Back-Up Plans

Hutchmaster

For those that didn't get tickets; have you thought of any back up plans or have something in mind going into the sale? Pending no luck in the resale of course!

I managed to book the two weeks off work so thinking of travelling around Europe, maybe tying it with something Like Rock Werchter so I get my festival fix somehow!

Well I was planning this being my last festival (at least for a while) if I got tickets, which i didnt so basixally just bring my plan to start travelling more forward a year. 

Had a look and can do Italy for almost the same price as a Glastonbury ticket so probably gonna go for that, might even sack the resale off. 

Fancy doing Holland and theres a couple of stand alone gigs I fancy as well so plenty of alternatives. 

May alsonhave a look at alternative fests abroad if I fancy getting another one in and at least I can determine it by the line up if so. 

Its not all bad, done the last two so cant complain, its a hrad job to get tickets and felt it would be harder this year so already had it in my mind that I might not get them. 

6 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I can strongly recommend Primavera Sound. Went in 2016 and 2018 and is safely the best festival I've ever been to in terms of the quality of music. 

Always really fancied this one myself. The line-ups are great. Can heartily recommend Green Man if you want something a bit smaller but still with a bit of a Glastonbury feel (great cider and beer) and Blue Dot was awesome in 2016, something really different in a great setting. I'm going to have a close look at all the line-ups and not rule anything out, including the resale!

Primavera, Nos Lisbon, Mad Cool all potentially possible for us. Did Primavera in ‘17 as a replacement when we failed on T-day (although eventually we got tickets in the resale).

Got EOTR at the end of the summer and a week in Edinburgh during August for the Fringe both booked

Just now, Mardy said:

Primavera, Nos Lisbon, Mad Cool all potentially possible for us. Did Primavera in ‘17 as a replacement when we failed on T-day (although eventually we got tickets in the resale).

Got EOTR at the end of the summer and a week in Edinburgh during August for the Fringe both booked

How did you do? I'm guessing not well since you're in this thread...

Just now, Mardy said:

Nothing. None of us got anywhere near. Same as you, by the sound of things? Sorry to hear it

Yep, not a sausage! I'm not sure yet if I'll go for the resale, going to keep all options open. Bloody tough year!

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I went to Sarajevo this year over Glasto weekend. As somewhere that has little UK tourism at the moment, I really recommend heading there! One of the most fascinating places I've visited. Devastating recent history, but very interesting and well handled/presented. Also, absolutely no sign of the BBC so I didn't have to be reminded of the big thing in a field back home I was missing out on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I like Lisbon a lot.

I don’t fancy going to another festival as I’ll just compare it. Not going does free up about £600 and a week of time though, I think I might go to st Petersburg and Moscow- are they worth visiting Mardy? Anywhere else in Russia you recommend? (I think you said you live there, apologies if that’s a completely false memory!)

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I like Lisbon a lot.

I don’t fancy going to another festival as I’ll just compare it. Not going does free up about £600 and a week of time though, I think I might go to st Petersburg and Moscow- are they worth visiting Mardy? Anywhere else in Russia you recommend? (I think you said you live there, apologies if that’s a completely false memory!)

Yeah, I’m based in Moscow for about 8 months of the year. If you do come over, give me a shout, I’d be happy to meet you for a pint. And in the meantime, if you’ve got any questions about visiting Russia, feel free to PM me. 

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, I’m based in Moscow for about 8 months of the year. If you do come over, give me a shout, I’d be happy to meet you for a pint. And in the meantime, if you’ve got any questions about visiting Russia, feel free to PM me. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep, not a sausage! I'm not sure yet if I'll go for the resale, going to keep all options open. Bloody tough year!

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

Sorry to hear you didn't get one either! And everyone else in this thread - it's depressing to see anyone miss out! 

I don't really have a back up - I have to fight for the leave as it is, so if I don't strike it lucky in the ballot or resale, I'll cancel the leave, and look at Boomtown again probably. 

Can anyone recommend me a Eurofest (or in the UK) - I’ve never been to any! 

I mostly enjoy pop and commercial music. I would prefer a camping festival which has lots of late night activities like Glasto too, but perhaps that’s too ambitious. 

Gutted to be missing Glasto, but maybe it will be a nice opportunity to try another festival

Edited by TJGthree

I’ll be waiting for some of the line ups to start filtering out, but on the list of potentials will be Bearded Theory and End of the Road which I’ve been to before, also Green Man and Boomtown which I’ve never been to (because I’m usually away!)

We've agreed not to discuss alternatives until after the resale. It feels like bad karma to talk about anything else and if I don't end up there. I will watch on TV and wish I was there even more. I just don't think I'd ever be able to ignore that it's happening.