Volunteering 2020

DJL

Their post on Facebook goes into a bit more detail and specifically says more Glastonbury places released on Wednesday...

Following on from Glastonbury’s exciting line-up reveal last week (check it out here!). We are pleased to announce that we have a new batch of Glastonbury stewarding places to release, plus more stewarding places at a handful of our festivals too, including the new Kite Festival! Places go live this Wednesday, around mid-morning.

18 minutes ago, incident said:

Their post on Facebook goes into a bit more detail and specifically says more Glastonbury places released on Wednesday...

Following on from Glastonbury’s exciting line-up reveal last week (check it out here!). We are pleased to announce that we have a new batch of Glastonbury stewarding places to release, plus more stewarding places at a handful of our festivals too, including the new Kite Festival! Places go live this Wednesday, around mid-morning.

Well, that's exciting and interesting.

Although I voted 100% not going ahead in the latest poll of polls, I'll still try and get a place on Weds.   Do we think they've had loads of cancellations already?

5 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

And that’s a NO from Oxfam on the campaign front

So I was right, they didn’t want a 50 something bloke...

Well, I don't think that you can conclude that.   Loads of people apply and they choose the best ones.  It's not just based on age or gender!

Edited by stuie

Just now, blue6field said:

Just got an email offering me a campaigning slot for Glastonbury 

chuffed to bits that I’m now officially attending, just need to see how things pan out now 😀

Awesome!  Congratulations.

Can you tell us your age?  Just wondering about the demographics in light of the comment above!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Well, that's exciting and interesting.

Although I voted 100% not going ahead in the latest poll of polls, I'll still try and get a place on Weds.   Do we think they've had loads of cancellations already?

I was wondering that cos it's quite unusual to announce like this. Maybe the roles have been expanded for some reason?

Just now, stuie said:

Nope, I think that more likely it'll be related to any precautionary measures that festivals are putting in place. Queue monitoring / spacing for example?

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Nope, I think that more likely it'll be related to any precautionary measures that festivals are putting in place. Queue monitoring / spacing for example?

Which indicates that the festival haven’t accepted its cancelllation as yet ? Straws grabbing at ... 

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Well, I don't think that you can conclude that.   Loads of people apply and they choose the best ones.  It's not just based on age or gender!

I know, I know, just clutching at straws lol

My Festaff spot is secure anyways

18 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Just got an email offering me a campaigning slot for Glastonbury 

chuffed to bits that I’m now officially attending, just need to see how things pan out now 😀

Well done! 

care to share your video?

25 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

9 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Celebrating my big 50 next year

Good to know that it's not just that they don't like 50 year old blokes!

At least you've both got your way in to the festival, if it happens.

Nice work.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, incident said:

Thanks! I got the email but hadn't seen the Facebook post.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Good to know that it's not just that they don't like 50 year old blokes!

At least you've both got your way in to the festival, if it happens.

Nice work.

From meeting and seeing them around, the campaigners do seem to skew a bit younger but there's usually a few older in the mix too

17 hours ago, Flysheet said:

I've just checked my spam folder. I, too, have been turned down for the Oxfam campaigner role. I am 50. I don't see why age should matter though. I do have an M.A in Philosophy from The Open University; so I don't see why they would turn that sort of person down. Although I suppose Doctors and Lawyers are more offended by such rejection.