Volunteering 2020

DJL

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

I've just checked my spam folder. I, too, have been turned down for the Oxfam campaigner role. I am 50. I don't see why age should matter though. I do have an M.A in Philosophy from The Open University; so I don't see why they would turn that sort of person down. Although I suppose Doctors and Lawyers are more offended by such rejection. 

Doctors and lawyers? 🧐

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, stt11 said:

What's you're problem with Doctor's and Lawyers?

3 hours ago, stt11 said:

What's you're problem with Doctor's and Lawyers?

Absolutely none 🙂 I happen to be one.  Just curious as to why you thought a dr or a lawyer in particular would have a problem with a rejection 🧐  

For anyone wondering how priority with Oxfam works this is an extract from their email sent earlier in the week.....

"Priority Applications for 2021
If a festival you have applied to gets cancelled, it will still count towards your priority criteria. For example, if you apply for two festivals this summer, and one goes ahead but the other is cancelled by the organisers, you will still qualify for a priority application next year. You can learn more about priority applications here."

So if you haven't added a 2nd festival, do it now! ;)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

For anyone wondering how priority with Oxfam works this is an extract from their email sent earlier in the week.....

If a festival you have applied to gets cancelled, it will still count towards your priority criteria. For example, if you apply for two festivals this summer, and one goes ahead but the other is cancelled by the organisers, you will still qualify for a priority application next year. You can learn more about priority applications here."

Remember folks if the second festival goes ahead you have to be there to do it

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Is anyone else still hopelessly refreshing the Oxfam page?

I still have my page checker on.  I'm just debating turning it off.  There is nothing posted by Oxfam this morning on social media, so I'm sure the news is right about it not going ahead :( x

16 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I was just thinking that but more along the lines of if you've not got a Oxfam place with Glastonbury you could pick any two available festivals this year which will now surely be cancelled aswell and then receive your priority 2021 Oxfam spot 🙂

50 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I was just thinking that but more along the lines of if you've not got a Oxfam place with Glastonbury you could pick any two available festivals this year which will now surely be cancelled aswell and then receive your priority 2021 Oxfam spot 🙂

Been thinking the same but I feel it isn't the right thing to do.  x

25 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

Been thinking the same but I feel it isn't the right thing to do.  x

Fair play - though given the few remaining festivals that had steward places available have now filled up not everyone is taking the same approach.

Although that could just be me being cynical, maybe they all do want to go to Leeds.

39 minutes ago, incident said:

Fair play - though given the few remaining festivals that had steward places available have now filled up not everyone is taking the same approach.

Although that could just be me being cynical, maybe they all do want to go to Leeds.

Their is still a few available

Screenshot_2020-03-18-11-21-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-18-11-22-06-172_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Oxfam have said we will get a refund sadly, so I have to go through that process again , don't fancy my chances doing that again

Edit

Oxfam may have changed they minds and are looking into keeping places

Yesterday they already said we keep our places 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Oxfam have said we will get a refund sadly, so I have to go through that process again , don't fancy my chances doing that again

Edit

Oxfam may have changed they minds and are looking into keeping places

Hi - just wondered where you heard that from? I've literally just come off the online chat' with somebody and they couldn't say anymore than what was said in the email.

22 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Their is still a few available

Screenshot_2020-03-18-11-21-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-18-11-22-06-172_com.android.chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

Do you have to pay another deposit if you add a second festival? I would like to actually do one, even though the chances of any going ahead are very slim! 

I have just checked and only Campaign or Shop are now available at all the festivals shown in @gazzared 's post. It's worth checking regularly as places may become available due to cancellations.