, it’s been great to be back there, also looking into booking a smaller festival, feeling much better about my failure already. 

Charm x

Ibiza is always a good idea :) 

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sorry been asked and posted before but is there a list of boutique/pricey options that come with a tickets? 

Those glamping fuckers who charge megabucks. 

I’m on it mate, sent a couple of emails yesterday afternoon. Will let you know what comes back